DISGRACEFUL

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not just that though

Some fans or families can only afford the odd game so will choose the big ones and not the ones deemed that bad that the prices get reduced for them

Families? Another poster has just said it was £42 on North Saturday against arguably the biggest team in league, that would be £52 for a Dad and 2 kids, come on Neil, how much would thatbof been 10 years ago? I’d be amazed if you got much change from a 50

Just now, mattitheowl said:

The result is always the same though...

Unlike Neil the barbarian... I watch films with nuanced performances and indefinite outcomes.

However... I have been known to be roaring and rocking with the kids on a Christmas Eve to a Spielberg or a Disney.

And I always say.. FFS...at the end.

Football is too expensive but at any price it can never be guaranteed to be exciting or entertaining as an actual, one off event.

It is a one off piece of drama that is built from current position, previous results, available players, history with the opposition, the ref, the weather, basically 90 minutes in the moment with baggage.

Nothing else is comparable unless you have no loyalty or feel ownership and emotion to the team, club and outcome.

It's why they have got a large chunk of us by theballs.  

Just now, 1867Heaven said:

Families? Another poster has just said it was £42 on North Saturday against arguably the biggest team in league, that would be £52 for a Dad and 2 kids, come on Neil, how much would thatbof been 10 years ago? I’d be amazed if you got much change from a 50

You know what I mean though

If a family can afford to go to one game every now and again they'll choose something like playing Sheffield United and Wolves not Swansea at home to watch the reserves etc

It's just down to what they think will be the best/most exciting and most 'gotta be there for that one' game

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Yet we’ve our best gates in years, and I’m not getting at the season ticket holders with the cup games I’m pointing towards the moaners who claim they don’t come because of the prices, I also went to all 4 b cause they were cheap.

If you only went because it was cheap then you've just described yourself.

11 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Matti is actually right...We perceive ourselves as something other than a customer....but the point is..The club don't....

mr Chansiri gives not a flyer if you were present amongst the 8'000 or so rain soaked f.ookers who watched us dip to Oxford in the 70's...You do...obviously...its part of your make up....It means absolutely NOTHING to the club...

I can't understand how some fans can't get their heads around it...

Football has moved on.....

The majority of us are still caught up in the Romance of The Wednesday..I am and make no apologies for it, but I'm not naive enough  to think the club don't take advantage of that...They have little or no understanding of it.

Mr Chansiri will beat the "Wednesday family " drum..He's no idea what that means..really he hasn't...I don't blame him for it....He's bought the club....He has to do what he thinks is right....

But I don't fall for he rubbish..same as some bloody player kissing the badge then f.ookin' off to Chelsea the week after....I know it for what it is

Me and my lads used to be season ticket holders

Can't afford it now due to rising travel costs and ridiculous POTG price

Tell you what though mate it breaks my heart not being able to attend games anymore and I don't feel part of this great big Wednesday family Chansiri keeps telling us we are part of. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Wonder what would happen IF a central body like the FA set the prices as standard for every club

e.g. it's £25 for every club each game in any seat and no more no less, apart from away fans who are £20

Under 23's get in for a quid a game

Sorted

Makes you wonder if this is how the German football. Association do it, whenever you see bundasliga highlights its always packed to the rafters and according to form far cheaper than over here? 

• Like 1

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

Makes you wonder if this is how the German football. Association do it, whenever you see bundasliga highlights its always packed to the rafters and according to form far cheaper than over here? 

And yet their teams manage to be successful and get promoted so it's not simply true that the more money you spend on tickets as a fan the more successful your team is

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Sham67 said:

He stopped going in 13/14 and wasn't able to go until the start of last season,  Unfortunately he passed away last year. 

Sorry to hear that mate

Like you say there are some good people in our ticket office. Alistair in particular has been outstanding during his time with SWFC

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You know what I mean though

If a family can afford to go to one game every now and again they'll choose something like playing Sheffield United and Wolves not Swansea at home to watch the reserves etc

It's just down to what they think will be the best/most exciting and most 'gotta be there for that one' game

I do pal but people need to stop reading the headlines with our ticket prices and actually look at them and work out how they can use the numerous ways to save money. I used the same comparison with a blade I know who claimed he wasn’t going to the derby cus of what we were charging, turned out in most cases (different stands etc) it was actually cheaper for a Dad and 2 kids to attend the derby at Hillsboro than their home game against Wolves the week after, bet the Star didn’t print that tough

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

50+1 rule and all that.

Supporters are majority 'owners' although RB Leipzig have pretty much gone round it.

That's why it's cheap.

1 minute ago, Millhouses said:

Huddersfield Town

A rare example.

If we weren't one of the most expensive teams in the country to watch, we'd have really struggled this season.

We could even have ended up buying reserve full backs from division 1 teams.

Scary prospect.