Daniel Pudil

1 hour ago, cowl said:

Pudil at centre back has been pretty convincing all season whenever he's played there.

It's a shame he's lost pace because his deliveries into the box can be decent and as a wing back he might well have been a good option, but as it is now, we've at least got a pretty reliable centre half.

I also think Fox is better suited to being a left-sided centre back in a back three.

Good point and one I agree with.

I’ve been slagging him off for some sub par performances at full back when he was there to provide the width under Carlos’ old system. He hasn’t the legs to play that role anymore.

However, his performances in the middle and left of a back 3 have been brilliant. He has been outstanding for us when he’s played there recently. That is definitely his position.

1 hour ago, swfcjack27 said:

Absolutely superb. Won every header and cleared everything, rate performance and venancio looked good alongside him. Won’t see him at full back again he’s making centre half his own. Solid performance just lack that cutting edge 

Probably the best performance from a Wednesday centre half ive seen for many a year .

10/10 

3 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Looks a proper defender now, never thought he'd make a quality CB but he is.

He's got that tough side and additional bonus of being good on the ball. If he's out of contract this summer then deserves another year for me.

If CB becomes his natural position I wouldn’t let his age put the club off giving him another contract as CBS do far less running than full backs. Also all that experience and maturity will be invaluable as a centre half.

53 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Why does he only do this when he needs a contract? 

He was great on loan. Poor last season, started the season at CB and looked average but has turned it on again now. 

He only does this because you've made something up about him only playing well when he wants a new contract?