Butterfield

What was the point in involving Butterfield today; a loan player who has no future at the club beyond the end of this season?

Liam Palmer and Connor Kirby - players who do have a future at the club - were denied a place on the bench today, for a loan player that has contributed very little all season.  Would it really have been such a terrible idea to have these lads on the bench instead, as a midfield option.  Poor decision IMO.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I hate to single him out, but when Bannan went off we’d have better just keeping 10 players on the pitch. 

He should be nowhere near the match day squad, he is absolutely awful. Whoever made the decision to bring him in for Winnall needs their heads testing. 

mr idiot made that decision , the clown of course 

48 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I hate to single him out, but when Bannan went off we’d have better just keeping 10 players on the pitch. 

He should be nowhere near the match day squad, he is absolutely awful. Whoever made the decision to bring him in for Winnall needs their heads testing. 

Yeah lets all pick on an easy target that is butterfield.

Adam Reach was god awful today and easily the worst player on the pitch for me, he had a shocker.

Im not a butterfield fan but some of our fans are a joke booing him as he were coming on , thats really gunna help the side.

52 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Not having that. Butterfield is an easy target and not exactly set the world on fire but he did ok when he came on today.

He did do OK but sadly that's nowhere near enough against a Fulham midfield that bossed ours. He played a couple of decent forward passes, 1 into the box the Reach should have made more of, but generally he doesn't offer enough going forward and doesn't do a great deal defensively.

Harsh to give him his own thread today though, he was probably the best of our midfield 3 after Bannan went off - Pelupessy did nowhere near enough to stop Fulham dominating and Reach was not much better than awful.

39 minutes ago, Maxine said:

It was wrong that Butterfield got Bood when he was coming on. He didn't play well though. 

No it wasn't. His lazy ass shitness cost us numerous games. He shouldn't be allowed to set foot in Hillsborough.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, eckington owl said:

My favourite was when people thought it would be a good idea to boo him when his name was read out when he came on. I’m not a fan of him in the slightest - but what goes through people’s heads, seriously? 

That's he's let the side and fans down EVERY time he's played. Waste of money and shirt.

Guest Maxine
3 minutes ago, Jowl said:

No it wasn't. His lazy ass shitness cost us numerous games. He shouldn't be allowed to set foot in Hillsborough.

I agree he isn't good enough but he was coming on anyway and to boo him before he's kicked a ball is disgraceful  He must have been gutted and no confidence. 

Guest Maxine
Just now, Jowl said:

It's not disgraceful. His 'performances' have been. fizz him and his confidence. I bet he doesn't give a poo anyway

He's our player he was coming on its no way ok to boo him coming on. 

Butterfield wasn't even bad today. He was average but still out performed Hunt, Boyd, Pelupessy, Joao, Reach and even Bannan. 

Too many players off the pace today, we could have beaten them if we'd have been at it. 

10 minutes ago, Jowl said:

No player dispite howshit they are should be booed, ESPECIALLY as they come on as sub, I dont rate him one bit either but too boo him on is just a disgrace, its not helping the team one bit.

Hes just the skapegoat again, he actually did okay when he came on today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jowl said:

It's not disgraceful. His 'performances' have been. fizz him and his confidence. I bet he doesn't give a poo anyway

Yay lets all boo a player before they come on to spur the lads on!

Mug.

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

Waste of a pair of boots .spends more time f****** about with his hair

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Not having that. Butterfield is an easy target and not exactly set the world on fire but he did ok when he came on today.

Think the point is valid. We were second best before the sub. Admittedly we became more and more second best as the game went on. Butterfield was no worse than Joey or Reach. Depends how you measure being ineffective. 

I'll boo butterfeet every time I see his name. He not a scapegoat - Jones is nearly as bad quality wise but at least has put the occasional shift in.

Ironically it was Butterfeets best game in a Wednesday shirt. Still poo but his best game.