Sunderland tho..

Just shows how tough life in the Championship can be and how badly run they've been.

They'll still receive parachute payments for a few years so it'll be a major surprise if they don't bounce straight back, assuming they get relegated that is.

Not a nice situation to be in but they've at least had their share of PL football in recent years, unlike us, so can't feel too sorry for them.

11 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Don’t care either way about them, BUT Coleman called us ‘Sheffield’.

For that reason alone I hope they go down.

Maybe he know's there's only one real team in the city.

3 hours ago, Eastern said:

Feel for the fans. Far better than teams like the arrogant Brighton plastics.

We have been where Sunderland are right now. 

Don't ever want to be like that again.

For all my jesting this is true.  Free mackem mates ther Judy want a new owner and clear it and start over with a fresh broom 

Edited by darklord

They wanted to sign Nuhiu in January too. He might’ve given them a chance as they miss a focal point up front.

They are playing so badly but looking at their squad on paper it really shouldn’t be happening.

Despite parachute cash they haven’t been able to spend they are in such a mess. Big wages and contracts for players who are out on the drink.

Relegation will be bad for them short term but I think they need to bottom out and find a buyer before the parachute cash dries up. 

Having said all that, for a club with 50k fans they haven’t half deserted them quickly 

Edited by Bluesteel

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

They wanted to sign Nuhiu in January too. He might’ve given them a chance as they miss a focal point up front.

They are playing so badly but looking at their squad on paper it really shouldn’t be happening.

They don't look fit to me.

You've got to be super fit for this division.

WTF!?

They huffed and puffed and passed it around, but when it came to the danger areas they had no cutting edge, no real threat in front of goal and they were soft as jelly in defence. Last ten minutes they looked beaten, disinterested, shell shocked.

With a bit of composure we could have had two or three by half time.

I put BBC Newcastle on for 5mins on my way out of Sunderland. Some bloke called Kevin was calling their owner for not investing etc, blah blah blah and then said we weren't very good and didn't deserve to win (as did Coleman post match).

They are in a mess no doubt, but it seemed to me they had nothing up front. Everything that was positive game from passes from the back or wings.

Its a shame but they look like going the way us and L**ds have over the last. 2 decades.

Utter rubbish.

Great steaming piles of sheite.

And that was just the walk to the ground.

Did anyone else transverse the badlands between The Kings Head on the other side of the river and the bridge? Fuckme, it made Rovrum look like paradise.

Edited by Owl At Risk

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

1-3.

WTF!?

I don’t understand your point. I’m not saying that we didn’t look far better today.

All I’m saying is that their performance wasn’t any worse than our performances against Birmingham, Millwall, burton this season.

its easy to view a performance in isolation and make sweeping statements. Do they deserve to go down, yes. Are they one of the worst teams the championship has ever seen, no.

5 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

I thought I had seen it all on here.

But to disrespect the wonder that is pease pudding.

For shame. For shame.

Sunderland fans skipping the country early before relegation stopped at Newcastle airport trying to take Pease pudding with them

Pease Pudding.jpg