Butterfield

I hate to single him out, but when Bannan went off we’d have better just keeping 10 players on the pitch. 

He should be nowhere near the match day squad, he is absolutely awful. Whoever made the decision to bring him in for Winnall needs their heads testing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I hate to single him out, but when Bannan went off we’d have better just keeping 10 players on the pitch. 

He should be nowhere near the match day squad, he is absolutely awful. Whoever made the decision to bring him in for Winnall needs their heads testing. 

No idea why Jones wasn’t brought on

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Yet he wasn’t as bad as “fans favourite” Reach who was total garbage again 

• Like 3

He had two moments in the first half which I felt were the best of his Wednesday career. Obviously that is highlighting just how terrible he has been, but the point to make was he was okay today.

I think with our squad, anyone on for Bannan would be a tough role to fill. Though I agree that I would have preferred Jones on instead of Butterfield.

I was expecting Reach to drop back into the Bannan linking role and have FF come on for an hour... very disappointed that Butterfield came on. You need a forward thinking midfielder alongside Pelupessy otherwise you're just left with two midfielders that prefer ball-retention over progressive play... and Butters is one hell of an expert at crab football. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Not having that. Butterfield is an easy target and not exactly set the world on fire but he did ok when he came on today.

Agreed. We actually picked up for the remaining 15 minutes of the first half when Butterfield came on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Not having that. Butterfield is an easy target and not exactly set the world on fire but he did ok when he came on today.

He was better than , Reach Boyd Joao HUNT , No worse than Pelpessey , Fred , Dave . 

But yeh give him his own thread ,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Typical scapegoating 

Butterfield just an easy target, those booing him when he came on we're an absolute disgrace. 

Yeah I want him to go back to derby at the end of the season, but singling him out and scapegoating him is pathetic.

• Like 1

I do find it odd though that he still gets a place when it’s clear he won’t be here next season and we have Jones who can play a similar role. Let’s face it he can’t be all that committed at moment 

thought he did ok. He's limited, and similar to all our midfield 'options', which is a bit depressing.

At least he showed for the ball which is more can be said for Pelupessy, who is almost invisible.