Team for Reading

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Amazing really when you think about it that we can rest a few, remain competitive and still have all our best players out injured.

He trusts them and has got them believing in themselves.

21 hours ago, oldishowl said:

The difference with Loovens this season is that he has started panicking.

He has always remained cool even when exposed but in the Vydra incident, the Kung fu at Ipswich and the two tackles at the sty he lost his cool.

Especially the two at the sty. He could have stayed on his feet but panicked, afraid of getting exposed for pace. Can’t play if he is going to panic all the time.

Agree with this.

Has been a good servant, but...

Get rid now.

Liability.

For me Joao has got to play, he needs the miles in his legs and is looking less rusty after every game and playing a little deeper into the match.

Above all else Lucas strikes me as a confidence player and he needs to know that the manager has faith in him. 

Out of all our forwards injured or otherwise this lad has more natural talent and physical attributes than anybody else here at the club.

Not that I'm comparing the two but David Hirst couldn't get a game before big fat Ron came here.

Wildsmith

Venancio loovens pudil

Hunt                                         reach

Pelupessy

Butterfield                Boyd

Matias   Joao

With nothing left to play for in league should go basically full strength. Its been great seeing u23 players get a chance but theyve had there taste now and the likes of ogrady and nielson should maybe get another chance when we are safe at end of season but for now realistically with loovens back lees close and van aken not too far away and thorniley being ahead of them in the pecking order we have better options for now.

Be a good chance to see reach at wing back a little harsh on him as he has been good further forward but he can potentially offer so much more than fox there we need to give it a try. Also when bannans back he can take reaches place in the centre.

Im sure people will laugh at butterfield in there but he can play the role and wallace and jones probably need the rest more than most. He's ours till the end of the season so with others excelling ahead of him would be made clear this is likely to be his last shot at establishing himself here.

Joao seems like he needs to keep playing has been good recently and matias has earned the chance to show he can do more than rhodes up there.

Guest Bulgaria
On 22/01/2018 at 23:39, Not Jon Newsome said:

But considering we have nowt to play for anymore we might as well give this a good go, and if the chairman does these reduced rates and no one takes up the offers it's hardly going to make him drop prices anytime soon.

Agree. If ever there was a good season to go for a cup run this is it. Strongest team for me. All this rest him and him nonsense. Does my head in. Nowt to play for in the league. 

On 21/01/2018 at 22:35, torryowl said:

that would be the jones who in the last  2 games as been superb ......

Superb is no way the superlative I'd use to describe their performance.

Wallace was at his ankle biting best during the derby but he struggles to actually pass the ball or pick out a player on crosses. He holds on to it far too long also. Did nothing against Cardiff.

Jones has bee poor all season, his only highlight was the goal v Sunderland at S6 in August. He cannot tackle or pass, great defensive midfielder.

Our team needs to move forward, this is the opportunity. Sadly people think two performances (which I don't think we're that great) make a season. 

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Agree. If ever there was a good season to go for a cup run this is it. Strongest team for me. All this rest him and him nonsense. Does my head in. Nowt to play for in the league. 

You’re wrong. We’ve got our status to protect.

Not safe for another 7 wins 

Guest Bulgaria
8 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

You’re wrong. We’ve got our status to protect.

Not safe for another 7 wins 

I would take 6 wins and a trophy.

1 hour ago, trask43 said:

Wildsmith

Venancio loovens pudil

Hunt                                         reach

Pelupessy

Butterfield                Boyd

Matias   Joao

With nothing left to play for in league should go basically full strength. Its been great seeing u23 players get a chance but theyve had there taste now and the likes of ogrady and nielson should maybe get another chance when we are safe at end of season but for now realistically with loovens back lees close and van aken not too far away and thorniley being ahead of them in the pecking order we have better options for now.

Be a good chance to see reach at wing back a little harsh on him as he has been good further forward but he can potentially offer so much more than fox there we need to give it a try. Also when bannans back he can take reaches place in the centre.

Im sure people will laugh at butterfield in there but he can play the role and wallace and jones probably need the rest more than most. He's ours till the end of the season so with others excelling ahead of him would be made clear this is likely to be his last shot at establishing himself here.

Joao seems like he needs to keep playing has been good recently and matias has earned the chance to show he can do more than rhodes up there.

Agree with much of that - but think Reach has been our best attacking player of late and I would keep him in midfield, even if it means Fox remaining LWB. 

In fact I would like reach told explicitly that he will only be LWB in extreme, unforseen scenarios. He was not helped by having to change position week by week. 

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Agree with much of that - but think Reach has been our best attacking player of late and I would keep him in midfield, even if it means Fox remaining LWB. 

In fact I would like reach told explicitly that he will only be LWB in extreme, unforseen scenarios. He was not helped by having to change position week by week. 

Yeah interesting that you posted that, was just watching a few of the old extended highlights back and the thought crossed my mind that reach shouldn't be put back there. Mostly because of how impressive hes been recently in a more attacking position but also in part because of how poor he was in defensive positions particularly against norwich.

Wildsmith 

Loovens Pudil  Fred 

Hunt                                          Fox 

Boyd  Pelupessy Reach

Matias     Joao 

Would like to see this. 

Matias and Joao can run the channels very well and Boyd and Reach would be good at exploiting the space that leaves.

5 hours ago, NornOwl said:

Superb is no way the superlative I'd use to describe their performance.

Wallace was at his ankle biting best during the derby but he struggles to actually pass the ball or pick out a player on crosses. He holds on to it far too long also. Did nothing against Cardiff.

Jones has bee poor all season, his only highlight was the goal v Sunderland at S6 in August. He cannot tackle or pass, great defensive midfielder.

Our team needs to move forward, this is the opportunity. Sadly people think two performances (which I don't think we're that great) make a season. 

Re Jones. I’d agree up until the last few games where has been very good. If he carries on playing like this then he will do for me, no problem.