BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Speaking as a Wednesday season ticket holder of many years standing, I find the offer a bit insulting to be honest.

Mr Chansiri either knows very little of Owls fans...or maybe a bit more than we give him credit for.

I for one will not be taking up the offer, you by your ticket to support the Club, and you also buy it cos you enjoy going.

Its a bad season, we have had them before, many ,many times.

Now a proper offer would be....Next seasons tickets at a decent price to recompense for thgis seasons disappointment...isn't it?

You don't insult anyone, you get the fans on board...Its reight face saver...You know the only problem with it?

You are going to have to stand to it.

Agree with this fully.  

That probably would have been the best way forward whilst causing as little damage as possible.  

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Speaking as a Wednesday season ticket holder of many years standing, I find the offer a bit insulting to be honest.

Mr Chansiri either knows very little of Owls fans...or maybe a bit more than we give him credit for.

I for one will not be taking up the offer, you by your ticket to support the Club, and you also buy it cos you enjoy going.

Its a bad season, we have had them before, many ,many times.

Now a proper offer would be....Next seasons tickets at a decent price to recompense for thgis seasons disappointment...isn't it?

You don't insult anyone, you get the fans on board...Its reight face saver...You know the only problem with it?

You are going to have to stand to it.

I totally agree that this is what should happen.....in normal circumstances.

It's ridiculous but reducing our revenue through reducing season ticket income would presumably mean missing our revenue targets and therefore we would fail FFP, not be able to buy players and have 2 years of further stagnation...at best.

Crazy rules we are playing under in the EFL. 

7 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Do you deliberately miss the main points or are you trolling?   I have no idea which because I must have explained about a million times and that's just me, it was a few people moaning after getting emotional ffs. The guy is in charge of the club not some tin pot business where you get arsed if a couple of customers don't like what they got. 

We have far far more pressing matters than this poo yet you think he is right , that's your view, but it's absolutely mental we are even at this point and even more mental our fans think there is nothing wrong with it

I'm not known for perspective.

When Atkinson left I wrote to him at Villa telling him fans were calling him Judas but "Judas only betrayed Jesus Christ. You Mr Atkinson have done something far worse. You have betrayed Sheffield Wednesday Football Club".

He never replied - but that's how much I think of Wednesday.

lol

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

You gave me your opinions and told me what Chansiri had done. 

I would:-

• Reduce ticket prices so we aren't the most expensive in the division - like other clubs have done.
  • Switch back to the stripes that should never have been scrapped.
  • Undo the spunking of money will be tricky - I'll grant you that.
  • Appoint a person who knows how to run a shop.
  • Appoint a person who can build relations with local companies back up.
  • Restore the iconic badge.
  • Pick a competent company to help design and manufacture the new strip and not charge more than any other club in the division.

Are you asking me to submit a detailed prospectus with cashflow forecasts, design ideas, retail management CVs?

lol

Just to throw my twopeneth in on what i see as a contradiction in most posts about the kit etc.  Most of those that want the traditional and historic stripes back, because it is our identity also want the "iconic" badge back, which to my view is a more modern device, surely if we are looking at history, tradition and identity, it should be stripes with the new old badge?  Just sayin' like :ph34r:

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Just now, Striggy said:

Just to throw my twopeneth in on what i see as a contradiction in most posts about the kit etc.  Most of those that want the traditional and historic stripes back, because it is our identity also want the "iconic" badge back, which to my view is a more modern device, surely if we are looking at history, tradition and identity, it should be stripes with the new old badge?  Just sayin' like :ph34r:

I happen to like the 70s designed badge. We've had a jumble of badges before and since. I don't want a return to the club shop under the Ozzie Owl Club either.

:CEO:

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Why ?

The club have offered the refunds its not an offer i'm at all interested in but the way we capitulated Monday i wouldn't blame anyone looking into it 

Why beause some of our fans are that pathetic because we having a bad season. 1st carlos then owner now the new ceo he prob sick to death of getting critized everything he does .so for fans to want money for a bad half a season is a joke in my eyes he been here 3 years and the club 100./.better nowit not quite as rosy slot turn like spoilt brats

1 minute ago, dan1980 said:

Why beause some of our fans are that pathetic because we having a bad season. 1st carlos then owner now the new ceo he prob sick to death of getting critized everything he does .so for fans to want money for a bad half a season is a joke in my eyes he been here 3 years and the club 100./.better nowit not quite as rosy slot turn like spoilt brats

What accent should I read this in?

lol

Guest Willow Owl
32 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

You gave me your opinions and told me what Chansiri had done. 

