DISGRACEFUL

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The best way to stabilise that particular variable is to improve the performance of the product 

:rolleyes:

One strategy is to concentrate on the regulars, and not so much on the irregular customers. 

This is is potentially what’s happening here. 

21 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

One strategy is to concentrate on the regulars, and not so much on the irregular customers. 

This is is potentially what’s happening here. 

Whilst the pricing of POTG is unfathomable I do totally appreciate what Mr Chansiri attempted in trying to make Sheffield Wednesday games an aspirational purchase like a new Iphone or them shoes that Kanye West makes

lol

Trouble is if the Iphone crashes or the screen leaks acid, or the trainers start falling apart in rain then you're screwed.

If we're going to have an Apple style product on the pitch then the R&D team need to ensure that the delivery is on time, the battery lasts longer than 30 minutes and you can make calls on it

Other than this seasons mess I totally get what Mr Chansiri is attempting to do from his side of things

It's just gutting that so many Owls fans are left unable to afford whilst those who previously were affluent casual supporters can just spaff cash on a season ticket and step past the others who are sat by on the side of the street, holding their weekly pay and looking up at the floodlights beaming down whilst listening to the crowd cheer Nuhiu onto his hat tricks

Owlstalk Shop

Those that can attend aren’t the ones setting the prices. 

DC is setting the prices. 

There should be no bitterness towards anyone on either side of the fence. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's just gutting that so many Owls fans are left unable to afford whilst those who previously were affluent casual supporters can just spaff cash on a season ticket and step past the others

Like this, which sounds a bit bitter.

We’re all equal remember. 

Just now, Kopparberg said:

Those that can attend aren’t the ones setting the prices. 

DC is setting the prices. 

There should be no bitterness towards anyone on either side of the fence. 

Like this, which sounds a bit bitter.

We’re all equal remember. 

Yeah I absolutely didnt' mean it to come across as any kind of an attack - just that the affluent supporters can spend their cash, take their places whilst those who are less well off who have managed to struggle to pay for games in recent times just can't afford the most recent price hikes and have been left without being able to go to something they've always been to and that's an important part of their lives

Owlstalk Shop

I get that some people feel alienated from the club, some of it can be helped but some of it can’t. 

I’m sure 99% of fans want it to be more inclusive to fellow fans - despite the odd weird posts on social media.

There’s only one ‘man with a plan’ though and that’s DC. 

2 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

It tells me that Aitor Karanka has his work cut out for him over the next couple of season!

But that wouldn't tell you why they've dropped their prices (if they actually have) which was what I was obviously getting at.

If all a club has to do is raise ticket prices appreciably in order to be genuinely competitive why don't more clubs do it?

2 hours ago, cowl said:

But that wouldn't tell you why they've dropped their prices (if they actually have) which was what I was obviously getting at.

If all a club has to do is raise ticket prices appreciably in order to be genuinely competitive why don't more clubs do it?

Because it's about way more than that.

Running the club well, bringing in the right manager and players, positive momentum and bringing the supporters with you on the journey are all more important than whacking ticket prices through the roof.

Our Chairman has a lot to learn.

Guest Bulgaria
10 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Are you allowed to mention that you had a great holiday in ...say... Bulgaria and the food/ciggies/booze were cheaper..and the weather better than at home.... without being encouraged to go and live there.....by the likes of you?

Proper FFS.

Heyyy..... you calling me cheap?

Guest Bulgaria
9 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

It's where your money's going though isn't it?

Shovelling £s and£s into a furnace to keep greedy players/agents/coaches/administrators warm....

FFS.

I think thats the main gripe to be honest... its where the money goes that grates people.  If players were earning say a grand a week, no agents were to be seen and there were less than 300 assistants and medical staff on the touchline i think it would pacify fans when it comes to stumping up their dosh.

Which brings me to this..... why is it that when a player gets injured about 67 medical staff are seen hovering around the said player?   and then someone else gives them a drink and then someone else puts a warm coat around em!!   do they have an arse wiper on the books an all?

4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Because it's about way more than that.

Running the club well, bringing in the right manager and players, positive momentum and bringing the supporters with you on the journey are all more important than whacking ticket prices through the roof.

Our Chairman has a lot to learn.

Maybe all the self made Billionaires on here who are not only experts in every aspect of business, but are also the equivalent of Alex Ferguson, Bill Shankly and Pep rolled into one, with regard to matters on the pitch could put him right. (Oh yeah, I forgot, you do).

I’m really surprised none of you were pushing & shoving to throw your accumulated acquired wealth & your expertise into the fray when we were 5 minutes from extinction. 

You’d think that with running & managing a club & team being so straightforward & easy, there would be a tie at the top of the Prem every year!

Wonder when DC has work done at his house he’s telling the Plumbers, Sparkies, Gas Fitters, Joiners etc how it should be done.

• Haha 1