End of season clear out

Probably still too early to be thinking about the end of season changes needed, but couldn’t help myself now I'm sure we're safe.

I reckon we should move out 10 players:
Palmer
Loovens
Fox
Butterfield
Jones
Wallace
Abdi
Matias
Rhodes
Fletcher

In return, I think we need to sign 6:
RB, CB, 2 x LB, a beast in CM & a creative CM.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nath83 said:

Probably still too early to be thinking about the end of season changes needed, but couldn’t help myself now I'm sure we're safe.

Palmer
Loovens
Fox
Butterfield
Jones
Wallace
Abdi
Matias
Rhodes
Fletcher

Agreed but that is football manager stuff. In reality who in their right mind is going to want to take on abdi , Matias , fletcher etc where their injury records ? 

7 minutes ago, Nath83 said:

Palmer - Would keep 
Loovens - Sell if possible 
Fox - Can’t sell - Injured 
Butterfield - Loan - will go back 
Jones - Unsure on Jones but again injured isn’t he? 
Wallace - Injured & Out of contract 
Abdi - HA HA HA HA HA HA 
Matias - Always Injured and value next to nothing 
Rhodes - Massive loss but would take a loan out if we can find anyone?
Fletcher - Injured, Massive wage and contract going no where 

Shouldn't be a problem. There will be loads of clubs queing up to take the likes of Abdi, Fletcher and Matias. 

I bet the players can't wait to make the switch and halve their wages early.

• Haha 2

First time I can remember that I wouldn’t be upset if any of our players left in close season. Only a handful that I’d be close to, and if they went they’d be for good of club as have decent resale values. 

I think we could ship upward of ten players without even bringing one in and still have a better season next season. 

I’d be looking to move on (obviously requires a willing taker): 

Westwood - likely still has good resale value and whilst is probably best keeper in league I’m more than confident in young Joe in years to come. 

Loovens - don’t renew contract.

Pudil - don’t renew contract, done great job at CB but he’s likely a big earner as a decent CB, I’d rather take chance on JVA or Thornley next season.

Wallace - don’t renew contract

Butters - send back

Abdi - free to a good home, just want him off wage bill

Fletch - free to good home just want him off wage bill

Rhodes / Winnal Loan out - loan one of these out, neither likely to sell for what they are worth but if a good season as main striker elsewhere both could be worth quite a bit in Jan or next year 

That’s 8 and sure could chuck another 6 on if you twisted my arm, obviously all won’t go and we have to get rid of those in a way that is good for the club - which may take several windows and contracts to run down. 

I’d be keeping the squad players that are often slated on here but probably earn a lot less Nuhiu, Palmer, Fox - all happy to do a job when called upon and probably combined cost less than Abdi earns. 

I’d bring youth through where we can: 2 CB’s looked decent so far, as has Clare. I’d like to see the RWB that’s made bench few times get a game in running as Penney (shame he’s out on loan). 

At a rough guess getting rid of 8 of above could save 100k a week (conservative guess), I think we are due a transitional season where we have to balance books a bit at just compete while we ship out some of the deadwood.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nath83 said:

Palmer
Loovens
Fox
Butterfield
Jones
Wallace
Abdi
Matias
Rhodes
Fletcher

I would keep Palmer. Agree with rest. What about Winnall?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Nath83 said:

Palmer
Loovens
Fox
Butterfield
Jones
Wallace
Abdi
Matias
Rhodes
Fletcher

I would also get rid of Hutch. A passenger.

23 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I would keep Palmer. Agree with rest. What about Winnall?

Would like to see him back and given a chance under Jos, but lets see what Derby are willing to offer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nath83 said:

Palmer
Loovens
Fox
Butterfield
Jones
Wallace
Abdi
Matias
Rhodes
Fletcher

Can't argue with that. Maybe keep Fletcher and release Winnall as I think bridges have been burnt there.

• Like 1

I’d keep Palmer and possibly Fletcher as he could have a part to play IF he can stay fit and is good to have as a back up. 

Not sure about Winnall, ideally give him a clean slate but if he’s going to disrupt team harmony etc just ship him out. See what Derby offer first, but if Madine’s with £6m I’d rate Winnall at £8m at least in today’s market. 

1 hour ago, Nath83 said:

Palmer
Loovens
Fox
Butterfield
Jones
Wallace
Abdi
Matias
Rhodes
Fletcher

Agree with most but there’s no way I’d led Westwood go, as you said, probably the best keeper in the division on his day,

Wildsmith has done brilliant since coming in but still has a lot to learn in dealing with crosses and commanding his box.

He will be a worldie in time  but unfortunately not yet 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nath83 said:

Palmer
Loovens
Fox
Butterfield
Jones
Wallace
Abdi
Matias
Rhodes
Fletcher

Nobody will pay Fletcher ,Abdi or Rhodes what we pay them.

You can only offload most of these players if someone wants to take up there ridiculous contracts. 

No one will look look to take Fletcher, Matias, Abdi or Hutchinson off us. They all have at least 12 months left on there contracts on eye watering wages. They’re all injury prone and way passed their best. 

Who’s out of contract in the summer apart from Loovens & Nuhui? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Libertine said:

You can only offload most of these players if someone wants to take up there ridiculous contracts. 

No one will look look to take Fletcher, Matias, Abdi or Hutchinson off us. They all have at least 12 months left on there contracts on eye watering wages. They’re all injury prone and way passed their best. 

Who’s out of contract in the summer apart from Loovens & Nuhui? 

I think Pudil maybe?