Team for Reading

Guest RocketOwl

I quite like this system Jos has been playing but it does really highlight we don't have the wing backs for this system.

Hunt will probably be ok but Fox and Palmer are not good enough. We need two wing backs.

2 hours ago, York_Owl said:

DE36E784-11E8-4E28-AF80-240FA44DA972.thumb.jpeg.d77bf2a0f0d30740ca793eff749689f5.jpeg

This is the one for me but Joey instead of Jones. Wouldn’t mind O’Grady and Dawson instead of Loovens and Wildsmith either tbh.

The energy and forward running of Reach, Boyd, Matias and Joao could overwhelm Reading and be a very exciting watch for our fans.  

On 21/01/2018 at 23:18, Not Jon Newsome said:

Crowd of around 15k, should be getting more really considering the prices and it being a cup tie.

Not really.

Its an unattractive tie in a competition that not many take much notice of these days, until you get to the semi-finals.

People have better things to spend their hard-earned money on, than watching two struggling Championship teams put out teams with key players ‘rested’ with the league games in mind.

The timing of the fixture isn’t great either.  The week before payday in January.

Also worth noting that Wednesday have won just 2 out of our last 14 games in all competitions; not exactly surprising that fans are giving tonight a pass.  This fixture was never going to get bums on seats.

13 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Not really.

Its an unattractive tie in a competition that not many take much notice of these days, until you get to the semi-finals.

People have better things to spend their hard-earned money on, than watching two struggling Championship teams put out teams with key players ‘rested’ with the league games in mind.

The timing of the fixture isn’t great either.  The week before payday in January.

Also worth noting that Wednesday have won just 2 out of our last 14 games in all competitions; not exactly surprising that fans are giving tonight a pass.  This fixture was never going to get bums on seats.

But fans always moan about ticket prices, ticket prices go down and they find some other excuse as always. 

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

But fans always moan about ticket prices, ticket prices go down and they find some other excuse as always. 

I know that some fans will always find an excuse to not attend.

And some fans who cannot commit to a ST, just get out of the habit of going to games.

Extortionate POTG prices ARE common at our ground (£15 for tonight’s game is reasonable IMO, an exception, rather than the rule).  Our standard POTG prices have been overly expensive for a long time; we’ve got a reputation for it now and that’s very hard to shake off.

Because tonight’s game isn’t an attractive fixture and because we have that reputation of being expensive, I bet many ‘casual’ fans won’t even know what the ticket prices are tonight; they will assume that it might be expensive (it normally is), which is going to put people off considering attending matches.

That’s the gamble that the club took, when they decided to hike up prices in 2015; the sub-text was ‘if you don’t have a ST, expect to pay over-the-odds’.

Because of the club’s pricing strategy, POTG walk-ups have reduced massively in the last few years; some of those fans who would previously POTG, will have become ST holders (great from the club’s point of view) and some may not hardly bother at all now (which means they are much harder to entice to come to games in future).

When you look at where we are now this season, fans became used to seeing the poor football served up by Wednesday under the last few months under Carvalhal. Combined with our current run of 2 wins from the last 14 games, that has killed off the interest of many Wednesday fans for this season IMO.

To most football fans, our season is looking like a write-off (as long as we stay up).

I’ll continue to support the team at games, as always.  But I can’t criticise fans who have lost interest in us this season.

Edited by The Captain

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 22:45, s6 owl said:

Dawson

O'Grady/FN Venancio Pudil

Hunt                                     Penney

Reach Pelupessy Boyd

Matias Joao

the team I would play, will get negged for this but why are people still saying play Nuhui ? still can't see it no pace or lets be honest ability

4 minutes ago, brando said:

the team I would play, will get negged for this but why are people still saying play Nuhui ? still can't see it no pace or lets be honest ability

You said the same about Nuhiu before last Cup match and we all know what happened 

19 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Dawson

Hunt-Loovens-Venancio-Pudil-Fox

Boyd-Pelupessy-Reach

Nuhiu-Matias

Subs - Wildsmith, Palmer, Butterfield, Wallace, Joao, Rhodes, Jones

^ wont be far off. Strong team

This must be the first time your team prediction has ever been right

:luhukay: