#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

On 20/05/2018 at 16:34, Watson said:

Will be very surprised if we sign more than one or two players in this window and if we do then will probably be youngsters.  We will be going with what we have in my opinion.  If we get everyone fit we should be able to mount a serious attempt at a top six place.

This thread is going to be threadbare, I feel.  

Absolutely and there is no fire sale just Agents winding everyone up

1 minute ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Other than the kids, all the first team will be on more than 20grand a week.

If the likes of Liam Palmer and Morgan Fox are both on more than 20 grand a week. We would be in worse trouble than Villa believe me.

50 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

But that infers their clients are unhappy and after a move away.

Not good for team morale. More likely, club trying to get an auction going.

You think it’s more likely that a club aiming for promotion is initiating an auction for it’s top players than agents or press creating wind up stories in the close season, just like they do every close season?  Or is this just you creating wind up stories for attention in the same way?  

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If the likes of Liam Palmer and Morgan Fox are both on more than 20 grand a week. We would be in worse trouble than Villa believe me.

True, but it's reasonable to suppose that Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Lee, Bannan, Reach, Wallace, Boyd, Loovens, Forestieri, Fletcher, Abdi, Hooper, Rhodes, Winnall, Nuhiu, Jones, Butterfield were all on that.

5 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

True, but it's reasonable to suppose that Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Lee, Bannan, Reach, Wallace, Boyd, Loovens, Forestieri, Fletcher, Abdi, Hooper, Rhodes, Winnall, Nuhiu, Jones, Butterfield were all on that.

Would Question Nuhiu, Loovens ,Jones and maybe Wallace.

Would be surprised if on more than 20 grand a week.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Would Question Nuhiu, Loovens ,Jones and maybe Wallace.

Would be surprised if on more than 20 grand a week.

If Nuhiu is its only recently surely. We signed him in our skint days and can’t imagine up until recently we broke the bank to keep him? 

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

But that infers their clients are unhappy and after a move away.

Not good for team morale. More likely, club trying to get an auction going.

Or other clubs seeking our players

5 hours ago, cookeh said:

Be surprised if he wasn't far off. Can down from being a 1st choice in the Prem, on a free.

both of those things suggest we'd be paying a fair old whack in wages.

You’re on the right track. He’s on BIG :ph34r: wages....met a Very good acquaintance of his on holiday last Summer and me and my lad couldn’t believe it.....

18 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

You’re on the right track. He’s on BIG :ph34r: wages....met a Very good acquaintance of his on holiday last Summer and me and my lad couldn’t believe it.....

Easily pleased your lad ?,meeting an acquaintance of a footballer.:rolleyes:

The fire sale could be true or it could well be a myth.

It's only fair for Jos to be given the chance to bring in some of his own players but to do this it may just be that he has to sell first. Doing so both eases the books and also allows the manager to mould the team the way he likes. The whole fire sale thing is journalists trying to maximise sales.

3 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

The fire sale could be true or it could well be a myth.

It's only fair for Jos to be given the chance to bring in some of his own players but to do this it may just be that he has to sell first. Doing so both eases the books and also allows the manager to mould the team the way he likes. The whole fire sale thing is journalists trying to maximise sales.

It's obviously a myth innit started by porkers to try and upset us. I'm not saying there won't be changes be we'll keep our best players unless someone offers really stupid money 

Any fire sale of our better players, could see us implode A situation where we have to sell our star players, just to pay for the unnecessary crap we might be stuck with, would surely result in fans losing trust in our owner He would also find it difficult to justify our sky high ticket pricing

Jos too, although blameless in this, would always be seen as the manager who sold our best players

Then there would be those players, whom we can’t shift, but whose arrival has put us in this position How will fans react to having them still around 

If there is to be a fire sale, Hillsborough won’t be a happy place, and the vitriol against those seen as being responsible, will know no bounds