#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Barrie Mckay would be an excellent signing. He can play on either wing and in a front three. He’s young, paced and with quick feet and chips in with both goals and assists.

when you look at the amount of games we have to play next year, with injuries and fatigue during games we need players who can change a game or change how we line up and he will give it us in abundance. I get that we are carrying too many strikers and one needs to go possibly two but I believe this guy improves us and can play further down the field we drop into 4–4-2. Imagine FF and Mckay either side of a fletcher, hooper, or Dave it would terrify this league. Winnall and Matias should look to be moved on to reduce our squad size and try and generate some cash and reduce the wage bill and makay brought in 

that would be 3 strikers out 1 in which would be good business if we can do it on a loan with a view to buy 

Edited by fpowl

11 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Barrie Mckay would be an excellent signing. He can play on either wing and in a front three. He’s young, paced and with quick feet and chips in with both goals and assists.

when you look at the amount of games we have to play next year, with injuries and fatigue during games we need players who can change a game or change how we line up and he will give it us in abundance. I get that we are carrying too many strikers and one needs to go possibly two but I believe this guy improves us and can play further down the field we drop into 4–4-2. Imagine FF and Mckay either side of a fletcher, hooper, or Dave it would terrify this league. Winnall and Matias should look to be moved on to reduce our squad size and try and generate some cash and reduce the wage bill and makay brought in 

that would be 3 strikers out 1 in which would be good business if we can do it on a loan with a view to buy 

McKay should be available reasonably cheaply, because even Ipswich are looking at him, to replace Waghorn 

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

2 hours ago, camffiti said:

McKay should be available reasonably cheaply, because even Ipswich are looking at him, to replace Waghorn 

You keep Matias fit. He will be better than McKay.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

OK so what is the number ? Average per match ? What are his other weaknesses ? Maybe your fear stems from your prejudice  or you're just miffed because we do go out and Blast 2 or 3 Mill on a full back. 

Why on earth would I be prejudiced?

Maybe my fear stems from a player who's weakness is he’s out of his depth and simply isn’t fit for purpose for a team with promotion ambitions!

Miffed at not blasting 2 or 3 million on a fullback?

What a strange comment , we already have better options without even exploring the loan market!

You clearly fall into the category of Wednesdayite who’s happy at thought of Palmer being our first choice RB because he gives “his best” every game...... That’s your prerogative, my view is quite the opposite and that’s my prerogative also!

6 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

OK so what is the number ? Average per match ? What are his other weaknesses ? Maybe your fear stems from your prejudice  or you're just miffed because we do go out and Blast 2 or 3 Mill on a full back. 

I just think he’s crap in general. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

When you say prejudice... you mean racism right?

Dangerous accusing someone of being racist just because they don't think Palmer is any good. I don't mind him but he is exceptionally limited. Hunt offered much more going forward and could recover his failings through his pace.

Total Rumour but lad who cuts my hair had a bloke in prior to Hunt going and said Hunts going to Bristol City for 1.6mill and Reach has had interest from West Ham with the fee been around 12mill!

This was apparently said 2 days before anything come out about Hunt.

He was tge only player who stayed fit throughout the full season so probably nit gone unnoticed with other clubs

Anyone heard this or similar?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JaddyOwl said:

Total Rumour but lad who cuts my hair had a bloke in prior to Hunt going and said Hunts going to Bristol City for 1.6mill and Reach has had interest from West Ham with the fee been around 12mill!

He was tge only player who stayed fit throughout the full season so probably nit gone unnoticed with other clubs

Think Westwood is going and we are playing a defender up front this season because the bloke near me in the barbers said to the lad cutting his hair...."need to try a new no.1 with a no.4 up top"

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, JaddyOwl said:

Probably take that tbh with a hefty sell on fee 

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

You keep Matias fit. He will be better than McKay.

Two points to this 3 seasons have passed and we know Matias will not be fit to think otherwise has no substance. The second McKay is twice the player Matias is 

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Only a matter of time before clubs come sniffing for Reach. Perhaps another half season or full season if he does well. Maturing in a similar way that brunt did. 

Gotta be worth at least £80 million

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Two points to this 3 seasons have passed and we know Matias will not be fit to think otherwise has no substance. The second McKay is twice the player Matias is 

Was he twice the player of Matias in the season before he joined us which was probably Matias's last fully fit season.

The one where he was one of the top goalscorer's in Portugal.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Was he twice the player of Matias in the season before he joined us which was probably Matias's last fully fit season.

The one where he was one of the top goalscorer's in Portugal.

We’re pushing half a decade ago there we may as well compare him to. Waddle and hope he can rediscover his form with us in those first two seasons