#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

4 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

We have enquired about Marc Roberts from Birmgham. 

If true he is the TYPE of centre half we need based on the few times i have seen him...........big, strong, no nonsense, just haven`t  seen enough of him personally to make a proper judgement.

25 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

If true he is the TYPE of centre half we need based on the few times i have seen him...........big, strong, no nonsense, just haven`t  seen enough of him personally to make a proper judgement.

Eh, you've seen him a few times to come to the conclusion we need him, but haven't seen enough to come to a proper judgement.......... :biggrin:

(jokin obviously) 

Edited by DELUDED OWL

11 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Millwall signing Murray Wallace from Scunthorpe, will probably be a decent signing for them. 

Always thought he was bang average,he's also slower than Glen Loovens.

Statement of the obvious but the first requirement of a centre half is that they can defend, especially in the penalty box.

Van Aken has looked extremely suspect at this, whereas Roberts has always looked solid when I have watched him.

Just hope Van Aken has been working on his body strength and Jos gets him playing with a bit of confidence 

1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Eh, you've seen him a few times to come to the conclusion we need him, but haven't seen enough to come to a proper judgement.......... :biggrin:

(jokin obviously) 

Ha Ha yeah........................i thought Stevie May was good after seeing him A FEW TIMES !!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Thing is we don't have the money now

Think we do just not allowed to spend it. Funny that prem teams can spend 90m on one player but don’t let them championship boys spend too much. Wonder why that is?

5 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Think we do just not allowed to spend it. Funny that prem teams can spend 90m on one player but don’t let them championship boys spend too much. Wonder why that is?

My view is the premier league would love a closed shop with no promotion or relegation. Its already like a cartel trying to protect its own with the parachute payments which make it impossible for three quarters of the championship clubs to compete for promotion to the prem. 

• Like 1

Shoot me down for this if you want but speaking to my work colleague who is also Wednesday through and through.

Regarding raising funds if its possible to start a go fund me page or similar to raise funds from FANS and fans alone eg £10/fan no more no less. Once collected hand it straight over to Chansiri to go fetch Venancio and Max Clark obvs we would need 20000 fans at £10 to raise 2mill. 

Im not sure on tax imolications but think of the media coverage alone and it would be a great way to reiterate our dedication back to our Chairman who in due course will show us as fans much more back.

Not taking the mick deay serious cant we get this sorted???

1 minute ago, JaddyOwl said:

Shoot me down for this if you want but speaking to my work colleague who is also Wednesday through and through.

Regarding raising funds if its possible to start a go fund me page or similar to raise funds from FANS and fans alone eg £10/fan no more no less. Once collected hand it straight over to Chansiri to go fetch Venancio and Max Clark obvs we would need 20000 fans at £10 to raise 2mill. 

Im not sure on tax imolications but think of the media coverage alone and it would be a great way to reiterate our dedication back to our Chairman who in due course will show us as fans much more back.

Erm

4 minutes ago, JaddyOwl said:

Pretty sure that to raise £2m, we would need 200,000 fans to put in £10......

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, JaddyOwl said:

Maths not your strong point then.