Venancio

Nielson

Fox

reach

Pelupessy

Boyd

Matias

Nuhiu

I like the look of this line up. Rests some regulars, brings back guys who did well against carlisle, blood pelupessy and gets boyd, mattias and nuhui minutes to get fitness and form up. Looks a balanced team

7 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Crowd of around 15k, should be getting more really considering the prices and it being a cup tie.

I don't think too many care about the cup anymore .....was a bit of a b side against Carlisle and probably summat similar against reading , chuck in it's a Friday and if we get 15k that would be a good turn out . 

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I don't think too many care about the cup anymore .....was a bit of a b side against Carlisle and probably summat similar against reading , chuck in it's a Friday and if we get 15k that would be a good turn out . 

But considering we have nowt to play for anymore we might as well give this a good go, and if the chairman does these reduced rates and no one takes up the offers it's hardly going to make him drop prices anytime soon.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Not Jon Newsome said:

But considering we have nowt to play for anymore we might as well give this a good go, and if the chairman does these reduced rates and no one takes up the offers it's hardly going to make him drop prices anytime soon.

but if the manager plays a basically B  team then it's hardly high on his  priority so you can understand why the fans would think the same . 

8 hours ago, roaminowl said:

(Tony) Book

(Craig) Shakespeare

(Phil) King

(Charlie) Austen

(Malcolm) Christie

(Roger) Wilde

(Andy) Carroll

(Matt) Eliot

(Kieran) Lee

(John) Faulkner

(Joe) Joyce

Took me a minute but that’s good. Especially as Jos can’t pronounce Reading properly.

8 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

In the past two seasons I have strongly advocated we play the reserves in both cups. We were chasing a much bigger prize and our squad was struggling. 

Not this season though. We should go all out for the cup, and play our best Xl every match. There’s no point resting the current players with an army of better players slowly but surely coming back to fitness.

Stranger things have happened. Wouldn’t surprise me if we have a semi or even final run this season as our excellent players come back to fitness and as moral and direction under Jos get better and better.

9 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Is Penney fit ?

if so :

Wildsmith

Venancio Loovens Pudil

Hunt Pelupessy Wallace Penney

Reach

Matias Joao

Why Loovens ? Do u want a cup run ? He's a liability and would put the young lads under pressure with his stupid decisions, lack of pace and sideways passing time to move on from him now

8 minutes ago, Juddiknight said:

Why Loovens ? Do u want a cup run ? He's a liability and would put the young lads under pressure with his stupid decisions, lack of pace and sideways passing time to move on from him now

Need him to captain the side at the moment and expect him to aswell.

When Lees and Van Aken are back then we may see him play less.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Wildsmith 

Hunt

Venancio

Loovens

Pudil

Fox

Reach

Pelupessy

Boyd

Matias

Joao

Subs- Dawson, Palmer, Penney, Jones, Wallace, Rhodes, Nuhiu

Clare and Thorniley cup tied, play the strongest team possible and get through. No idea if any of the injured players may be back for this but we'll just have to presume they aren't.

I'd be really tempted to try Reach at left wing back.  Fox isn't good enough going forward.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
49 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Wildsmith

Pudil, Loovens, Fred

Hunt,                        Penney

Reach, Joey, Boyd

Matias  , Joao

Pretty close to what I'd play!!

10 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Wildsmith 

Hunt

Venancio

Loovens

Pudil

Fox

Reach

Pelupessy

Boyd

Matias

Joao

Subs- Dawson, Palmer, Penney, Jones, Wallace, Rhodes, Nuhiu

Clare and Thorniley cup tied, play the strongest team possible and get through. No idea if any of the injured players may be back for this but we'll just have to presume they aren't.

If we were playing our strongest team , it wouldn’t include loovens 

11 hours ago, Donny.Owl said:

Dave, Gary, Michael, Shelly, Gordon, Richard, Phil, Claire..

Sod it, it'll take all day naming the crowd.

Shelly? is she new or am I thinking of another Shelly?

Phil stood up well last time out, not so sure about Gary tho.......

I would have Baz and John behind the goal, Mick and Pete on the North with Miles and Percy in the South.