Carlos press conference

4 minutes ago, Maxine said:

Instead of booing Carlos we should cheer our team on.  Create of positive atmosphere it Could make a difference. 

Now there is a thought Maxine! I really couldn't give a rats ar8se what the Swansea manger does or does not do. Much more interested in the team and the manger of the team that I support. And it aint Swansea.

13 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Says anything to get people onside

"Ivesupported Swanseasince I started potty training" ,bullshite

Ive just watched his press conference and it seriously made me sick in the mouth .

The guy is two faced and soon as the going gets tough the real Carlos comes out 

His press conference was, as I expected, conducted like the Gentleman he is. 

You're describing EVERYONE in football in your post...

Alexis Sanchez was asked why, after signing for Udinese, Barca, Arsenal and Utd, he'd said it was his dream to play for each of the clubs. He simply answered 'I have a lot of dreams'.

You're very naive if you think that was unique to our former manager. 

Edited by ramone

why did he stop playing the way he did in the 1st season?

now he's gone to swansea & they're playing how we did! Absolutely baffling.

that's all I want to ask him, if we played same way as 15/16, then the following season finished 12th & he got sacked I'd be a big fan og him still, but when you're a boring negative manager who complains about everything, refuse to play certain players, refuse to accept any blame for terrible results & performances you're going to divide fans opinions as football fans have short memories.

I think more of the mess he left us in than the great 15/16 season & that great day out at wembley

11 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Says anything to get people onside

"Ivesupported Swanseasince I started potty training" ,bullshite

Ive just watched his press conference and it seriously made me sick in the mouth .

The guy is two faced and soon as the going gets tough the real Carlos comes out 

Can you explain where he said that?

He should have told the truth.....   'I was managing some dreary Northern team who've won booger all for 83 years, in some ramshackle Yorkshire town. Now I've got a proper team to play with'.

2 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Am I wrong 

Or bottling two playoffs and  leading us to our biggest home derby defeat ever ,classed as success these days

Actually getting to 2 play offs is decent. 

Dont get why people are so bitter, it’s pathetic. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The Prem league media are loving Carlos and his funny little sayings.

These people think it's their duty to erect pedestals for others to stand on, and once there, use them as target practice

No-one's immune, some can deal with it, some can't

The higher the pedestal, the bigger the drop

I think Carlos has the charisma to stick it out longer than most - but then again, he 'only' has to keep Swansea up to succeed

His next post is likely to be the big one, so let's see

... I still wish him well though   :sleep:

3 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Can you explain where he said that?

He should have told the truth.....   'I was managing some dreary Northern team who've won booger all for 83 years, in some ramshackle Yorkshire town. Now I've got a proper team to play with'.

Well I don't know what club your talking about or your maths are shitt but Wednesday won league cup in 1991

Edited by welsOwl74

3 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Am I wrong 

Or bottling two playoffs and  leading us to our biggest home derby defeat ever ,classed as success these days

I am not quite sure but losing to the pigs by two goals at Hillsborough cant have been "our biggest derby home defeat ever" can it? I am not saying it was our finest hour. But really.

The anti CC posters don't, in the main, attend matches except the big occasions.

They probably went to Wembley, the Huddersfield semi and the Blades derby. So they've only seen us play rubbish.

I think Jos is doing a great job with the bare bones he has, but it's not exactly scintillating attacking stuff is it?   Let's have a sense of proportion.

Previous to CC, our most succesful manager was Trevor Francis..... served us as both player and manager...... but he get's dog's abuse on here as well.

Just now, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I am not quite sure but losing to the pigs by two goals at Hillsborough cant have been "our biggest derby home defeat ever" can it? I am not saying it was our finest hour. But really.

Should have said most goals conceded really but still 

Witnessed some of the best football in years during his tenure. 

All went wrong in the end, but that's no different to most other managers in the world. 

I find the jealousy / sheer hatred towards him pretty pathetic and, at times, really quite embarrassing. 

I'll always have a soft spot for him, like i do Luggy, Laws, Megson, Jones, Atkinson, and Francis.  But i won't be gushing over him come Saturday.....

3 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Well I don't know what club your talking about or your maths are shitt but Wednesday won league cup in 1991

I've got A level maths, thanks, and I was at the Man U game. (Also at Wembley in 66 and the 93 games).

The big clubs don't even play their first teams in that competition until the semi-final stage.    

Are you aware Swansea City won it in 2013?     Doubt whether anyone outside Swansea (or Bradford who they beat) knows or cares.

2 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I've got A level maths, thanks, and I was at the Man U game. (Also at Wembley in 66 and the 93 games).

The big clubs don't even play their first teams in that competition until the semi-final stage.    

Are you aware Swansea City won it in 2013?     Doubt whether anyone outside Swansea (or Bradford who they beat) knows or cares.

Like nobody cares about Wednesday finishing 6th and 4th,well except the people who think its a wonderful achievement 

4 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

It certainly isn't.   I've seen us lose at home to them 4-1 in the county cup (when that competition brought in decent crowds).  Also 0-2 in about 1964-5.  Birchenall scored twice.  And of course we lost 7-3 at the Lane in the early 50's.   Our record against the Blades over the last 70 years has been poor.

He had a few flaws which had been lurking and became blindingly obvious from the playoffs last season onward. But notwithstanding that he has given us two play offs and got us very close to going up. The positives outweigh the negatives and I think in time he will be very well remembered.

I think the cup tie has come at a bad time for that as in a season or two he would’ve been given a good reception but it’s all a bit awkward and even a touch bitter currently