Butterfield

I thought it was one of his better games for us (not a high bar admittedly).

I suspect he is trying to turn it on to play for a contract for next year but even if we get MOM performances ever week surely there are too many poor performances fresh enough in the memory to make any difference to his future with us. 

5 hours ago, Owl Rly said:

He had two moments in the first half which I felt were the best of his Wednesday career. Obviously that is highlighting just how terrible he has been, but the point to make was he was okay today.

I think with our squad, anyone on for Bannan would be a tough role to fill. Though I agree that I would have preferred Jones on instead of Butterfield.

I thought he was OK in the first half but poo like most of them in the second. 

2 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

The fact he got boo’d when he came on tells us more about the monoric nature of some of our fan base than it does about him as a player. 

^This. 

You've absolutely hammered the lad from pretty much day one. And I don't mean on here, online, which is THE platform to do it if that's your lookout. I mean, at games. Booing him on, booing him off. It's embarrassing.

Feel free to respond with how bad he is, that's not my agenda. Crack on. 

But if you're going to games, and booing your own players, you're a massive weapon. 

3-2 vs dem blades by the way. 

UTR.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Not having that. Butterfield is an easy target and not exactly set the world on fire but he did ok when he came on today.

Agree. He made some really good passes. Did not look particularly bad.

Problem is that without Hutchinson and Bannan, several midfielders show similar failings and he is one of them; no real urgency, speed, sharpness, no real close control, no real tacking ability and needing plenty of time and space to work in.

obviously I don't know how fit FF is but when bannan went off it would have been the ideal scenario to bring him on and play him behind the front 2 ....the result didn't matter and couldn't see the point of playing butters (he did ok ) when he wont be here next season . 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Butterfield was better than normal but still crap...says a lot.  Reach was much worse! He will be a bench warmer next season if we have a fit squad.  Not good enough in the middle and nobody seems to want him in his best position on the left hand side.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl
53 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

^This. 

You've absolutely hammered the lad from pretty much day one. And I don't mean on here, online, which is THE platform to do it if that's your lookout. I mean, at games. Booing him on, booing him off. It's embarrassing.

But if you're going to games, and booing your own players, you're a massive weapon. 

UTR.

Just out of interest Whitey, why do you rate Butterfield so much?  He can’t tackle or head a ball, doesn’t score goals, has no pace and can only pass a ball about 5 yards.  Any longer than that and he gives the ball away.  A genuine question by the way.

56 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

^This. 

UTR.

If we want your opinion we'll give it to you :tango:

We're Sheffield Wednesday, we'll boo who we want

Well done on your win today but WAWAW here so kindly leave us be...

Hillsboro' has always had a pantomime villain for the saddos who attend purely to take out their sad lives on someone or something.

The choice is made, the performance no longer matters unless that someone has a really good run or leaves and then the next target emerges for their boos and constant complaining.

I'm not Fox's biggest fan, another recent target but the whole balance of the team seems to have suffered since his absence.

You can't have a worldbeater in every position at this level and there are jobs that need doing that just seem to get done to those too busy venting to notice.

It's about time the club issued those clapper things to those who only go to support and encourage our players on their good and bad days.  They should be made of wood and their use as weapons should be sanctioned only to bash a booer and restore positivity.

• Like 1

Butters done ok today,hes more of an attacking MF,so tacklings not his greatest asset,and thats what we lacked,personally Id have thrown Jones on,hes looked far better under JL and we lacked just that,Id have gone as far as taking out a CB and chucking both on and pushing the forewards on,weve missed out coz fulham were below par but we played into their hands tactics wise.

The amount of weight on that pass from sessignon is summat we never do,was only going in one place once he (Mitrovic) connected.BAM one nil

Lets talk potential.

We know Reach is our crown jewel, so lets not scape goat him. Let Jos find a way to push him to new heights.

Pelupessy, Clare alot more to come from them.

Lee, Bannan, Hutchinson. Surely they've got to offer more than this season.

Abdi, Jones, Butterfield they're done. We can not go to war with these players. Heck, Abdi can't even make it to war.

6 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

Butterfield is probably the laziest pro footballer i have ever seen. Hides, moves away from where the ball is and doesn't help his team mates out. But i still didn't boo him when he came on cos i was too busy shaking my head and i cant do 2 things at once. The next time you see him in the team watch him instead of the ball and you will see exactly what i mean. My local is full of Derby fans and they laugh before they ask me how he played. 

Your absolutely right, I watched him when he came on today and to say he is inafective is unfair to inafective footballers, he is much worse than that, and bringing him on just lessens any faith that JL is the answer to our dilemma 

53 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

.Lets talk potential.

We know Reach is our crown jewel, so lets not scape goat him. Let Jos find a way to push him to new heights.

Pelupessy, Clare alot more to come from them.

Lee, Bannan, Hutchinson. Surely they've got to offer more than this season.

Abdi, Jones, Butterfield they're done. We can not go to war with these players. Heck, Abdi can't even make it to war.

I can't see Clare staying but i really hope he does as he's a completely different option to anything we currently have in CM.