DISGRACEFUL

1 minute ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I remember saying I wouldn't go anymore when it went above a fiver, yet I'm still there watching us. I'm not having a go at anyone but I do without some things because I enjoy watching Wednesday, they are like my present to myself.

Said similar, it was around the mid 80s. Thought £4.50 was too much 

1 minute ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I can't really afford it now if I'm honest, that's why I do without something else. I was crap at golf anyway lol

lol

I think though to many people it's not a case of not going golfing, but other necessities that are more crucial to their lives

Only problem is if they don't go then the truefans come on shouting at them "How many games do you go to?" etc etc

It's not great if you can't afford to go and it's a really recent phenomenon

It's also something that as a fanbase we need to realise, come to terms with and understand how best to deal with it because long term calling those who can't afford to go names, and calling them not proper fans etc isn't going to be a winner for anyone concerned

It's worrying

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Since we are just customers then they can't complain if we say no not having that and walk away. 

Of course they can't.  They have to price their product in such a way as to appeal to enough fans that they sell the maximum they can without selling themselves short.  It's a fine balance because if they over price it people won't pay and won't come back.  But under price it and they fall short on FFP.

2 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

To be honest mattiowl I think you'd be better off taking your custom to MK Dons.

Why?  Why are MK Dons any different to us?  Other than I have 0 feeling for them and love Wednesday?

Do you think Sheffield Wednesday would give 1 single f*ck if I didn't turn up next week, or the week after?  

The sentiment is one way.  You don't seem to be able to separate passion and emotions from facts about business.

Just not bothered...

Just now, 1867Heaven said:

Why have you copied and pasted this all over social media? Theirs are cheaper, go and support them or buy a multi year ticket that comes in cheaper, my 3 year season ticket comes in at around £18 a game and before you get started on being able to afford it I got it on 0% finance and how many fans were at Swansea, Carlisle, Reading and Chesterfield this season? 

Here we go... It's Bingo time.

"Go watch someone else"

Guess what?

Some people can't commit to a season ticket as they might work shifts etc, most people don't want to watch another team and some people certainly aren't prepared to sit on their hands and accept getting shafted.

As for the cup games you've mentioned. I went to them all, some people didn't because a season ticket might just be their limit.

£42 they wanted for a POTG fan against Villa in the North Stand on Saturday.

I love how football supporters have this deluded idea that they are more than customers and will quote an inexhaustible list of excuses why they are not.

Meanwhile football clubs will carry on taking our money and watch us arguing like “two bald men over a comb” .

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, g-owls said:

Nottingham Forest have today announced their season ticket prices for next season.

The comparison with ours are shocking. Here's a few examples of Adult prices along with the prices in similar areas at Hillsborough

Trent End and Bridgford Stand Lower £330 -  Kop £455 (£125 more)

Brian Clough Stand £330 -  North Stand £555 (£225 more)

Peter Taylor Stand £435  -  South Stand £640 (£205 more) (South Stand at Hillsborough is far better but not at that price)

As for 18-25's at Hillsborough the cheapest price is on the Kop at £355, the dearest being in the South Stand for £500.

At Forest it's 18-23 - Two years less I hear you say - Indeed so, but an 18-23 year old will pay £100 for a season Ticket at the City Ground in any part of the ground.

Just how much are we being ripped off? It's an absolute joke.

Go and watch Forest then.

10 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I totally understand all of that.  I do.  I'm in the same boat.  I love Wednesday probably only second to my family.  But I'm still a customer.  I have 100% brand loyalty.  But to Mr Chansiri I am nothing more than a customer who purchases from his business.  Just like every other football fan the world over.  Football is a business.  The sooner people get their head around it (like it or not) the better we'll all be.

Matti is actually right...We perceive ourselves as something other than a customer....but the point is..The club don't....

mr Chansiri gives not a flyer if you were present amongst the 8'000 or so rain soaked f.ookers who watched us dip to Oxford in the 70's...You do...obviously...its part of your make up....It means absolutely NOTHING to the club...

I can't understand how some fans can't get their heads around it...

Football has moved on.....

The majority of us are still caught up in the Romance of The Wednesday..I am and make no apologies for it, but I'm not naive enough  to think the club don't take advantage of that...They have little or no understanding of it.

Mr Chansiri will beat the "Wednesday family " drum..He's no idea what that means..really he hasn't...I don't blame him for it....He's bought the club....He has to do what he thinks is right....

