BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Fair enough

Some people will agree with what he said, some will disagree. That's what opinions are for 

My biggest gripe is the way people responded to that. As far as I've seen the chairman has been nothing but honest, and he showed that with the answering of various questions throughout December. I think he deserves a bit more respect from a small handful of childish fans.

Like her or not also, the new CEO has come in and regardless of her previous roles, she deserves a fair chance and people should see what actually comes of it rather than jumping the gun. Good luck to her.

I agree regards the CEO, granted Charlton didn't go well to say the least but we are a different club, different circumstances, different people, she deserves a chance.

The worry comes from DC's previous appointments - ventures - ideas, that have mostly been abject failures, people are seeing her past and being VERY wary to say the least and can you really blame them?

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know its changing the subject slightly but the line from those quotes that stands out to me is:

I never said I am rich, I never said I was a good man or anything but one thing is certain, I am a human being like everybody else.

Where is the money coming from he is investing?

the second point is nearly as alarming as the first

1 minute ago, torres said:

I agree regards the CEO, granted Charlton didn't go well to say the least but we are a different club, different circumstances, different people, she deserves a chance.

The worry comes from DC's previous appointments - ventures - ideas, that have mostly been abject failures, people are seeing her past and being VERY wary to say the least and can you really blame them?

This^^^

Just now, Kanye West said:

I mean, it's not really is it.

Ok, the smiley might have given it away that was said tongue in cheek.

But i find the situation with our new CEO very similar to when we tried to warn the Chesterfield fans what they were going to get with Dave Allen and his cronies. They didn't listen and as a result suffered as he returned to type. 

I fear the same for us, that she is going to do more harm than good.

Im willing to give her a chance but i feel it's another ILL ADVISED decision from DC  to appoint her.

Here's hoping im wrong but im sure you can appreciate my obvious concerns?

13 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The only thing about this that wee wees me off is the holier than thou, truefan bullshit posted by some people. 

So what if a person gets a refund. Their money. Their decision. 

I’m keeping my season ticket but couldn't give a bobbar what other people decide. 

Spot on !

1 minute ago, swfctc1 said:

You who wanted a refund have got your wish !!!

what you still moaning for 

Think about it.

He's offered a refund all because a very small number of people said it, and has already mentioned there was a damn sight more than just a few who weren't happy about us removing the stripes last season. What did he do about that? 

I'm no expert in the textiles industry but I hardly believe it would cost anything extra to play in stripes (Which a majority would prefer) than not, purely because the owner isn't keen on them.

What's he going to do next season if the club continues in the same way as it has done this year?

Voices will grow louder, people will lose faith and far more will be expecting their money back.

The problem then is that Chansiri has already offered a refund previously, the precedent has been set. 

The issue becomes even more murkier when he has just appointed a Chief Executive who openly calls supporters "Customers" and is on record as saying she wasn't bothered if the old men never went back to The Valley during her time at Charlton.

I never asked for a refund, I never did when Dave Allen wanted to sue me and I would never ever expect a refund that's based solely on what happens on the pitch. That's not how it works. A dodgy shirt, yes. A dodgy pie, yes but never a match ticket.

You may be totally happy with how things are going, that's perfectly fine, you're entitled that opinion just as much I am mine.  But remember this who's going to shout for you when something doesn't take your fancy?

1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

My guess is all those who’ve negged you will be getting their refund call themselves supporters cmon. What can chansiri do right he’s trying to rectify wrongs and you watch these idiots will take it basically putting middle finger up to him for all his efforts

Supporters? - not in my eyes. As I said...when a new manager comes in a turns things around and we reach the highs once again, they'll be on the terrace with the phone light shining. Its times like these that make the good times better, but running away and hiding when the going gets tough - pah. Neg all they like

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Far from happy, i recognise there are prombles but it's the way the so called and thinly veiled "criticism" is being delivered...the sarcasm the sheer enjoyment some seem to be getting out of the whole thing, like a pack of hyenas around a fresh kill...

Oh no - not sarcasm. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

100%

The real issue here isn't the tiny handful of people who will (for whatever reasons they have) ask for a refund, but our football club posting stuff like this on our official website

It's all turning into a right mess and yet instead of looking at that it's clear that fans would rather turn on fellow fans

For me this feels like the last fleeting heart beats of our club, our beloved and historic club that we have all suffered through thin and thinner to be loyal fans of.

It also feels like the rising of a great big zombie corpse of a club that it an imitation of our club, a soul less monster that will stumble around aimlessly and fecklessly for the next few years.

R.I.P. Sheffield Wendesday.

50 minutes ago, torres said:

I bet that took seconds to come up with and it's by far superior to anything we've done in the last how ever many years.

DC has taken it to a new level of ineptitude but we have been awful for as long as i have known and ive been going 30 years.

It's why they need a fan to work on the business side of the club. Someone who understands the club and more importantly Sheffield people. 

I feel a fresh CEO was required who would take tough decisions, perhaps without an emotional attachment, but that needs counterbalancing with fans thoughts too 

1 minute ago, modboy said:

It's why they need a fan to work on the business side of the club. Someone who understands the club and more importantly Sheffield people. 

I feel a fresh CEO was required who would take tough decisions, perhaps without an emotional attachment, but that needs counterbalancing with fans thoughts too 

Will you please stop talking sense, no place on here for such reasoned thinking.lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

Someone like Lee Strafford or Howard Wilkinson, with the club at heart

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

Plenty of fans work at the club, some in fairly senior positions. Some good people.

They are either being shut out, not contributing and advising properly or getting shouted down/ignored when they do.