I would:-

• Reduce ticket prices so we aren't the most expensive in the division - like other clubs have done.
  • Switch back to the stripes that should never have been scrapped.
  • Undo the spunking of money will be tricky - I'll grant you that.
  • Appoint a person who knows how to run a shop.
  • Appoint a person who can build relations with local companies back up.
  • Restore the iconic badge.
  • Pick a competent company to help design and manufacture the new strip and not charge more than any other club in the division.

Are you asking me to submit a detailed prospectus with cashflow forecasts, design ideas, retail management CVs?

lol

Please refer to one of my previous posts which I posted facts that answered the above. I really don't get what you are coming from. I am just saying that DC has answered all your concerns so why do you not post something that hasn't 

been debated and answered a thousand times before. 

25 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Do you deliberately miss the main points or are you trolling?   I have no idea which because I must have explained about a million times and that's just me, it was a few people moaning after getting emotional ffs. The guy is in charge of the club not some tin pot business where you get arsed if a couple of customers don't like what they got. 

We have far far more pressing matters than this poo yet you think he is right , that's your view, but it's absolutely mental we are even at this point and even more mental our fans think there is nothing wrong with it

Not a troll, it’s fairly simple from what I can see.

ok 2roland2 I’m not happy with the way you’ve gone about things. Can I have a refund please ?

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Think it's a good post mate struggled with the last few bits lol

Just now, Willow Owl said:

Please refer to one of my previous posts which I posted facts that answered the above. I really don't get what you are coming from. I am just saying that DC has answered all your concerns so why do you not post something that hasn't 

been debated and answered a thousand times before. 

Just because DC says he doesn't like stripes doesn't mean the issue goes away.

Just because he says high ticket prices are necessary doesn't explain how and why other clubs can be successful without adopting those policies and doesn't mean he's right.

He says some things take time to get right - should it take 3 years to sort a shop out?

So he may have talked about my concerns but he hasn't made them go away and I will bang on until I force you to put me on ignore.

lol

2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Think it's a good post mate struggled with the last few bits lol

Was getting a bit carried away with mysen ha

24 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I'm not known for perspective.

When Atkinson left I wrote to him at Villa telling him fans were calling him Judas but "Judas only betrayed Jesus Christ. You Mr Atkinson have done something far worse. You have betrayed Sheffield Wednesday Football Club".

He never replied - but that's how much I think of Wednesday.

I really hope that this is true, because that is brilliant :biggrin: :laugh: :biggrin: 

I now believe unfortunately, that DC does not like any form of critisism, even well meant, heart felt and constructive critisism, from loyal fans. Though I do also understand and do sympathise, that not all critisism that comes DC's way is such, by any means. 

I do think DC needs to grow a far thicker skin though now, for his own good as much as anything else. At the moment it is looking increasingly like a dictatorship at the club and that it's always his way or the highway - I may be wrong, but that is how it appears.

If some fans are disgruntled - with good reasoning - I don't think the answer is to give some money back to such fans, in this way. Would the expectation then be that such fans will just 'do one' and possibly disassociate themselves with SWFC in the future ?  If so, this is a poor business move IMO and also one that wouldn't work.

I don't think anybody expected this stance as chosen to be taken from DC, at all. Also it does appear to me that this gesture is born from anger and without any true good will. This all also is now highly likely turn fan against fellow fan here and may also end up alienating DC further from a large core of  supporters. This all also shows the club in a very poor national light and actually makes us somewhat of a laughing stock really, IMO.

This cant be what DC intended, can it ? Surely there are far better ways to have dealt with this issue.

UTO.

Guest gizowl

Get a grip, anybody wanting a refund, WAWAW, FFS, this is the magic of our football club, it's the best roller coaster ride on the planet. Let's give Mr Chansiri the chance to put things right, everybody jumping on the new CEO before she walks through the door, what went off at Charlton is nothing to do with us, she'll probably be coming here with a totally different remit. What Chansiri needs to do now is prove he's learnt from mistakes, show he's putting things right then build bridges by putting season ticket prices at early bird prices until next season starts.