DISGRACEFUL

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah fair points 

Problem is the casual fan will no longer even check the club website for prices because it's that rare that they can attend.

All about perception I guess

It is, that first season they went up top price was £52, did we ever charge it? But it made us one of dearest clubs in country. 

Just now, 1867Heaven said:

It is, that first season they went up top price was £52, did we ever charge it? But it made us one of dearest clubs in country. 

That's a perfect point to be fair

Many fans will have seen the headlines and never checked to see if they can actually afford to go again.

Add to that how bizarre the ticketing site has been over the last few years, all the categories, and tiers of pricing, and then all the different memberships and club schemes that there are and it's possibly the most aggressively difficult things to buy for a casual fan.

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I still don't understand the kit thing and putting them up to £59 in January when we're plummeting down the league and it's already proven to be a non-selling item

Bonkers

It's not bonkers at all ..

It's like a record. you only buy it if you like the songs on it. 

If you don't like it you don't buy it ..

I was a big fan of The Jam,  but Style Council ? Bloody Supermarket Music ..

I don't like my football clubs latest shirts..

So I won't buy them 

Good luck to those who want to buy them and well done to those who sell them,  you've pulled a blinder ...

Better luck next time for me I hope ....

Waiting patiently for a Jam reunion 

Just like the Blue n white Stripes .......

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, alanharper said:

I'd rather pay £1000 a year to watch Wednesday than watch Forest for free. 

Most of the money saved would be lost in petrol surely. 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think they has always been a characteristic of Footy fans of the 'true fan' syndrome.

Can remember people using 'part timers' when I was at School.

But does seem to be a lot more prevalent these days though.

It was a genuine insult.

It didn't matter if you paid, jumped the turnstile, climbed over the ambulances, bunged the gateman etc. you physically had to be there.

If all methods failed then you hung about and went in for the last 20.  This was in the old 3rd then 2nd division too so it wasn't for guaranteed entertainment either.

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

£42 for match 

Or 

Shopping for family 

Only 1 winner on that 

having recently had a baby this is where i am at next season.

Dont want to commit time to a season ticket (even though i could afford one), however there is no way im paying POTG prices. Shame but its my loss.

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Season ticket on the North equals just over £24 a game, good view and what I consider to be a bargain to watch the team I support.

I agree with all this. With the 10 month interest free option to buy, this works out at £55 a month.

The bottom line is; supporters vote with their feet. Although it's their wallets that motivate the feet.

:Chansiri:

42 minutes ago, markowl said:

28,000 there on Saturday.

But in reality our attendance for home fans was no difference to other matches.

Away fans are the difference, hence why PL attendances would constantly hit the high 20s, Swansea, Palace, Brighton excepted

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wonder what would happen IF a central body like the FA set the prices as standard for every club

e.g. it's £25 for every club each game in any seat and no more no less, apart from away fans who are £20

Under 23's get in for a quid a game

Sorted

Are football clubs not private ltd companies with the right to govern their affairs in the way they see fit (for good or bad)? 

Wonder how many would be owners would be enticed to put their money into a club knowing that epitome of sound fiscal management and forward thinking time servers, the FA are dictating what they can & cannot do, especially with regard to finances.

Maybe go one step further, get Corbyn & his cronies involved, promise everyone free entry, a free programme and a chauffeur driven limo to the ground and a guaranteed 3 points every game.

Could have an annual pre season in North Korea.

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

It's literally the only option though.  If you go you justify the pricing, if you don't you oppose it (even if only because you are forced to).

Everyone would prefer lower pricing, that's a given.  I'd prefer petrol to be cheaper and holidays to cost less too.  Oh and a 50% pay rise.  But then again I live in the real world, where everything gets more expensive.

Someone ought to point out to the Forest fans how fortunate they are for living in a world 25% percent less real than ours then.