Dale Johnson (ESPN) on Jos Luhukay and his tactics

08-12-13-34-35-33513-71-626-jpg.jpg

He is Dutch but opted to do his coaching badges in Germany, so doesn’t view himself as a Dutch trainer.

Remy Reynierse (ex Netherlands U21) and Olaf Jansen were Jos Luhukay's assistants at Stuttgart. Jansen left job as manager of St Pauli last month.

Worth noting Remy Reijnierse picked Joost van Aken for the Netherlands Under-21 squad when he was in charge in 2015

Safety-first coach with conservative tactics. Often man to man marking; strong leadership and a disciplinarian

Jos Luhukay's 5 training theses.

1. Winning builds team spirit

2. Tactics stand or fall on preparation

3. Playing 5/6 different systems is nonsense

4. We are not here to have fun

5. If the players are happy doing something, they do it better

Worth pointing out too that Jos Luhukay has managed clubs with big attendances -- Hertha Berlin averaged 40k, Gladbach have a capacity of 54k. Don't be fooled into thinking he managed "little clubs" - Augsburg also averaged 30k.

Style of play would not be pretty or expansive. Known for organised, dour stuff but that was mainly working with average players at Augsburg who he led to promotion in 2011 and kept them in up

Took the job 2016 at Stuttgart in 2.Bundesliga who had just been relegated, won three of first five games but left post early with reports of differences of opinons with DOF.

Gained reputation for an expert at promotions from 2.Bundesliga so he left Augsburg to go to capital city club, Hertha. Naturally he won promotion at the first attempt as champions but don't recall over expansive, attractive football.

I don't like laziness" - Jos is a disciplinarian and considered a canny tactician Along with three promotions, also got Augsburg to playoffs but lost out to Ilkay Gundogan's Nuremberg in 2010

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Style of play would not be pretty or expansive. Known for organised, dour stuff but that was mainly working with average players at Augsburg who he led to promotion in 2011 and kept them in up

1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Welcome him, will support him, but still the wrong choice.

Hillsborough does not need, nor deserve, DOUR football.

Hope that side is not seen at s6

Weird how you quote the word DOUR but ignore the but .... part. 

I guess you can take negatives from a positive statement, if choosing to ignore context. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

Weird how you quote the word DOUR but ignore the but .... part. 

I guess you can take negatives from a positive statement, if choosing to ignore context. 

Weird ? I've spoken to my German mate whose second club is Wednesday this morning..... believe me, it wasn't good listening.
The word, boring was used on more than one occasion.

So, contextually, let's stop with the grammar police eh ? and stop making it personal.

• Haha 2

I like the organisation and discipline comments. That was lacking against Burton. Also not afraid to stand his ground by the comment fell out with D of F and left. Dour football I can take if it gets results - thats how Carlos got through last season - but dour and losing  that's another thing.

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Weird ? I've spoken to my German mate whose second club is Wednesday this morning..... believe me, it wasn't good listening.
The word, boring was used on more than one occasion.

So, contextually, let's stop with the grammar police eh ? and stop making it personal.

There’s nothing personal in there at all, the post focuses on the word Dour, but ignores the fact that it’s followed by saying that was with a club over achieving with average players. 

Also im not sure if clipping away context has anything to do with grammar, but that’s by the by. 

Anyhow, enjoy your Friday!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

There’s nothing personal in there at all, the post focuses on the word Dour, but ignores the fact that it’s followed by saying that was with a club over achieving with average players. 

Also im not sure if clipping away context has anything to do with grammar, but that’s by the by. 

Anyhow, enjoy your Friday!

You too

UTO !

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Glad that's all settled and we're all friends again

lol

Come on JOS!!!

Dull and boring is great if you are winning every game 1-0 and pushing for promotion.

Not so great when losing as we well know.

Lets hope it is a different kind of dull.

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

08-12-13-34-35-33513-71-626-jpg.jpg

I don't like laziness"

He'll be tearing his tache out when he gets here then lol

In all seriousness character-wise he sounds about what we need. Time will tell (if he does indeed come of course)....