End of season clear out

9 minutes ago, Libertine said:

You can only offload most of these players if someone wants to take up there ridiculous contracts. 

No one will look look to take Fletcher, Matias, Abdi or Hutchinson off us. They all have at least 12 months left on there contracts on eye watering wages. They’re all injury prone and way passed their best. 

Who’s out of contract in the summer apart from Loovens & Nuhui? 

Pudil and Palmer I think

I know it’s controversial but I’d try and move Westwood on in the summer if he gets fit. Hopefully get a 2-3 million for him and get his big wage off the wage bill. We have 2 promising young keepers and plenty of decent keepers knocking around to compete with Dawson & Wildsmith.  

And dont forget we’ve got a huge problem with FFP so might be some very unpopular departures. Only players we could command a decent fee for this summer is Bannan, Forestieri, Reach, Joao & Hooper. Winnall would have been an obvious one but he’s damaged goods now after 2 cruciate injuries. Same with Kieron Lee, and Tom Lees seems to be getting fitter and improving week on week. 

Going to be a very interesting summer.  

Unfortunately this is fantasy stuff.  Apart from the ones who are out of contract we ain't going to be able to offload ageing and well paid players who haven't cut the mustard with us to anyone else.

With FFP we'll see very few ins and outs over the summer at all I would think.  Most money we'll get in is the compensation when Hirst/Clare get snapped up by Tottenham. 

11 minutes ago, Libertine said:

So that’s 2 players out of 2 who probably deserve a new contract. No sign of a clear out this summer. 

He may deserve one but can we use the money better? We may be able to get younger players on less money instead

To get some players like Abdi, Matias and Fletcher off the wage bill we will have to be a bit creative.

Have to offer them a generous golden handshake to go or offer to pay wages for another club to take them on loan with a view to a full transfer.
Even then its doubtful we will be able to shift them.

Depending on FFP (or whatever they call it) we might have to sacrifice a player to bring someone in.

1 hour ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

How exactly do we go about offloading these players? Is there a magic trick I don't know about?

Yup, relegated PL teams.

Convince them that the high earners have only struggled due to playing in a poor team. Once they play with ex PL players quality they will shine.

I'll start.

I hope we don't lose Abdi, Fletcher and Rhodes, they will be reyt players in the reyt team.

This depends if we get an embargo for the FFP breach this summer or in January. Let say this summer is a normal transfer window for us.

We don't resign Loovens, Pudil, Wallace, Kean.

We try and resign Clare and Hirst if not take what ever offer we get as they are under 24 we are due something and offer Nuihu a 2 year deal.

We have too many strikers and central midfielders, Buttercup goes back, we off load Jones as to often not been good enough, Hutch look spent but I would offer him a player coaching role with the emphasis on coaching if he could coach his heart and passion into the team they would be the best in the league. Winnall does not want to be here so if we can get upwards of £2.5m that will be good business. Fletcher another that has glass ankles and is always injured and he was a free so getting rid will not damage the accounts. I would look to loan Rhodes out for the first part of the season to get him play regular football and hopefully scoring goals then look to sell with his stock rising.

The problems are the never going to be players Abdi, Matias - high earners who can sit on the behind for the next 12 months and take £50k+ from the club if we could offload these on frees it would save us £2.5m a season just in salaries. 

Fox, Palmer not of the standard we need to be sold to who ever we can. 

Of the players left the likes of O'Grady, Penney, Neilson, Dawson, Preston need loaning out for the season to aid their development but we need clauses in the deals that they have to play say 25 games in the season or there is penalty clauses we have had players go out on loan in the past there has been management changes and they don't get played see Stobbs and Penney this season as examples of this.

Now recruitment

We need 2 Left backs I would look for a good younger player like James at Wigan or Williams from Blackburn I see some Radar in him and a Premiership loan such as Galloway at Everton.

We need a first choice right back if Hunt is not up to the bill and depending if Reading are relegated I would love to see us get Gunter in, the best right back in the league even with a struggling team and an improvement on what we have.

We need a central midfielder and I have been impressed with Dowell this season at Forest on loan from Everton, Maybe if Hirst goes there we could use it to get a few of their good youngsters on loan for the season.

We then need to sort the issue with right wing. For me he has been frozen out at Wolves and will be available for a reduced fee but he has shown on loan at Millwall he is very good in this league - but as soon as I say Ben Marshall people will thing its because he used to play for us. We need a right winger who provides goal opportunity and he has done this his whole career as well as scoring as well.

Then the only new recruits we get is like for like if we get a great offer for players we have.

We need to renegotiate new deals for Westwood, Joao, Reach to tie them to longer deals so if we get any offers we can up the price, not to mention we don't have the issues like we have had with Hirst.

You guys

You can only ship out players that are out of contract, of which we have 4, Loovens, Pudil, Nuhiu and Wallace

The rest of the squad will only leave if they get a better deal elsewhere, and with the ridiculous wages we pay, that isn't going to happen unless we pay them to leave, or subsidise their wages if they move out on loan

I'm afraid we're stuck with this squad until their contracts expire

For players like Fletcher, that's another 2 years

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You guys

You can only ship out players that are out of contract, of which we have 4, Loovens, Pudil, Nuhiu and Wallace

The rest of the squad will only leave if they get a better deal elsewhere, and with the ridiculous wages we pay, that isn't going to happen unless we pay them to leave, or subsidise their wages if they move out on loan

I'm afraid we're stuck with this squad until their contracts expire

For players like Fletcher, that's another 2 years

Hirst and Clare are also out of contract

We are writing a lot of players off who haven’t yet played under Jos. The current players are now starting to look fitter and more confident and results are starting to come. Big Dave is probably the best example. He was the first name on these type of threads not so long ago, along with Jaoao and Fred.

those out of contract will probably leave, hopefully not Dave, so let’s see what the likes of Fletcher matias and abdi are capable of when fully fit and firing on all cylinders. Reality is they are t going anywhere.

• Like 1

Anyone notice the tide-change of people we want to get rid of. The top name on most lists less than a month ago does not appear - that of our March Player of the Month (with no less than 85% of the votes) - a certain Kosovan by the name of Nuhiu. Still - GET HIM RE-SIGNED!