It's not Paul Lambert

That's a shame if true. Of all the names being bandied around, Lambert seemed the best equipped to deal with our current situation and potentially build something promising for next season.

Do you know if he was interviewed and if so whose decision it was that he won't be coming here?

Let's just hope we can somehow get someone better then, eh? I'll not hold my breath...

Katrien Meire acknowledged that one of the mistake they made at Charlton (among many others) was initially not getting managers that new the C'ship.

She said they'd learned the lesson from that after relegation and the last two appointments, albeit in Lg 1, were Russel Slade and Karl Robinson.

Not sure if she has DC's ear yet but wouldn't be surprised if she's recommending a home grown gaffer

8 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Katrien Meire acknowledged that one of the mistake they made at Charlton (among many others) was initially not getting managers that new the C'ship.

She said they'd learned the lesson from that after relegation and the last two appointments, albeit in Lg 1, were Russel Slade and Karl Robinson.

Not sure if she has DC's ear yet but wouldn't be surprised if she's recommending a home grown gaffer

Sincerely hope so!

Megson

Hurst

Smith

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Staton also ruling Lambert out of the running. I hope that was more DC not going for him rather than Lambert turning the job down.

To be honest, I think it wouldn't be such a bad thing if Lambert has turned us down. A healthy dose of realism in the upper echelons at S6 might be just the ticket at the moment.