Dale Johnson (ESPN) on Jos Luhukay and his tactics

9 minutes ago, nile said:

Many slated Carlos for his boring tactics and formation.

this guy is believed to play dour boring football and he’s the saviour.

Carlos played sexy football and had relative success, he gradually tightened up, performances got worse and so did results. Frustration stemmed from moving to negative football combined with negative results.

IF this guy plays conservative football but wins, I'm sure it will be better received - we're starting out from a baseline of dull already.

He sounds very similar to Megson in tactics and attitude which then automatically begs the question “why not go for Megson then”? If you were looking for traits in a manager that both seem to possess and without getting in to the hilarious cult shyte I don’t see why wouldn’t employ the bloke on your doorstep who has a good understanding of our present predicament. Don’t get me wrong Megson wouldn’t have been my choice, it’s just that I can’t follow the thought process.

Edited by Walt

10 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

OMG this is going to be a disaster. Why oh why not go for Dean Smith who has created a great scouting system, signs, plays and builds lower league players into Prem quality and plays good footy. 

DC has defo lost it. "Fast, aggressive football"  and we end up with an extra from Dallas Buyers Club. 

Maybe he wasn't interested?

Deary me. Some of the posts in this thread are great. 

I'd hazard a guess that 99% of Wednesday fans of NEVER heard of him yet he's already not good enough. 

Look at the guys CV. He's managed much bigger than us and his record suggest he's succeeded EVERYWHERE he's been. 

Whether its free flowing football or a conservative approach... Either/or, you get 3 points for a win. 

I'm really excited by this appointment. I like the unknown. From what i've read he seems a disciplinarian. If you watched Wednesday against Burton (or most games this season) surely you realise thats EXACTLY what we need right now. 

16 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

OMG this is going to be a disaster. Why oh why not go for Dean Smith who has created a great scouting system, signs, plays and builds lower league players into Prem quality and plays good footy. 

Can you tell me how many players have left Brentford for The Premier League? 

Can you tell me how many times Brentford have reached the Play Offs under Dean Smith?

Can you tell me how many times Dean Smith has achieved promotion at any club in his career?

13 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Carlos played sexy football and had relative success, he gradually tightened up, performances got worse and so did results. Frustration stemmed from moving to negative football combined with negative results.

IF this guy plays conservative football but wins, I'm sure it will be better received - we're starting out from a baseline of dull already.

Im more than willing to give this bloke a chance.

but a lot of people either have short memories or selective memories as boring football was Carlos worst faults.

They spoke to the regular guest European footballl expert on Talksport radio last night at about 1.10am.

The presenter explained that someone called Jos Luhukay is currently the favourite for the Sheffield Wednesday job.

This expert replied that Luhukay is Dutch but has worked mainly in the German leagues at some big clubs such as Hertha and Stuttgart.

He also said and I quote “He has a reputation for playing dour football but has a good record for gaining promotions”.

All appointments are risks, so would take past performances/ reputations with a pinch of salt.

1 minute ago, thommowl said:

I don't get this "rather have someone that knows the league" the championship is changing and progressing all the time what is it he needs to KNOW 

I agree with this at the start of the season, our relegation fears mean this is a but higher risk right now 

30 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

DC has defo lost it. "Fast, aggressive football"  and we end up with an extra from Dallas Buyers Club. 

I too admire Dean Smith but to claim he created their scouting system is wrong. 

Well if he can sort out fitness and Conditioning then that’s half the battle imo.

There is enough talent here - it just needs proper management, something it hasn’t really had since The PO final. 

The write up isnt bad - it’s a still a risk but looks a more qualified one than taken with CC. 

Time will tell. 

1 minute ago, Drones club said:

Dour doesn't get relegated. Disorganised does. Dour shouldn't be a pejorative term. Isn't Mourinho inclined to be dour? Wasn't the invincible Arsenal team less than expansive? Dour can be relentless and serious. 

The Arsenal team with Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and Ljunberg? lol

I get your point though. Need to be solid first and go from there, I'm behind him if he is indeed the man.