Butterfield

1 hour ago, The Captain said:

What was the point in involving Butterfield today; a loan player who has no future at the club beyond the end of this season?

Liam Palmer and Connor Kirby - players who do have a future at the club - were denied a place on the bench today, for a loan player that has contributed very little all season.  Would it really have been such a terrible idea to have these lads on the bench instead, as a midfield option.  Poor decision IMO.

I can't argue with this at all in honesty.

We are looking to the future surely.

Like some on this thread, I don't want to have a pop at a player pulling on a Wednesday shirt but I struggle to see Butterfield getting into a single Championship starting 11 next season.   

Equally, I don't think some of the criticism of Reach today is fully warranted, he did have a few moments where he did things that almost came off and would have changed the game if they had.

Today we lost because we were collectively not smart enough.   Fulham cheated the ref from start to finish and played us on our own patch.   If you look at the foul count, Wednesday were playing dirty football today, when in truth Fulham were falling about like bambi on ice and like we had shot them, every single challenge.

I don't WANT to see Wednesday playing like that, but I do want to see us wising up to being faced with that kind of opposition, or we will never get out of this division.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Because he's worse

I would't say worse - they are different players but neither are good enough for us right now.    

I understand signing Jones, he has pedigree just hasn't really shown it here much.    Butterfield maybe had a few good seasons a few years ago in different type of side to how we play, but I didn't ever get his signing at all.

41 minutes ago, Jowl said:

I'll boo butterfeet every time I see his name. He not a scapegoat - Jones is nearly as bad quality wise but at least has put the occasional shift in.

Ironically it was Butterfeets best game in a Wednesday shirt. Still poo but his best game.

Your a bellend then and hope you fizz off and support somebody else.

Personally I think Butterfield is shocking,  Has been shocking and was shocking today but to boo our player on to the pitch is embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

I hate to single him out, but when Bannan went off we’d have better just keeping 10 players on the pitch. 

He should be nowhere near the match day squad, he is absolutely awful. Whoever made the decision to bring him in for Winnall needs their heads testing. 

To be fair I think it was a case of Derby coming in and going “we’d like to loan Sam Winnall please”

Wednesday- “Yeah no problem, how about we split his wages 60/40?”

Derby - “No, no that won’t do how about we pay 90% of his wages AND you can take Butterfield off our hands for no wages at all”

Wednesday - “Oh well great thank you that sounds good.” *hangs up phone* “well that was nice of them wasn’t it Mr C paying nearly all of Winnall’s wages and giving us one of their players too, what was his name again? Butterwell?”

Edited by Rebowl Yell

Butterfield is probably the laziest pro footballer i have ever seen. Hides, moves away from where the ball is and doesn't help his team mates out. But i still didn't boo him when he came on cos i was too busy shaking my head and i cant do 2 things at once. The next time you see him in the team watch him instead of the ball and you will see exactly what i mean. My local is full of Derby fans and they laugh before they ask me how he played. 

He’s no scapegoat he’s awful. Offers absolutely nothing. If u know football and actually watch him he’s a passenger when we haven’t got the ball. He wanders round doing nothing. Doesn’t go near opposition to close them down or anything. 

3 hours ago, Kanye West said:

I hate to single him out, but when Bannan went off we’d have better just keeping 10 players on the pitch. 

He should be nowhere near the match day squad, he is absolutely awful. Whoever made the decision to bring him in for Winnall needs their heads testing. 

Could be said for a few more.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

How do people know he won't be here next season?

Pretty sure it was a loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent? If we sign him on a permanent based on his performances for us, then it’s time to call it a day for our club. 

iirc there is no such clause in the Winnall deal, that’s purely a loan until the end of the season. Having said that he’s hinted a few times he’d like to stay at Dorbeh. 

Guest Arcadianrocket
3 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Pessy is not much better.