DISGRACEFUL

Just now, Semedo's ferret said:

Chansiri gets another bite at the supporters cherry. If we show Notts forest type ambition after paying Wednesday type prices then he'll lose fans. He must know that. 

Marketing and advertising at Sheffield Wednesday is the easiest thing to do when all it takes is to get the hardcore fans onside early on who then become your pricing police, calling out and bringing into line anyone who steps out of line and disputes the pricing.

Then if it all goes wrong that season (like this season) simply launch a new exciting season ticket campaign, add a load of good news in about top players at the club returning, add some new signings in and guaranteed you'll get takeup again.

It's so simple, so easy and very difficult to get wrong, as the anger of December and January immediately dissolves once the new season tickets are announced, and then goes through to the new kits being launched, player signing rumours in the summer, and then the fixture list coming out.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

I do pal but people need to stop reading the headlines with our ticket prices and actually look at them and work out how they can use the numerous ways to save money. I used the same comparison with a blade I know who claimed he wasn’t going to the derby cus of what we were charging, turned out in most cases (different stands etc) it was actually cheaper for a Dad and 2 kids to attend the derby at Hillsboro than their home game against Wolves the week after, bet the Star didn’t print that tough

Yeah fair points 

Problem is the casual fan will no longer even check the club website for prices because it's that rare that they can attend.

All about perception I guess

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Why?  Why are MK Dons any different to us?  Other than I have 0 feeling for them and love Wednesday?

Do you think Sheffield Wednesday would give 1 single f*ck if I didn't turn up next week, or the week after?  

The sentiment is one way.  You don't seem to be able to separate passion and emotions from facts about business.

Because the franchise is optimising its offering in a drive to maximise its customer base!!!!

I manage to make business decisions every day based on ROI opportunities. I can't however separate my passion and emotions for Wednesday from my rational business mind. Part of me would die if I did. You know, the human part.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Think season ticket prices are at the top end of being resonable.

But still not cheap.

POTG prices are embarassing.

Not only thing at the club that is really over priced. 

Raised my eyebrows when the club do things like make replica shirts £50 and make out they are doing fans a favour.

I still don't understand the kit thing and putting them up to £59 in January when we're plummeting down the league and it's already proven to be a non-selling item

Bonkers

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Owl At Risk said:

Because the franchise is optimising its offering in a drive to maximise its customer base!!!!

I manage to make business decisions every day based on ROI opportunities. I can't however separate my passion and emotions for Wednesday from my rational business mind. Part of me would die if I did. You know, the human part.

You surely MUST separate the if you are to buy a season ticket?  Because it makes no rational sense to buy one at all.

• Haha 1

Just not bothered...

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

I think though to many people it's not a case of not going golfing, but other necessities that are more crucial to their lives

Only problem is if they don't go then the truefans come on shouting at them "How many games do you go to?" etc etc

It's not great if you can't afford to go and it's a really recent phenomenon

It's also something that as a fanbase we need to realise, come to terms with and understand how best to deal with it because long term calling those who can't afford to go names, and calling them not proper fans etc isn't going to be a winner for anyone concerned

It's worrying

To be honest zive never been into the true fan crap. I worked shifts in the Fire Service fir 30 years so didnt have a season ticket as i never knew how many games I would get to. A 40 year supporter attending 10-15 games a season is just as big a fan as a 3 year season ticket holder in his early twenties and for those that go when they can afford it, well they go so they too are a supporter just the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Well of course

The worst kind of fan is the fan who criticises those who want to go to the big games

No, the worst type of fan is one who constantly stirs up negativity when we need every ounce of positive energy we have to win the FA Cup and cement our position to challenge next year whilst we have a mountain of injured players being managed by a bloke who is doing his best  and has only been here two minutes.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

No, the worst type of fan is one who constantly stirs up negativity when we need every ounce of positive energy we have to win the FA Cup and cement our position to challenge next year whilst we have a mountain of injured players being managed by a bloke who is doing his best  and has only been here two minutes.

Nobody's doing that though really and if they try they get challenged and debated

Those who simply blast fans who can't afford to go to every game but choose  to go to the bigger ones need to shake themselves as it's just not the right or nice thing to do

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

BOOOOOOOOOOO... boooooo.

FFS.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Nobody's doing that though really and if they try they get challenged and debated

Those who simply blast fans who can't afford to go to every game but want to go to the bigger ones need to shake themselves as it's just not the right or nice thing to do

I think we're probably both a bit right and this thread should probably be in the Boardroom Section anyway.