Carlos press conference

14 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I've got A level maths, thanks, and I was at the Man U game. (Also at Wembley in 66 and the 93 games).

The big clubs don't even play their first teams in that competition until the semi-final stage.    

Are you aware Swansea City won it in 2013?     Doubt whether anyone outside Swansea (or Bradford who they beat) knows or cares.

The "big clubs" did play their first teams in the earlier rounds of the league cup when we won it in 1991

16 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Witnessed some of the best football in years during his tenure. 

All went wrong in the end, but that's no different to most other managers in the world. 

I find the jealousy / sheer hatred towards him pretty pathetic and, at times, really quite embarrassing. 

I'll always have a soft spot for him, like i do Luggy, Laws, Megson, Jones, Atkinson, and Francis.  But i won't be gushing over him come Saturday.....

Jones? Wtf?

• Thanks 1

20 years have been absolutely skint. Not a rag on our backs or a pot to pass urine into. Squads that have been a mix of ugly loaners, has beens, kids who aren’t good enough, freebies and no hopers. Then all of a sudden we have some money for the first time in literally a lifetime for some of our younger fans and we might as well have done the same as the klf ie taken it all to a Scottish island and set the whole lot on fire. We are back to square one thanks to carlos, the only legacy a bunch of well rewarded hop a longs playing mariokart most days apart from a short phone call to say ‘nope boss still feeling a twinge in the old knee’.

The boos will be off the Richter scale on Saturday .

Regardless of opinion on this bloke, he left us right in it - the football was dire & players were unfit/injured.

Luckily we may now stay up thanks to improvements made by JL.

He's saying nice things because he's coming here on Saturday!!

1st season was great but we missed a huge opportunity at Wembley and against Huddersfield when he should have been removed Imo.

So blow him kisses if you want but look where we currently stand & get behind the current team which is what I'll be doing anyway UTO 

1 hour ago, ramone said:

'I feel like I'm going home' - Shame on you if you have animosity towards this man. 

It would have been very easy for him to sit there and slate our club and be snide towards us. He's spoken about us with a warm heart and with 100% complete respect. 

Lets afford him the same treatment and stay classy fellow Owls

No animosty, just don't give a flying fooook. Wont boo, but like fooook i will 'stand and clap'

32 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Can you explain where he said that?

He should have told the truth.....   'I was managing some dreary Northern team who've won booger all for 83 years, in some ramshackle Yorkshire town. Now I've got a proper team to play with'.

Who was it that turned us into "some dreary Northern team"?

Edited by Pablo Bonvin

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

20 years have been absolutely skint. Not a rag on our backs or a pot to pass urine into. Squads that have been a mix of ugly loaners, has beens, kids who aren’t good enough, freebies and no hopers. Then all of a sudden we have some money for the first time in literally a lifetime for some of our younger fans and we might as well have done the same as the klf ie taken it all to a Scottish island and set the whole lot on fire. We are back to square one thanks to carlos, the only legacy a bunch of well rewarded hop a longs playing mariokart most days apart from a short phone call to say ‘nope boss still feeling a twinge in the old knee’.

The boos will be off the Richter scale on Saturday .

Carvalhal could do a version of the KLFs Its Grim Up North titled Its Grim with Carlos with all his clubs listed although it would probably have to be a 12" version.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Regardless of opinion on this bloke, he left us right in it - the football was dire & players were unfit/injured.

Luckily we may now stay up thanks to improvements made by JL.

He's saying nice things because he's coming here on Saturday!!

1st season was great but we missed a huge opportunity at Wembley and against Huddersfield when he should have been removed Imo.

So blow him kisses if you want but look where we currently stand & get behind the current team which is what I'll be doing anyway UTO 

Agree with most of this but not "He's saying nice things because he's coming here on Saturday!!"

He said nice things about us as soon as he left, long before they were drawn against us.

I believe he is saying nice things because that's the type of person he is.

Not saying he should have stayed, I believe it was past time for him to go, but what ever his failures as a manager he is still basically a nice person.

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

All this nonsense about him being an owl that he is spouting,  it’s disgusting.

i once booed our midfielder Paul McLaren so much in one away game I had to have oxygen at half time. Have already teed up the St. John’s ambulance guys for Saturday. 

Lol, you don't sit on the south stand by any chance do you? I remember sitting there a few times and the guy in front was a huge McLaren fan "Ohhhh McLaren!".... "useless!" and other such things. 

Edited by jomaco

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would love us to beat them but i would rather get 3 points against Millwall in our next league game. Win both of them? now you're talking. As for Carlos i wont boo or clap. Carlos and his meat are no longer on our BBQ, Jos is now the head chef.

I would rather we beat Swansea and lose at Millwall.

Always another league game to get points, we lose Saturday, we are out.

Guest Bulgaria
42 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I've got A level maths, thanks, and I was at the Man U game. (Also at Wembley in 66 and the 93 games).

The big clubs don't even play their first teams in that competition until the semi-final stage.    

Are you aware Swansea City won it in 2013?     Doubt whether anyone outside Swansea (or Bradford who they beat) knows or cares.

I knew.

This is a subject that will continue to attract debate for years to come.

The facts are he has our best two finishes in the Championship this century.Yes, you can argue the To$$ about investment and the greater amount of it he had compared to some of our other managers but he was as close to the Premier League as anyone in the Wednesday Dugout for donkey’s years.

He’s a good Manager, he’ll more than likely keep Swansea up as he’s at his best when he’s the underdog. When expectations rise there that’ll be when he hits a sticky patch as I don’t think he handles pressure well.

This may well be the difference between him and Lukuhay because if Jos gets us in a decent position he seems like the type of character to embrace the pressure and take it in his stride as he’s already shown to a certain extent with the situation he’s inherited here.

I was 1 of the first to call for Carlos head and I don't regret it whatsoever but I'm not going to boo him or anything like that, he had his time here and he's gone now so get over it and move on, put all our energy into supporting our team and it might make the difference and hope he doesn't go back to Wales with a smile on his face 

50 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Tin pot attitude 

I'm not sure who you think you support but we have gone from 3rd division to 1st division and back again twice in my lifetime probably spent more time in 2nd division than any other.

Seems Carlos would have been better not trying than trying and just falling short with the play offs what a pathetic and bitter attitude to have.

Get off to Old Trafford, Anfield or Emirates as there the only teams in my life time to have constant success.

• Thanks 1