#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Thorniley has already had a decent loan spell under his belt, and came back here last season and proved he was good enough 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Royal_D said:

Thorniley has already had a decent loan spell under his belt, and came back here last season and proved he was good enough 

I agree, he should stay. But Nielsen & O'Grady need to follow in his footsteps and get some loan action.

For a back 3:

left side options... Pudil, van Aken, Thorniley.

right side options... Lees, ???, ???.

..and don't say Hutchinson. He's injury-prone, and all managers here have preferred him in midfield. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I agree, he should stay. But Nielsen & O'Grady need to follow in his footsteps and get some loan action.

For a back 3:

left side options... Pudil, van Aken, Thorniley.

right side options... Lees, ???, ???.

..and don't say Hutchinson. He's injury-prone, and all managers here have preferred him in midfield. 

Aye, agreed on Neilsen and O’Grady 

Lees is always going to be first choice, therefore we’re utimately signing a back up .... Does Hutchinson get a game infront of Pelupessy/Bannan and Lee in central mid ?   Not for me , therefore I think Jos might be the one to use him at Centre half 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Does Hutchinson get a game infront of Pelupessy/Bannan and Lee in central mid ?   Not for me , therefore I think Jos might be the one to use him at Centre half 

Only fit to make 9 apps last season. Not dependable cover for either position. Love him, keep him, use him when fit, but for goodness sake don't depend on him. He's a luxury player. 

59 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

That would be a mistake. Van Aken has been out for months, Hutch is unreliable for fitness, Thorniley & Nielsen lack experience required to be dependent on. We need a senior right-sided centre-half with authority and presence. 

Agree . We desperately need a commanding, powerful centre half . A no nonsense centre back.  

• Like 1

We can’t shift Rhodes because he’s been bobbins since he arrived. Because of this we’ll probably end up selling the likes of FF, Hooper and Banan on deadline day and replacing them with bang average desperate loans, all under the guise of FFP. Chansiri could spend money, he’s just choosing not to. 

the reality of it is the club, especially squad wise is in an incredibly worse state than last season. 

All this talk of players coming back, it is accepted in football that injuries happen. We’ll suffer many injuries next season too, it’s just part of the modern game and once again we will not be prepared for it. 

Just now, hawksmore said:

We can’t shift Rhodes because he’s been bobbins since he arrived. Because of this we’ll probably end up selling the likes of FF, Hooper and Banan on deadline day and replacing them with bang average desperate loans, all under the guise of FFP. Chansiri could spend money, he’s just choosing not to. 

the reality of it is the club, especially squad wise is in an incredibly worse state than last season. 

All this talk of players coming back, it is accepted in football that injuries happen. We’ll suffer many injuries next season too, it’s just part of the modern game and once again we will not be prepared for it. 

We cant shift Rhodes because of his wages would be my guess. 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Aye, agreed on Neilsen and O’Grady 

Lees is always going to be first choice, therefore we’re utimately signing a back up .... Does Hutchinson get a game infront of Pelupessy/Bannan and Lee in central mid ?   Not for me , therefore I think Jos might be the one to use him at Centre half 

Looked very comfortable indeed when he has played for us there in the past.

Think he def gets a shot there under Jos and we all know he is good enough to take it so I expect to see him playing there.

3 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Brilliant post 

not 

I think Thorniley has done enough to become an option, not a first name in the XI. I like Van Aken and hope things are different for him this season, but I can't see it somehow. O'Grady and Nielsen need time on loan.

We definitely need another CB, either it is Venancio or one other.

I think Van Aken will come back and show us all the player he can be,  I was a bit dubious on a few occasions I saw him last year but like any player coming from abroad he needs to get to grips with the division etc ,  will also help that he’s known to the gaffer 

1 minute ago, Owl Rly said:

I think Thorniley has done enough to become an option, not a first name in the XI. I like Van Aken and hope things are different for him this season, but I can't see it somehow. O'Grady and Nielsen need time on loan.

We definitely need another CB, either it is Venancio or one other.

Van Aken and Pudil will be battling it out for left sided centre back position this season and I wouldn't like to call who will come out on top.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Van Aken and Pudil will be battling it out for left sided centre back position this season and I wouldn't like to call who will come out on top.

I'll have a go: Pudil.

I like Van Aken, he just had such a nightmare of a first season it's hard to think of anyone coming back from that. Also wonder whether Fox will be converted to a CB, as he is rubbish at LB.

I like Van Aken, he just had such a nightmare of a first season it's hard to think of anyone coming back from that. Also wonder whether Fox will be converted to a CB, as he is rubbish at LB.

Don’t think Fox cuts it as centre back As for Van Aken, yes he often looked shaky, but he was playing at a time when we hadn’t yet organised our back line

For me Van Aken has a lot of the attributes I think Jos will like.  Just needs to cut out the errors.

Anyone judging Van Aken as the answer to our problems or as being not good enough is premature on both counts. He has shown some glimpses of the player he could develop into and I suspect Jos will give him opportunities but he has to be considered a work in progress. JT and DP will also feature no doubt but again one still developing the other fighting age.

If we go into this season with TL as our only seasoned player at CB and effectively weaker than we were last season then we’ve dropped the ball again, big time. A mistake that people will struggle to forgive irrespective of the circumstances.

Edited by Morepork

42 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think he will have to rotate them. I can't see Pudil playing week in week out.