It's not Paul Lambert

7 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Dread to think who's going to end up getting the job.

I think Lambert was one of the only "favourites" to really have the credentials for the job here.

It's always a lottery. Gray did a brilliant job and had a rubbish CV. All we can do is get the new bloke in and be patient.  This season for me, especially if all we are going to do is pull in loan players, is simply about survival. 

18 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

To be honest, I think it wouldn't be such a bad thing if Lambert has turned us down. A healthy dose of realism in the upper echelons at S6 might be just the ticket at the moment.

whilst i agree, if a manager like Lambert that has worked under the chairman he has at previous clubs (blackburn and villa) turns down our job it just shows imo how bad things infact are here.

I've no idea if he has, but if Paul Lambert has turned us down, it is indicative of the absolute shambles behind the scenes at the football club.

I've been a big advocate of Lambert, but I've maintained all along, he wouldn't come unless things were right. Lambert had all that at Blackburn, and got out of his contract as soon as he was allowed to. 

11 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Lambert says no due to offered a 6 month deal but he feels longer needed to turn things around hope this isn’t what offering everyone 

Jesus, I really hope that's not true.

Why would we be messing around offering Lambert a 6 month contract?

If we want him, just get him in on a long-term deal which tells him, the fans, and most importantly the players, that he's being backed and will be here for the foreseeable future.

Any new manager is going to have to ruffle a few feathers to get a turnaround in performances; that will be pretty difficult if the players know he's only here for a few months anyway.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Jesus, I really hope that's not true.

Why would we be messing around offering Lambert a 6 month contract?

If we want him, just get him in on a long-term deal which tells him, the fans, and most importantly the players, that he's being backed and will be here for the foreseeable future.

Any new manager is going to have to ruffle a few feathers to get a turnaround in performances; that will be pretty difficult if the players know he's only here for a few months anyway.

Correct correct correct mate I’m just so confused what’s going on at hillsborough 

Guest Jack the Hat

I get the feeling that DC has someone lined up for next season and is trying to get someone to do the next 6 months. It would explain why the likes of mclaren and lambert have reportedly turned us down. Just a feeling I'm not ITK. Quite the opposite actually- I haven't got a clue what's going on.