Let’s not crucify a player that’s served our club tremendously well

one season too many i'm afraid .....been better than decent in his time here but don't think ive ever seen a player lose his mobility/ability  so quickly as him this season . he's been so poor it makes me wonder if he's carrying an injury .

Fully agree with OP, and il admit I've been quick to criticise him this season. He's been frightening to watch at times, which I don't think is totally his fault.

He's been a great servant, a good leader, and a class act on and off the pitch. A great ambassador for the club.

Good player, good captain thoroughly nice bloke. Love him to stay and get Semedo back alongside him as drill sergeants and instillers of discipline and motivation along the lines of good cop, bad cop. 

Minus the African Woodbines of course, that goes without saying. That would do the trick.

Sentimental drivel, should hang his boots up, get rid asap.

People are too sensitive, he has earned enough in his time to be able to say, "i'm injured and will be out for the rest of the Season". Needs to get with the plan.

Edited by daleblue

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I think Loovens, Wallace, Nuhiu and Palmers contracts all expire at the end of the season. I can't think of abreason to retain any of them to be honest but appreciate the contributions of Loovens and Wallace over the last 3 seasons. 

Agreed, all 4 should leave.

Time for a fresh start. 

Busy summer ahead with departures as well as a few astute signings for positions we actually need to sign players for, that would be a novelty!

He’s been a brilliant player for us, i was so happy for him when he scored his first goal against Newcastle, and what a result that turned out to be. Massive shame his career at Wednesday is coming to an end but I will always remember him as being a solid defender for us 

The sentiment is ok in theory, but the problem is we are worried about relegation. Once the match kicks off every schoolboy error is going to lead to moans and groans etc. If that mistake leads to a goal the abuse will intensify.

Don't get me wrong the day after the game we will all agree they deserve better but at the time emotions run high.  

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I think Loovens, Wallace, Nuhiu and Palmers contracts all expire at the end of the season. I can't think of abreason to retain any of them to be honest but appreciate the contributions of Loovens and Wallace over the last 3 seasons. 

Wallace has been another great servant to the club who has earned every penny of the wages he's been paid. It disgusts me to see some of the abuse and disrespect he gets as well.

People should be mindful that we've got players stealing a living at the club, Matias being the worst culprit of all time, before slagging him off.

Glenn and Wallace served us well for freebies. We were in free fall when Dave Jones signed him and he stabilised the team then formed a bedrock of 2 of our most successful seasons in 17 years. 

Should be moved into coaching team without a doubt as we'll need some continuity at the end of the season when the sweepout comes. 

And as much as I love the guy Bullen hardly covered himself in glory during his caretaker spell... 

52 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Can't blame a player for not having the ability anymore. 

I think Loovens has been a great player for us but when I see his name in the starting line up I fear for how many goals we will concede. 

And yet the opposite is true.

Glenn has played 15 full or near-full matches this season; the team conceded 17 goals.

We have conceded 34 goals in the other 22 matches.

Since Carlos, Glenn has played 6 full or near-full matches; the team conceded 7.

We have conceded 16 goals in the other 8 matches.

Glenn has been poor. The alternatives have been poorer.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Think Palmer might have another year.

Loovens, Wallace, Nuhiu , Pudil and Venancio's contracts all expire in June though. I'd imagine none will be retained. There'll be a freash start IMO.