#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Guest Arcadianrocket

One to keep an eye on. Adam Maher. Spotted in Sheffield yesterday evening so could be signing for one of the clubs around here.

51 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

One to keep an eye on. Adam Maher. Spotted in Sheffield yesterday evening so could be signing for one of the clubs around here.

Is he one of the Maher's from Grimesthorpe Rd?  Think they're all Blades.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arcadianrocket said:

just googled him as ive no idea who he is. come through the dutch nationall team at all levels so you would guess jos knows him well.

Came across this piece with Adam Maher from a few days ago. Translated from Dutch hence the dodgy language!

Adam Maher has no interest in complaining, clubs from several fine leagues around the Eredivisie to whistle to his services. In an extensive interview with Voetbal International, the 24-year-old midfielder looks back at his time at PSV and the relegation with FC Twente, but he also looks ahead. Maher discusses, among other things, the last five seasons - the years after his departure from AZ - which have by no means gone flawlessly. 'I could have done more, it seems clear to me that I would have preferred to see it differently. In the last years I have experienced beautiful, but also bad and difficult things. These are all experiences that I can take to the future. ' That future is probably outside the Netherlands. Clubs in the countries around us have not forgotten Maher, he says himself. 'Certainly not. I prefer to get started in a nice competition in Western Europe. There is also interest enough, from England, France and Belgium for example. But Spain and Germany are also beautiful countries. It is now up to me to make the right choice. ' Maher knows that the choice he makes this summer is crucial for his future. He has to show it, the ball is to himself. 'I am transfer free. In addition, I have played almost everything for six months, so I am top fit. The obstacles are gone, there are no more excuses. It comes to me. Or that gives pressure? No, on the contrary. It's time to take revenge on myself. People can expect that from me, I demand it from myself. '

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Immense on FIFA 15 lol makes bannan look like Andre the giant tho

41 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Came across this piece with Adam Maher from a few days ago. Translated from Dutch hence the dodgy language!

... In addition, I have played almost everything for six months, so I am top fit. The obstacles are gone, there are no more excuses. It comes to me. Or that gives pressure? No, on the contrary. It's time to take revenge on myself. People can expect that from me, I demand it from myself. '

FFS, we've got enough injuries in the squad without someone adding some bizarre self-flagellation habits to the mix

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Adam Maher has no interest in complaining, clubs from several fine leagues around the Eredivisie to whistle to his services. In an extensive interview with Voetbal International, the 24-year-old midfielder looks back at his time at PSV and the relegation with FC Twente, but he also looks ahead. Maher discusses, among other things, the last five seasons - the years after his departure from AZ - which have by no means gone flawlessly. 'I could have done more, it seems clear to me that I would have preferred to see it differently. In the last years I have experienced beautiful, but also bad and difficult things. These are all experiences that I can take to the future. ' That future is probably outside the Netherlands. Clubs in the countries around us have not forgotten Maher, he says himself. 'Certainly not. I prefer to get started in a nice competition in Western Europe. There is also interest enough, from England, France and Belgium for example. But Spain and Germany are also beautiful countries. It is now up to me to make the right choice. ' Maher knows that the choice he makes this summer is crucial for his future. He has to show it, the ball is to himself. 'I am transfer free. In addition, I have played almost everything for six months, so I am top fit. The obstacles are gone, there are no more excuses. It comes to me. Or that gives pressure? No, on the contrary. It's time to take revenge on myself. People can expect that from me, I demand it from myself. '

He was an oustanding talent at AZ but lost his way badly and for last couple of years been a shadow of his former self. Could imagine him being wheeled out in front of us by agents that have presented us with some prize choices we have already acquired.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arcadianrocket said:

I wouldn't know what he looked like and can't imagine many would. Who spotted him?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

Immense on FIFA 15 lol makes bannan look like Andre the giant tho

What? Bannan looks dead?

10 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

FFS, we've got enough injuries in the squad without someone adding some bizarre self-flagellation habits to the mix

I take revenge on myself at times...

Nothing like a good old fashioned angry w@nk.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Who spotted him and where have you heard this?

I think it unlikely that anyone would recognise the guy Either this poster has a bit of inside information, but doesn’t want to expose his source, or he’s trying to stimulate some debate about, what, I have to say, would be an interesting target, very interesting

Edited by gurujuan

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think it unlikely that anyone would recognise the guy Either this poster has a bit of inside information, but doesn’t want to expose his source, or he’s trying to stimulate some debate about, what, I have to say, would be an interesting target, very interesting

If there is something in it, it’s encouraging to know that we are cracking on with our transfer business nice and early.

Have to admit though I don’t know a great deal about the player himself.