Pelupessy

Dont wanna slag the lad off when hes just come into a bad situation in a foreign country etc...but surely people cannot think hes played well in ANY game yet? Boro away I would maybe say he was steady.

Im struggling to see what he is supposed to be - A defensive midfielder? Hes about as strong as petter rudi and has pulled out of more tackles than even Reach has! An attacking midfielder? Erm... A ball player? Erm...i dont think hes played a ball further than about 10 yards.

I hope im wrong but at the moment the games just passing him by...I honestly expected him to be a strong little rascal who was all over putting 100% in and throwing himself into tackles - in fact is there anyone like that in the under 23s cus we are crying out for one

We have 3 fit CMs.

Jones

Joey

Butters

Personally I like Jones. With everyone fit he would be in my midfield 3 alongside Bannan and Lee, and in a midfield 2 he would be my third choice.

But I think Butters has lost whatever he had a few seasons ago, and Joey looks nowhere near this level yet. He has time though, and will look better alongside better players.

FFS stop crucifying the man, he’s just moved country and teams and climates and time zones and languages and football grounds he needs about 3 or 4 years to settle in before we can judge anything at all about him.

What a joke you all are anyway I thought he played well today 7/10 for me. 

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Before crucifying the guy give him a chance FFS. 

He could not have come in at a worse time with all players missing. There were ten other players out there that were equally poor. 

A new record for Owlstalk, scapegoat after 2 matches

That's  not the Wednesday way though.

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

FFS stop crucifying the man, he’s just moved country and teams and climates and time zones and languages and football grounds he needs about 3 or 4 years to settle in before we can judge anything at all about him.

What a joke you all are anyway I thought he played well today 7/10 for me. 

climate and time zones?? He's not Venezuelan.

Dave Jones has been a figure of ridicule and criticism for a large section of the fans this season (not from me, by the way).

Well, we've manage to bring in a player not fit to lace Jones' boots.

I'm writing the kid off at all, but, based on performances so far, he's got A LOT of improving to do.

I genuinely do not know what his strengths are. If anybody does, please feel free to let me know.

He's absolutely awful on the ball. Dwells on it too long, gets caught in possession, little awareness of who or what is around him.

He's not a passer. Doesn't attempt probing balls or long range passes. Very negative in his passing...either backwards or sideways.

He doesn't look like he's a tackler. I've yet to see him put in a tackle where I've thought he's really meant that, like you do when Hutchinson goes in for one.

And he doesn't get about like a Kieran Lee does. Doesn't press or harry particularly well, and is hardly a box to box player.

He's going to get plenty of games this season to improve...but based upon his first 3 or 4 appearances...he needs to shape up, and quickly. We cannot afford to be carrying players in our current situation. 

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Hes not though

its a debate about how well a player played

hes been rushed into a struggling side in a league in a different country that’s a million miles more frantic on the pitch

Owlstalk isn’t scapegoating him at all

lets not start with the labelling 

ta

Wasn't aimed at the poster, it was about some of the posts after, and having read the thread further I stick by my original statement. 

Maybe a little hasty with the scapegoat part. 

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, Beholder said:

See you have joined the ranks of the fan blamers ready to leap on anyone who gives their honest opinion. 

Like we need another one on here ffs. 

Not a fan blamer, just cannot understand the level of criticism for a guy who has played 2 games. 

I am entitled to my honest opinion same as everybody else even if upsets certain sections. 

He's breathing, he's got 2 legs that work, that's enough to get him a start at present.

Give him time, in 6 months he'll be a different class. A lot of posters wanted younger players with potential, he fits the bill, now all we need to do is give him a bit of support.

1 player can't change a team ethic sometimes if a team is collectively playing poorly then it can have an effect of dragging that player down to the teams level ,Iam not saying that is the case but it may be a possibility , the only way we will be able to rightfully judge pollupessi is when we have a  first team of our better players out 

there and playing together giving 100 %

Edited by trevdi9

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

He's breathing, he's got 2 legs that work, that's enough to get him a start at present.

Give him time, in 6 months he'll be a different class. A lot of posters wanted younger players with potential, he fits the bill, now all we need to do is give him a bit of support.

2 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

1 player can't change a team ethic sometimes if a team is collectively playing poorly then it can have an effect of dragging that player down to the teams level ,Iam not saying that is the case but it may be a possibility , the only way we will be able to rightfully judge pollupessi is when we have a  first team of our better players out 

there and playing together giving 100 %

Agree with both posts.  

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

He's going to get plenty of games this season to improve...but based upon his first 3 or 4 appearances...he needs to shape up, and quickly. We cannot afford to be carrying players in our current situation. 

If Pelupessy is to make it with us in this league, the crazy number of injuries we're having will be the only reason for it as daft as it sounds.

There's no way he'd be given the run he'll probably get otherwise.

Having said that, Jones had two very good games for us under Jos against United and Cardiff and was perhaps unfairly dropped for Pelupessy anyway, so even if the injury situations remains as it is, there'd already an argument that Jones should be playing in his place.

I'm really not sure what anyone was truly expecting from the signing of Pelupessy. He's probably a bench player when we have a fully fit squad. Only problem is, he's joined during an injury crisis and poor run of form. Not only has he got to acclimatise to a new club and country but he's straight in at the deep end. He's a deep midfielder so isn't going to light up too many games in truth. People are only focussing on him because he's new and he's not standing out any differently to anyone else on the pitch.