#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

11 hours ago, rawowl said:

The last place we need to strengthen is up top.

Currently, yes, but if we can unload some of the dead wood (unlikely) then maybe a quick young Premier League striker on loan Someone who can change things from the bench

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Currently, yes, but if we can unload some of the dead wood (unlikely) then maybe a quick young Premier League striker on loan Someone who can change things from the bench

I actually think that striker could be Lucas Joao.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rawowl said:

The last place we need to strengthen is up top.

You could be right, yes. Thing is, JL has inherited his strikeforce and could well have an ideal player in mind who fits the mould of his own playing style. If that's the case then I'll back him, providing we can offload 1 or 2 the other way.

Also timing-wise doesn't always mean we can sign players we want when we want so don't be alarmed if the first Summer signing is a striker, we all know the areas that need strengthening elsewhere too and I'm sure Jos does too as he seems pretty clued up. 

54 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Summer wish list

Sam Byram - loan 

Fred - 800k

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - hopeful!

Powerful central midfielder

8 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

This is the type of player I’m hoping we can sign. Basically a player under 25 with potential to be a star in the championship.

I can't see a player with 10+ appearances in Europe being anything other than one of the best players in the league... and I also can't see him coming to us lol 

57 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I can't see a player with 10+ appearances in Europe being anything other than one of the best players in the league... and I also can't see him coming to us lol 

No obviously that specific player is unlikely as he’s been linked to Everton but I just mean I hope we can sign young players who are looking to progress their career and see playing for a big club like Wednesday in the championship as a good place to do it, even if they just see us a stepping stone to then playing for the mighty AZ Alkmaar. 

Brighton managed to get knockaert from standard Liège who are a big club in Belgium and challenge for European football, and I guess it was the promise of regular first team football and a decent wage that swayed him.  I hope we can find young players in similar situations. 

Jos said that he wants to sign players who want to progress their career at the same time as helping us progress, I just hope that’s the type of player we are able to attract this summer, to add to our existing crop of young players 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Totally agree with this.  If we can offload Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall, I’d love to get Oli McBurnie.

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

No obviously that specific player is unlikely as he’s been linked to Everton but I just mean I hope we can sign young players who are looking to progress their career and see playing for a big club like Wednesday in the championship as a good place to do it, even if they just see us a stepping stone to then playing for the mighty AZ Alkmaar. 

Brighton managed to get knockaert from standard Liège who are a big club in Belgium and challenge for European football, and I guess it was the promise of regular first team football and a decent wage that swayed him.  I hope we can find young players in similar situations. 

Jos said that he wants to sign players who want to progress their career at the same time as helping us progress, I just hope that’s the type of player we are able to attract this summer, to add to our existing crop of young players 

They promised him a big fast car that he could drive like a total d1ckhead.

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

They promised him a big fast car that he could drive like a total d1ckhead.

lol

He is a total d1ckhead. Everything he does smacks of been a d1ckhead. Arguably the biggest bell end in the game today. The only way to refer to him is 

Kockaert. The player that turned being a “kock” into an “Aert” form. 

Edited by Sticky belly
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

He is a total d1ckhead. Everything he does smacks of been a d1ckhead. Arguably the biggest bell end in the game today. The only way to refer to him is 

Kockaert. The player that turned being a “kock” into an “Aert” form. 

Ye, no doubt he’s a reyt pumper! Quite apt he’s known as Knock1aert!

• Haha 1