#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I think it unlikely that anyone would recognise the guy Either this poster has a bit of inside information, but doesn’t want to expose his source, or he’s trying to stimulate some debate about, what, I have to say, would be an interesting target, very interesting

It's another one of those where the name is so random that I'm almost willing to believe it. At the very least, even if Rocket made it up, he's gone for a player that's on record as saying there's interest in England and is out of contract, as well as him being the "sort of player" you could envisage Jos going for. Fair play to him I say... if it's an invention it's a heck of a lot better than the names Penguin goes for :biggrin:

Personally... yeah go on then, totally believe him. Whether we sign said player is a different matter, but I'm willing to believe we're interested, to the extent that we're one of the clubs he's willing to travel to to scope the place out/engage in talks. 

52 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Hello fellow Young Person, how is it hanging my man? 

Hanging and banging. Everything’s standard and mint. garymegson

At this point, my 14 year old daughter says “Dad, shurrup, you’re embarrassing”.

I retort with “I don’t care, I’m a Dad and that’s my job”.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest everydays_wednesday
3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

And furthermore.....

”Boyakasha, Westside, where’s me Julie?”

lol

Whatevs.....

17 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Came across this piece with Adam Maher from a few days ago. Translated from Dutch hence the dodgy language!

Adam Maher has no interest in complaining, clubs from several fine leagues around the Eredivisie to whistle to his services. In an extensive interview with Voetbal International, the 24-year-old midfielder looks back at his time at PSV and the relegation with FC Twente, but he also looks ahead. Maher discusses, among other things, the last five seasons - the years after his departure from AZ - which have by no means gone flawlessly. 'I could have done more, it seems clear to me that I would have preferred to see it differently. In the last years I have experienced beautiful, but also bad and difficult things. These are all experiences that I can take to the future. ' That future is probably outside the Netherlands. Clubs in the countries around us have not forgotten Maher, he says himself. 'Certainly not. I prefer to get started in a nice competition in Western Europe. There is also interest enough, from England, France and Belgium for example. But Spain and Germany are also beautiful countries. It is now up to me to make the right choice. ' Maher knows that the choice he makes this summer is crucial for his future. He has to show it, the ball is to himself. 'I am transfer free. In addition, I have played almost everything for six months, so I am top fit. The obstacles are gone, there are no more excuses. It comes to me. Or that gives pressure? No, on the contrary. It's time to take revenge on myself. People can expect that from me, I demand it from myself. '

Sounds like a Carlos type of player :carlos:

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Hanging and banging. Everything’s standard and mint. garymegson

At this point, my 14 year old daughter says “Dad, shurrup, you’re embarrassing”.

I retort with “I don’t care, I’m a Dad and that’s my job”.

ae05767f_f2798850-3946-0133-0a22-0e76e5725d9d.gif

On 26/05/2018 at 10:03, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Summer wish list

Sam Byram - loan 

Fred - 800k

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - hopeful!

Powerful central midfielder

Powerful central midfielder

how much would that cost on the back of my shirt eh?

No consideration...

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Came across this piece with Adam Maher from a few days ago. Translated from Dutch hence the dodgy language!

Adam Maher has no interest in complaining, clubs from several fine leagues around the Eredivisie to whistle to his services. In an extensive interview with Voetbal International, the 24-year-old midfielder looks back at his time at PSV and the relegation with FC Twente, but he also looks ahead. Maher discusses, among other things, the last five seasons - the years after his departure from AZ - which have by no means gone flawlessly. 'I could have done more, it seems clear to me that I would have preferred to see it differently. In the last years I have experienced beautiful, but also bad and difficult things. These are all experiences that I can take to the future. ' That future is probably outside the Netherlands. Clubs in the countries around us have not forgotten Maher, he says himself. 'Certainly not. I prefer to get started in a nice competition in Western Europe. There is also interest enough, from England, France and Belgium for example. But Spain and Germany are also beautiful countries. It is now up to me to make the right choice. ' Maher knows that the choice he makes this summer is crucial for his future. He has to show it, the ball is to himself. 'I am transfer free. In addition, I have played almost everything for six months, so I am top fit. The obstacles are gone, there are no more excuses. It comes to me. Or that gives pressure? No, on the contrary. It's time to take revenge on myself. People can expect that from me, I demand it from myself. '

Seems to tie in with our current tactic of bringing in promising overseas players for fees well below their market value, either by coming in when their contract is about to run out like with Pelupessy or by taking advantage of a post-relegation firesale. 

13 hours ago, theowlsman said:

And furthermore.....

”Boyakasha, Westside, where’s me Julie?”

lol

pftbdid you have to mention my ex (THE LAST NAME) FROM HELL

I am having nightmares now LOL

• Haha 4

Thorniley LCB.

Pudil LCB. LB. 

Van Aken LCB.

Fox LCB. LB. LWB.

Reach LWB.

Boyd LWB.

Lees RCB. 

Hunt RB. RWB.

Pamler RB. RWB.

Just looking at our options, its a shame Joost Van Aken got injured. Instead of easing himself back into light work outs, he could have been in the gym, getting stronger and sharper.

I reckon come August, we'll have options not to rely on him. I can't see him being rushed.