#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, swfcGibbo said:

I imagine he'd be looking for a move to the Premiership although personally, I feel he's vastly overrated. Bartley was the rock in the season Jansson received all the plaudits. Whenever he plays against someone with strength he struggles. We saw that at Elland Road when Nuhiu schooled him. 

To say he's vastly overrated is a bit harsh.

Bartley and Jansson brought the best out of each other and were a very good pairing at this level. Whereas this season, Jansson has had to play with at least four different partners at centre half and none of them good enough for the Championship really. Plus a non commanding, calamity keeper behind him followed by a rookie GK (who did ok, though). No wonder he's looked out of sorts, he's been carrying the whole back five.

He's a top quality Championship defender and maybe lower end PL, no doubt about it. 

4 hours ago, Rogers said:

Going on what he's saying in the Swedish press, he's doesn't seem 100% happy...

Jansson, who signed a five-year deal at the club last October, revealed that he would like to see changes following a disappointing year. "Yes, I hope so," Jansson told Swedish paper Expressen about the need for change at Leeds. "As we have seen this year, things have to happen. It was really bad both on and off the pitch. Leeds wants to go up to the Premier League, that's how the club goes out and talks, and then there are changes. "We came in the lower half of the second part of the season and it's not good at all." Asked if the difficult end to the campaign with the Whites had altered his confidence heading into the World Cup with Sweden Jansson replied: "No, but it's been a messy season.

"Changes in the team were stricter [in the] second half of the season with more training, which is not a problem for me, but [it was] incredibly messy and a big disappointment."
When asked about his future at Elland Road he replied: "I have not thought anything. We take everything after the World Cup."

The majority of this interview is interchangeable with our situation this season... this coupled with the price tag Leeds can demand for him means I can't see it as anything other than wishful thinking

4 hours ago, Rogers said:

We should be keeping an eye on the Pontus Jansson situation at Leeds, if we have any cash.  Although I'm sure he'll move somewhere if he has a good world cup..

Going on what he's saying in the Swedish press, he's doesn't seem 100% happy...

Jansson, who signed a five-year deal at the club last October, revealed that he would like to see changes following a disappointing year. "Yes, I hope so," Jansson told Swedish paper Expressen about the need for change at Leeds. "As we have seen this year, things have to happen. It was really bad both on and off the pitch. Leeds wants to go up to the Premier League, that's how the club goes out and talks, and then there are changes. "We came in the lower half of the second part of the season and it's not good at all." Asked if the difficult end to the campaign with the Whites had altered his confidence heading into the World Cup with Sweden Jansson replied: "No, but it's been a messy season.

"Changes in the team were stricter [in the] second half of the season with more training, which is not a problem for me, but [it was] incredibly messy and a big disappointment."
When asked about his future at Elland Road he replied: "I have not thought anything. We take everything after the World Cup."

Problem is we had an even worse year (marginally).

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, swfcGibbo said:

I imagine he'd be looking for a move to the Premiership although personally, I feel he's vastly overrated. Bartley was the rock in the season Jansson received all the plaudits. Whenever he plays against someone with strength he struggles. We saw that at Elland Road when Nuhiu schooled him. 

Technically Nuhiu schooled the young lad on loan from Everton playing next to Pontus but I get your point!

12 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Think if Hurst goes to Ipswich he'd probably end up there.

I know so good enough for Ipswich would he be good enough for us, I have only seen him in the play off final against Rotherham and look good on the ball and had a turn of pace and at 6ft 4" he is bigger than what we currently have. 

Probably a none starter but is maybe a cheaper option to others mentioned.

If we are looking at loans from prem under 23 sides, I hope it’s players like Charles Musonda (AM/W) from Chelsea and Toisin Adarabioyo (CB) from Man City. 

They may be out of our range, but I think we’re now in a positive position in persuading young players to come and get games at a big club/stadium, with how Jos has managed the club so far.

6 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

If we are looking at loans from prem under 23 sides, I hope it’s players like Charles Musonda (AM/W) from Chelsea and Toisin Adarabioyo (CB) from Man City. 

They may be out of our range, but I think we’re now in a positive position in persuading young players to come and get games at a big club/stadium, with how Jos has managed the club so far.

We are still on Chelsea's blacklist after last loan shambles from them.

On 29/05/2018 at 09:15, room0035 said:

We need Venancio in with Pudil, Lees, Thorniley, Van Aken and if need one from the youth teams should have adequate cover with hutch also being able to play there. If Hutch is not going to be returning them maybe look at a young premiership loan but on reasonable wages. This is if we are playing 3 at the back if only a 2 then no need for another body.

Need a new left back, Garbutt would be reasonably priced and looking to prove he is good enough, if we have more money to spend or fund made available then maybe look at Henry (Brentford), Taylor (Burnley) or Cunningham (Preston)

Need a consistent and fit right back Gunter (Reading), Jones (Sunderland), Christie (Fulham) - all reasonable priced and the latter two may be surplus for differing reason.

Obviously if any are sold then replace

Offload Hunt (too injury prone), Palmer (not good enough), Fox (not good enough)  - Young Baker can act as Back up at Right back when needed.

Not that Burnley would be planning to sell Taylor, but have the Owls got at least the £6 million he cost from Leeds? Taylor started 10 games last season for a top-half Premier team so his value will have increased quite a bit.

Edited by ReluctantNicko

4 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Not that Burnley would be planning to sell Taylor, but have the Owls got at least the £6 million he cost from Leeds? Taylor started 10 games last season for a top-half Premier team so his value will have increased quite a bit.

Thats why I said if we have money to spend he would be a good signing and a big improvement on what we have, only playing 10 games out of a possible 38 maybe there might be a loan chance there? 

43 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

We are still on Chelsea's blacklist after last loan shambles from them.

So still on a blacklist (if we ever were) with a complete new ownership/management team to when we last dealt with them ...... yeah ok

We’ve not had much luck with Chelsea’s younger players

Jimmy Smith was crap (and he did end up playing in the lower league), Leon knight (same), Lewis Baker (lasted a month).

Cant’t remember any other top club lending is a player. 

22 minutes ago, Rogers said:

We’ve not had much luck with Chelsea’s younger players

Jimmy Smith was crap (and he did end up playing in the lower league), Leon knight (same), Lewis Baker (lasted a month).

Cant’t remember any other top club lending is a player. 

Chelsea Sam Hutchinson, Everton Ross Barkley, Ian Tunrer, Liverpool Brad Jones - to name a few we have had in the past.