#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

50 minutes ago, Guesswhosback said:

We need some black players we haven’t hardly any 4-5 black players and we will be up there. 

Probably one of the daftest things I've read on here.

And I've read some daft stuff.

FFS.

8 hours ago, room0035 said:

What do you think of Aristote Nsiala saw him for Shrewsbury against Rotherham looked a decent player, good age in 26, 6ft 4", seem to have two good feet and a bit of pace about him and hopefully would not cost the world. I know he is league 1 but we need to widen our search to find players we can improve but get in at the right price.

He'd likely be cheap as Shrewsbury don't have much in the way of financial clout, and the players lack much of an incentive to stay seeing as they're not going up and their manager is almost certainly off. So he'd be good value and he's quite the powerhouse, which is always a plus.

My biggest (entirely arbitrary) caveat as that I saw him in person for Hartlepool last season and he was utterly woeful, Cambridge smashed 5 past the defence he was supposed to be the fulcrum of. I can't pretend I've watched him since he moved in anything more than brief highlight packages, so I can only say that I hope Hurst has brought him on as a player since then, which given the job he's done would be entirely possible.

Nsiala looks decent on the ball and fairly strong. It’s what he’s like in defensive situations and organising that is important. That’s why I had suggested Bradley at Plymouth as he has the experience of being a senior player at a team that has done ok in recent years. Both would be a gamble but sometimes it’s worth taking them if the risks aren’t huge.

6 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Not Wednesday related but Brighton have had a 2m bid for Paddy McNair rejected. Would have been a decent option for us but can’t see us paying any more that for any player this summer 

Probably shows the intent of their new owners. Honeyman seemed a key target for us before they came in.

9 hours ago, room0035 said:

What do you think of Aristote Nsiala saw him for Shrewsbury against Rotherham looked a decent player, good age in 26, 6ft 4", seem to have two good feet and a bit of pace about him and hopefully would not cost the world. I know he is league 1 but we need to widen our search to find players we can improve but get in at the right price.

Think if Hurst goes to Ipswich he'd probably end up there.

We should be keeping an eye on the Pontus Jansson situation at Leeds, if we have any cash.  Although I'm sure he'll move somewhere if he has a good world cup..

Going on what he's saying in the Swedish press, he's doesn't seem 100% happy...

Jansson, who signed a five-year deal at the club last October, revealed that he would like to see changes following a disappointing year. "Yes, I hope so," Jansson told Swedish paper Expressen about the need for change at Leeds. "As we have seen this year, things have to happen. It was really bad both on and off the pitch. Leeds wants to go up to the Premier League, that's how the club goes out and talks, and then there are changes. "We came in the lower half of the second part of the season and it's not good at all." Asked if the difficult end to the campaign with the Whites had altered his confidence heading into the World Cup with Sweden Jansson replied: "No, but it's been a messy season.

"Changes in the team were stricter [in the] second half of the season with more training, which is not a problem for me, but [it was] incredibly messy and a big disappointment."
When asked about his future at Elland Road he replied: "I have not thought anything. We take everything after the World Cup."

59 minutes ago, Rogers said:

We should be keeping an eye on the Pontus Jansson situation at Leeds, if we have any cash.  Although I'm sure he'll move somewhere if he has a good world cup..

Going on what he's saying in the Swedish press, he's doesn't seem 100% happy...

Jansson, who signed a five-year deal at the club last October, revealed that he would like to see changes following a disappointing year. "Yes, I hope so," Jansson told Swedish paper Expressen about the need for change at Leeds. "As we have seen this year, things have to happen. It was really bad both on and off the pitch. Leeds wants to go up to the Premier League, that's how the club goes out and talks, and then there are changes. "We came in the lower half of the second part of the season and it's not good at all." Asked if the difficult end to the campaign with the Whites had altered his confidence heading into the World Cup with Sweden Jansson replied: "No, but it's been a messy season.

"Changes in the team were stricter [in the] second half of the season with more training, which is not a problem for me, but [it was] incredibly messy and a big disappointment."
When asked about his future at Elland Road he replied: "I have not thought anything. We take everything after the World Cup."

I imagine he'd be looking for a move to the Premiership although personally, I feel he's vastly overrated. Bartley was the rock in the season Jansson received all the plaudits. Whenever he plays against someone with strength he struggles. We saw that at Elland Road when Nuhiu schooled him. 

17 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

I imagine he'd be looking for a move to the Premiership although personally, I feel he's vastly overrated. Bartley was the rock in the season Jansson received all the plaudits. Whenever he plays against someone with strength he struggles. We saw that at Elland Road when Nuhiu schooled him. 

I think it was Pennington that got smashed by Nuhiu 

56 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Overrated I agree, looks poor without a very good side kick. Crumbles when tested . No thanks  and not st the price/ wages. Godson from Brighton may be a better option st £3m if we are going for a centre half and spending monry