Carlos press conference

Just watching his pre match conference now. Some players may be rested as main focus is staying in the PL and that’s their main focus. Still very passionate about us. Still says it feels like home, he loved his time at the club and he’s really looking forward to it. He says he will always be part of the club and it was a special time for him with Sheffield Wednesday. Asked about Joao, who he says is a good player if he keeps his form up, and how we’re an amazing team with full fitness. 

He’s Expecting it it to be emotional for him, proud of what he achieved and understands the fans will be “emotional” come Saturday with his return. Reiterated the point it was the right time as discussed by him and DC to leave when he did.

Despite this season, I still hope he gets the welcome reception he deserves come Saturday. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

'I feel like I'm going home' - Shame on you if you have animosity towards this man. 

It would have been very easy for him to sit there and slate our club and be snide towards us. He's spoken about us with a warm heart and with 100% complete respect. 

Lets afford him the same treatment and stay classy fellow Owls

• Thanks 1

We had some good moments, it had just run its course as eventually almost all managers jobs do - I think it was Nigel Pearson who said something on lines of its's a job where you always eventually fail, so that's why he wouldn't manage Wednesday in his home town.

• Like 1

Just now, jomaco said:

We had some good moments, it had just run its course as eventually almost all managers jobs do - I think it was Nigel Pearson who said something on lines of its's a job where you always eventually fail, so that's why he wouldn't manage Wednesday in his home town.

He did say that. Doesn;t stop 98% of the people on here calling for him to appointed everytime our manager seat is vacant. They always swear blind that he'd take it if offered as well... 

lol

I would love us to beat them but i would rather get 3 points against Millwall in our next league game. Win both of them? now you're talking. As for Carlos i wont boo or clap. Carlos and his meat are no longer on our BBQ, Jos is now the head chef.

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would love us to beat them but i would rather get 3 points against Millwall in our next league game. Win both of them? now you're talking. As for Carlos i wont boo or clap. Carlos and his meat are no longer on our BBQ, Jos is now the head chef.

Talking of BBQ's, where have we heard this before?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43019953

• Haha 1

Im not arsed either way as hes no longer part of our club those who want to clap can do those who don't want to don't its simple

I will say this though for those saying he deserves a warm welcome for the best 2 years out of the last 20, should remember a certain gentleman who came back 4 months after leaving us and got dogs abuse (rightly so I might add) and that was after landing our only major trophy since 1935 and promotion to the top flight in the same season,

and he still loved afterwards

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The Prem league media are loving Carlos and his funny little sayings.

Indeed, they are. And, I think he'll keep them up.

Wait till next season though when they start to struggle and he begins to lose the plot.

They'll have a bloody field day with him.

:carlos:

• Haha 1

Don't feel anything for him (now the anger has passed), he had a good first season with a largely inherited squad. Might be controversial but I hated last season, thought our football was boring, we were poo and league position flattered us. During the course of last season and into this, he has overseen unprecedented investment in the squad devoid of balance or key attributes needed (i.e. pace), which has now pushed us to the limit of FFP meaning we are fizzed for another 3 years. Due to poor conditioning and running them into the ground, broke almost the entire first 11, meaning Jos has had to come in and work with scraps due to the mess left behind. 

His legacy was a nice day out at Wembley, which we bottled and another year and a half spent destroying the squad. On balance, he did more harm than good, in my humble opinion of course and the sooner he leaves after Saturday to go back to Wales, the better. Just another game for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3