Loovens

Hunt

Fox

Butterfield

Boyd

Pelupessy

Matias

Nuhiu

Strong side, whilst resting a couple crucial players for Tuesday's trip to 'Boro. Still more than enough in that side to beat Reading.

Sorry Mrs Butterfield but we presumed your son was missing in action 

1 hour ago, Ash77 said:

Wsmith

Venancio loovy Pudil

Hunt                                     Penney

Boyd Pelupessy reach

Matias Joao

Matias links with mids and runs channels, better from fox but maybe penneys turn for a chance, more energy and mobility in boyd and pessi hopefully.

Cup runs only thing left this season so lets go all out for win with strongest side

Think I'd go with that, maybe swap Boyd for a natural center mid though. I think we need better from the wing backs to make the 352 work so I'd be up for giving Hunt and Penney a go. Don't know whether Palmer and Fox are playing to a set (understandable) plan to not venture forward as to stop us conceding but we have ended up 532. The benefit of the wing backs is that we should have 5 at the back when defending and 5 in midfield when going forward, at present we've only got half of the deal (back 5) and end up with three in midfield, hence the long balls. I think the wing backs are key to the system and have got to have the capacity to get up and down all night, that is Hunt's major strength, I definitely don't see that attribute in Fox and until recently Palmer imo was a lazy git, but I think he's improved quite a bit in that regard so who knows? From the little we saw of Matias on Saturday I think he's worth a shout as like you say there was the link up with midfield with him and that bit of unpredictability.

Wildsmith                                                      

Nielsen             Loovens          Thorniley

Palmer                                                                    Penney

Boyd              Pessy            Jones

Matias              Nuhiu

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Wildsmith 

Hunt

Venancio

Loovens

Pudil

Fox

Reach

Pelupessy

Boyd

Matias

Joao

Subs- Dawson, Palmer, Penney, Jones, Wallace, Rhodes, Nuhiu

Clare and Thorniley cup tied, play the strongest team possible and get through. No idea if any of the injured players may be back for this but we'll just have to presume they aren't.

Swap Megan Fox for Matt Penney and I'm in.

15 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Wildsmith 

Hunt

Venancio

Loovens

Pudil

Fox

Reach

Pelupessy

Boyd

Matias

Joao

Subs- Dawson, Palmer, Penney, Jones, Wallace, Rhodes, Nuhiu

Clare and Thorniley cup tied, play the strongest team possible and get through. No idea if any of the injured players may be back for this but we'll just have to presume they aren't.

yep need to progress in cup,play offs too far away imo let's av a cup run

Think it is important to have some stability at the back, so would keep the back 3 as per Cardiff. Would like to see the new lad, Joey get some game time and more minutes in the legs of Hunt, Matias and Boyd. Joao is finding some form, so important he be allowed to continue to build some momentum.

For me:

Wildmith

Venancio

Pudil

Thornily

Hunt

Boyd

Pelupessy

Reach

Fox

Matias

Joao

That said, wouldn't be averse to rotating, but think with an extra days rest before the next game, we can afford to put out a reasonably strong side. 

We need to put a full team out and go for the cup. Promotion is out and we shouldnt go down with this new man in charge. 

Only the cup is left. 

Come on Wednesday go for it. CC always baled out because he was convinced that the players couldn't play three times in eight days. He also convinced the players of that 

JL is working in fitness and the players look so different.

So let's go for a cup run 

I’d like to see a few more of the youngsters given a game, it’s the one good thing that’s come out of this injury crisis, getting to see some of the academy lads coming into the first team and not looking out of place.

Also with a tough game at Boro the following Tuesday we need to use what squad we have to make sure we don’t have any new injuries for that match.

9 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Wildsmith                                                      

Nielsen             Loovens          Thorniley

Palmer                                                                    Penney

Boyd              Pessy            Jones

Matias              Nuhiu

Just a line up I wanted to write myself...

It's a funny one this,  because I'm desperate for us to have a good cup run.  Can do wonders for the team confidence and create a buzz and also lifts the fans the the rounds drop away.

On the other hand. ..we're still very much in the shadow of our injury list. And though we have picked up two excellent points recently, I still have one eye on the relegation trapdoor. 

I'm torn. 

I think Jones should be out. Not dropped you understand , his recent form has done the unthinkable and made me start to have a change of heart about a player!  I think the way he's played recently makes him vital for the tough trip to Middlesbrough especially in light of our current lack of 'proper' central midfield players. 

I'd definitely keep Joao in. He's tiring in games and needs that stamina building up after so long in the wilderness.  

51 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I think for the players he's got Jossy can field a competitive team and still rest a few for 'boro.

I just can't begin to guess who ?

Amazing really when you think about it that we can rest a few, remain competitive and still have all our best players out injured.