#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Van Aken would have benefited greatly from playing in the back three towards the end of last season but unfortunately he was injured. Jos will have plenty of time on the training pitch to assess his options before the season starts.

15 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Doubt Chelsea are interested in a 22 year old left back  Championship left-back when they could afford spend £40m and get a left back with as many European games as Clark has Championship games. Vitesse are their own top-tier club playing at a good level... completely incomparible. 

Didn't realise Clark was 22 - I see your point as I'd based any interest from Chelsea on my assumption that he was about four years younger. In which case I applaud Clark for taking the step abroad, I'm always pleased to see players taking the plunge in Europe and beyond.

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Didn't realise Clark was 22 - I see your point as I'd based any interest from Chelsea on my assumption that he was about four years younger. In which case I applaud Clark for taking the step abroad, I'm always pleased to see players taking the plunge in Europe and beyond.

Agreed... Vitesse are in the Europa League this season too. Too good an opportunity not to turn down and realistically his wage is probably not too dissimilar to what it would have been in the Champ. 

6 hours ago, camffiti said:

I notice the mainstream media have now picked up on the ITFC bid for Blackpools' Curtis Tilt 

All I know about him, is he's a CB and likely cheaper than Venancio

Anyone know owt 'bout him? ... Worth a punt?

I know nothing about Tilt

I know Blackpool also have a centre back called Robertson who is younger and also linked with moves to bigger clubs. 

3 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Agree with this but what is a realistic price for Rhodes should anyone buy him?..think we would struggle to get 5 mill so 3mill for a season long loan seems excessive.

I assume any loan which cost £3m would also include an option to buy, so that the other club get a chance to evaluate him before committing a bigger chunk of funds should he turn out to be a success for them.

If he turns out to be poor for them, then it's £3m (plus wages) down the drain rather than the significantly larger amount needed to buy him and pay him over several years of a contract.

I can't see any way back for Rhodes with us now, but it's really sad to see the way things have gone for him here.

8 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Agree with this but what is a realistic price for Rhodes should anyone buy him?..think we would struggle to get 5 mill so 3mill for a season long loan seems excessive.

Good initial starting point for negotiation though. If you think about it, if he cost £10m and 4 years (I can’t remember what it was) then that’s £2.5m/year

9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Van Aken and Pudil will be battling it out for left sided centre back position this season and I wouldn't like to call who will come out on top.

Pudil

51 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Agree, but pleased in a way, on the basis it doesn't sound like we are desperate for money and to get his wages off the budget at any cost. 

The reported fee we paid was around £8m, so assuming a current market value of £5m seems DC looking to recoup that investment. 

It is an ambitious loan fee though, could understand why Norwich would have an issue with that. 

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Agreed... Vitesse are in the Europa League this season too. Too good an opportunity not to turn down and realistically his wage is probably not too dissimilar to what it would have been in the Champ. 

I quite like the trend of British youngsters going abroad, playing in different leagues, and immersing themselves in different cultures, it’s good for football, and it’s good for them

26 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, but pleased in a way, on the basis it doesn't sound like we are desperate for money and to get his wages off the budget at any cost. 

The reported fee we paid was around £8m, so assuming a current market value of £5m seems DC looking to recoup that investment. 

It is an ambitious loan fee though, could understand why Norwich would have an issue with that. 

We don’t need the money. And mr chansiri won’t be held to ransom. Said it before and will say it again. This FFP is a convinent smoke screen. While Jos assessors our strength and weaknesses. 

Many benfits to mr chansiri ;)

Edited by owlse

8 minutes ago, owlse said:

We don’t need the money. And mr chansiri won’t be held to ransom. Said it before and will say it again. This FFP is a convinent smoke screen. While Jos assessors our strength and weaknesses. 

Many benfits to mr chansiri ;)

That may well be true, but we do have a lot of offloading to do, whether we need the money or not

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That may well be true, but we do have a lot of offloading to do, whether we need the money or not

Exactly mate. We sure do. 

But I think the stupid rumours of a fire sale can now be put to bed. I bet Norwich didn’t expect a 3 million loan fee lol