Fox and Palmer

Never been a palmer fan, sometimes shows promise then we see his end product go half way into the kop ...hes had his chance for me and we need much much better but hes a back up at best for me.

Fox is just mind boggling, how we thought this lad would be a decent signing is just staggering, charlton fans were all saying he was pretty dire in the league below, totally out of his depth here.

We need a whole new defence and build from there.

Edited by TaxiMark

whats with hunt? does jos clearly not rate him? palmer would struggle to get in most league 1 teams, whats happened to s clare? I would give him ago.  I got a good view yesterday of our full backs ,and the system jos is playing our full backs are very important , play hunt and reach there , or maybe use boyd as a wing back. 

To spend £500K on a league 1 player as backup, is on the face of it seemingly good business. Then you watch him play. He is genuinely awful - totally out of his depth and a liability.

Palmer is like the guy who makes the tea at work - been there forever but no one knows what he does.

So we single out Palmer and Fox? They were all gash. Palmer wasn’t the worst. Joao stepped up a bit and was better, Wildsmith is class. The low ‘misskicks’ We’re him hitting the ball a few inches higher than normal as it was bobbling and didn’t want it to go over his foot. It’s a poor squad at the mo and if Rhodes doesn’t want to force his way into that team then we are in trouble

Playing wingback is tricky at time.

i played there for 2 years at a good standard and the important thing is to get forward. You need to be up and down constantly for 90 minutes. Fox and Palmer aren’t doing this for me. They are getting too preoccupied by being defensive first, which is why we probably haven’t shipped many goals in January. 

Against a decent team of with a winger and attacking fullback you can get run around a bit as it’s easy to attack a wing back. This seems to be happening more of late which makes me think we need to either go back to 4-4-2 or change these two around.

Hunt and Reach are made for this position in the attacking sense and I would give them a start in our next game if keeping this formation. 

Fox is only playing left/wing back because Jos has no alternative at present.

Pudil is needed in central defence because of the absence of Lees, Van Aken and flu victim Loovens.

Reach is needed in central midfield because of the absence of Bannan Lee and Hutchinson plus Butterfield another flu victim.

Continually singling Fox out as scapegoat when there is no alternative will not help the team or him play better.

Palmer on the other side is clearly Jos's choice with Hunt apparently fit again.

It seems Jos prefers to stabilise defence by playing 5 at the back rather than 3-5-2 with proper wing backs.

In that case Palmer is deemed better defensively than Hunt.

With a reasonably fit squad I would fully expect to see 3-5-2 played in attacking fashion with Reach and Hunt playing wing back.

Fox and Palmer as back up until our promising U23's can be introduced.

Please lets leave off the negativity about these two until better is available.It really doesn't help.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Fox is only playing left/wing back because Jos has no alternative at present.

Pudil is needed in central defence because of the absence of Lees, Van Aken and flu victim Loovens.

Reach is needed in central midfield because of the absence of Bannan Lee and Hutchinson plus Butterfield another flu victim.

Continually singling Fox out as scapegoat when there is no alternative will not help the team or him play better.

Palmer on the other side is clearly Jos's choice with Hunt apparently fit again.

It seems Jos prefers to stabilise defence by playing 5 at the back rather than 3-5-2 with proper wing backs.

In that case Palmer is deemed better defensively than Hunt.

With a reasonably fit squad I would fully expect to see 3-5-2 played in attacking fashion with Reach and Hunt playing wing back.

Fox and Palmer as back up until our promising U23's can be introduced.

Please lets leave off the negativity about these two until better is available.It really doesn't help.

Reach could have played wingback yesterday if he'd played Fox at centre half instead of Jones. Fox has done well this season when filling in at centre half.

Jones could have played midfield. 

11 minutes ago, whatdial said:

Playing wingback is tricky at time.

i played there for 2 years at a good standard and the important thing is to get forward. You need to be up and down constantly for 90 minutes. Fox and Palmer aren’t doing this for me. They are getting too preoccupied by being defensive first, which is why we probably haven’t shipped many goals in January. 

Against a decent team of with a winger and attacking fullback you can get run around a bit as it’s easy to attack a wing back. This seems to be happening more of late which makes me think we need to either go back to 4-4-2 or change these two around.

Hunt and Reach are made for this position in the attacking sense and I would give them a start in our next game if keeping this formation. 

Sounds good but who would play in central midfield with Lee Bannan Hutchinson and probably Jones injured yesterday. Butterfield not training due to flu.

44 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Both absolutely terrible...fox is beswetheric in disguise!!

palmer is absolutely steeling a living...possibly the laziest full back I have ever seen. 

I understand the drustration with Fox, but can’t for the life of me understand where you’re coming from with comments like that about Palmer.