But I don't fall for he rubbish..same as some bloody player kissing the badge then f.ookin' off to Chelsea the week after....I know it for what it is

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

I think though to many people it's not a case of not going golfing, but other necessities that are more crucial to their lives

Only problem is if they don't go then the truefans come on shouting at them "How many games do you go to?" etc etc

It's not great if you can't afford to go and it's a really recent phenomenon

It's also something that as a fanbase we need to realise, come to terms with and understand how best to deal with it because long term calling those who can't afford to go names, and calling them not proper fans etc isn't going to be a winner for anyone concerned

It's worrying

It's a habit for people though and once they get out of it (forced or not) they don't come back.  Look at the gates for the cup games.  Decent prices but still low crowds (granted Carlisle was played on a cold night in Finland).  But we've seen it time and time again that lower prices don't equate to higher gates.

There is a wider issue in Sheffield it seems.  A significant number of our fans have got out of the habit of going and are happy to spend their time doing other things.

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, g-owls said:

Nottingham Forest have today announced their season ticket prices for next season.

The comparison with ours are shocking. Here's a few examples of Adult prices along with the prices in similar areas at Hillsborough

Trent End and Bridgford Stand Lower £330 -  Kop £455 (£125 more)

Brian Clough Stand £330 -  North Stand £555 (£225 more)

Peter Taylor Stand £435  -  South Stand £640 (£205 more) (South Stand at Hillsborough is far better but not at that price)

As for 18-25's at Hillsborough the cheapest price is on the Kop at £355, the dearest being in the South Stand for £500.

At Forest it's 18-23 - Two years less I hear you say - Indeed so, but an 18-23 year old will pay £100 for a season Ticket at the City Ground in any part of the ground.

Just how much are we being ripped off? It's an absolute joke.

disgusting

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

It's a habit for people though and once they get out of it (forced or not) they don't come back.  Look at the gates for the cup games.  Decent prices but still low crowds (granted Carlisle was played on a cold night in Finland).  But we've seen it time and time again that lower prices don't equate to higher gates.

There is a wider issue in Sheffield it seems.  A significant number of our fans have got out of the habit of going and are happy to spend their time doing other things.

Not just that though

Some fans or families can only afford the odd game so will choose the big ones and not the ones deemed that bad that the prices get reduced for them

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

If they had made a similar offer for the Villa game...full house.....no doubt in my mind..

The cup...??....Football clubs have devalued it for years...it filters down to the fans....

2 minutes ago, sparky74 said:

Go and watch Forest then.

Are you allowed to mention that you had a great holiday in ...say... Bulgaria and the food/ciggies/booze were cheaper..and the weather better than at home.... without being encouraged to go and live there.....by the likes of you?

Proper FFS.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

If they had made a similar offer for the Villa game...full house.....no doubt in my mind..

The cup...??....Football clubs have devalued it for years...it filters down to the fans....

True that

Football clubs play the reserves in the cup so the perception is that the cups are worthless and not valued therefore the fans value it less too

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Matti is actually right...We perceive ourselves as something other than a customer....but the point is..The club don't....

mr Chansiri gives not a flyer if you were present amongst the 8'000 or so rain soaked f.ookers who watched us dip to Oxford in the 70's...You do...obviously...its part of your make up....It means absolutely NOTHING to the club...

I can't understand how some fans can't get their heads around it...

Football has moved on.....

The majority of us are still caught up in the Romance of The Wednesday..I am and make no apologies for it, but I'm not naive enough  to think the club don't take advantage of that...They have little or no understanding of it.

Mr Chansiri will beat the "Wednesday family " drum..He's no idea what that means..really he hasn't...I don't blame him for it....He's bought the club....He has to do what he thinks is right....

But I don't fall for he rubbish..same as some bloody player kissing the badge then f.ookin' off to Chelsea the week after....I know it for what it is

Ding ding ding.  We have a winner.

Simples as that.  It's crap really.  I want to feel part of the club I've spent hours obsessing over.  Buying endless tat and poorly manufactured clobber.  Traipsing up and down the country to Southport and Charlton, Newcastle and Bristol.  I must have spent tens of thousands of pounds on them over the years.  Hell I'm currently doing the maths on a 5 year season ticket and figuring out which organs I can sell on the dark web and how much someone will give me for the carpet in my hall.  But at the end of the day all it will do is pay for another couple of days of Steven Fletcher's wages, or a fraction of an incoming transfer.  It's just another iPhone and the club care no more for me than Apple do.

Just not bothered...

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Are you allowed to mention that you had a great holiday in ...say... Bulgaria and the food/ciggies/booze were cheaper..and the weather better than at home.... without being encouraged to go and live there.....by the likes of you?

Proper FFS.

He's at the top of the apologist league tonight.

Where's Finlux Cup?

• Haha 1