Fox and Palmer

17 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

So we single out Palmer and Fox? They were all gash. Palmer wasn’t the worst. Joao stepped up a bit and was better, Wildsmith is class. The low ‘misskicks’ We’re him hitting the ball a few inches higher than normal as it was bobbling and didn’t want it to go over his foot. It’s a poor squad at the mo and if Rhodes doesn’t want to force his way into that team then we are in trouble

They need singling out...it’s a team game but individuals need to perform as well. 

Palmer is so lazy its infuriating!! Strolls around like he’s not got a care that j the world...his distribution from the back is poor and his crossing is terrible. 

Fox...no words can describe how bad he is!! I’m sure there are some young lads in the U23’s who would show more desire, effort and ability.

1 minute ago, Pompeyowl said:

I understand the drustration with Fox, but can’t for the life of me understand where you’re coming from with comments like that about Palmer. 

Mate you must be joking and on the wind up!! Palmer is the laziest full back I have ever seen...just watch the highlights of the Birmingham game and watch Palmer he strolls through a game with the odd burst forward. 

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Mate you must be joking and on the wind up!! Palmer is the laziest full back I have ever seen...just watch the highlights of the Birmingham game and watch Palmer he strolls through a game with the odd burst forward. 

The odd burst forward?! A lot of our attach goes through him!

6 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Reach could have played wingback yesterday if he'd played Fox at centre half instead of Jones. Fox has done well this season when filling in at centre half.

Jones could have played midfield. 

I thought the concensus was that Fox was the worst player on the pitch.

So the cure for this is to play him out of position where he filled in just once for part of a game.

• Haha 1

I think Palmer gives 100% but has limited ability in attacking sense. Fox is terrible. I know someone who has strong links to Charlton and I will sum up the txt he sent me when we signed him “haaa haaa haaa haaa haaaa ” .His signing is symptomatic of the DC CC regime and is why we are in the bottom half of the league.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Worst full backs in the division.

Opposition teams target them both, as they know they are weak.

Had 3 years to address the issue, and we haven't.

Bizarre.

Same can be said for a powerful midfielder, replacement for Loovens , pace out wide . As I said previously it’s all symptomatic of Carlos’ reign and why we are in the poo now 

I think some forget Palmer started out as a midfielder but at the same time he probably wasn’t good enough to make it as one here so ended up being converted as a right back where he’s done ok but nothing spectacular. 

Fox looks more like a centre-back to me. He doesn’t look comfortable at all as an orthodox full-back or a wing-back.

Hunt is better going forward than defensively but hasn’t been anywhere as productive as he has been elsewhere. For instance he had countless assists at Huddersfield but a fraction of that here.

Full-backs are where we need fresh options but this won’t be until the Summer at the earliest unfortunately.

In the short-term we have what we have. I don’t think Reach is the long term answer at Left-back/wing-back either.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

1 hour ago, torres said:

Fox stood out yesterday amongst 2 terrible teams as by far the worst footballer on the pitch 

Nothing more needs to be said 

1 hour ago, Drewswfc said:

Palmer was half decent yesterday where as fox is like 14 year old playing in a men's team 

Totally agree with both. Fox just does not know what to do, completely incompetent fraud of a player. Must be removed. Incredibly ridiculous acquisition just simply mind blowing. Wtf??

Penney on loan at Mansfield...again wtf is going on??

And breathe...

8 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think some forget Palmer started out as a midfielder but at the same time he probably wasn’t good enough to make it as one here so ended up being converted as a right back where he’s done ok but nothing spectacular. 

Fox looks more like a centre-back to me. He doesn’t look comfortable at all as an orthodox full-back or a wing-back.

Hunt is better going forward than defensively but hasn’t been anywhere as productive as he has been elsewhere. For instance he had countless assists at Huddersfield but a fraction of that here.

Full-backs are where we need fresh options but this won’t be until the Summer at the earliest unfortunately.

In the short-term we have what we have. I don’t think Reach is the long term answer at Left-back/wing-back either.

Mel Sterland started out as a centre forward & was converted to fullback by Big Jack.He is a wednesdayite & always gave 100%.Whats Liam Palmers excuse?

37 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Fox is only playing left/wing back because Jos has no alternative at present.

Pudil is needed in central defence because of the absence of Lees, Van Aken and flu victim Loovens.

Reach is needed in central midfield because of the absence of Bannan Lee and Hutchinson plus Butterfield another flu victim.

Continually singling Fox out as scapegoat when there is no alternative will not help the team or him play better.

Palmer on the other side is clearly Jos's choice with Hunt apparently fit again.

It seems Jos prefers to stabilise defence by playing 5 at the back rather than 3-5-2 with proper wing backs.

In that case Palmer is deemed better defensively than Hunt.

With a reasonably fit squad I would fully expect to see 3-5-2 played in attacking fashion with Reach and Hunt playing wing back.

Fox and Palmer as back up until our promising U23's can be introduced.

Please lets leave off the negativity about these two until better is available.It really doesn't help.

Excellent post!

Guest Hillsborough Mole
38 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I thought the concensus was that Fox was the worst player on the pitch.

So the cure for this is to play him out of position where he filled in just once for part of a game.

That would be an excellent point.

If he hadn't played 2 more games there directly after

35 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Having watched Tarn's goal yesterday, Palmer was definitely at fault. As a full back in a defensive situation, he can't leave a gap between him and the CB big enough to drive a bus through. If he closes that gap, instead of staring at the ball, he would at least be able to get a challenge in, and maybe prevent the goal. If he doesn't do that instinctively now, he never will I'm afraid.

I can't understand the hate for Palmer if I'm honest.  He's not the best player I've seen but no way is he the worst and he's Shown good improvement this season IMO. Fox isn't the greatest but the lad is having a go at the job. 

What our "Football/Championship Manager" fans ought to consider is the scarcity of fullbacks possessing real quality - Man City spent over 100 million on three last summer;  Man Utd are having to play two converted midfielders as their fullbacks; Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are constantly rolling the dice to find quality fullbacks. 

My my point here is that not many teams find and keep hold of good fullbacks - they're like rocking horse 5h1t.  Would we have been able to have recruited Pudil in his prime? I don't think so. 

Lets lay off Palmer and Fox FFS! Let's give them our support. 

Edited by shandypants