BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

I'll tell you what we are... a bunch of melodramatic flouncers. A few reasons why: -

1- Turned fans against fans? No, fans turned against fans, because we're having differing opinions. This hasn't turned fans against fans anywhere near as much as Nuhiu does...

2- We've always been able to get a refund on season tickets, its just mentioned in the public domain now.

3- Finally, those saying that we are a laughing stock; no we're not. I've just mentioned it to a few of my mates who support teams all over the world, and everyone of them has said that its a decent thing to do. Not one of them said that it makes us look laughable. When I said that the flouncers on here and the ones wanting to get support for their agenda thought it was laughable, 2 of them said that they were probably blades, one the others said that it is just typical of Sheffielders - and you know what... I 100% agree with them.

Grow up FFS

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Maybe those who have asked Chansiri for a refund didn't really mean it, either, and this is  simply a case of him wrongly taking their words at face value.

I wonder if we'll ever get to find out how many take him up on this offer?

It’ll be RECORD NUMBERS like every other thing that comes out of this clubs PR dep:manager:artment 

41 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Fair enough

Some people will agree with what he said, some will disagree. That's what opinions are for 

My biggest gripe is the way people responded to that. As far as I've seen the chairman has been nothing but honest, and he showed that with the answering of various questions throughout December. I think he deserves a bit more respect from a small handful of childish fans.

Like her or not also, the new CEO has come in and regardless of her previous roles, she deserves a fair chance and people should see what actually comes of it rather than jumping the gun. Good luck to her.

She is Charlton's Dave Allen. They warned warned us about her. Would we welcome Big Dave back without a care - clean slate etc  - or would we be wary? And that is all some of us are being. No-one is protesting about her arrival.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You meam like all those who have logged on to tell us they hope fans get named and shamed or  banned for life if they was for a refund on their season ticket?

that pack?

The one positive to being a football chairman is that you get your own set of stormtroopers that will back you to the hilt no matter what you do and you don’t even have to pay them a penny.

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I thought it was funny. It's genius comedy about sarcasm so right on point. I quite like you as well. 

In fact I like all the passionate posters as long as they aren't abusive and dismissive of fellow fans. We all care deeply. We all want a successful Wednesday - we just happen to differ on how to get there and what success actually means. Oh and on just about everything else. 

Although I don't like the idea of any supporters taking up this offer from the chairman I think it is getting blown out of proportion.

DC has done what some supporters have asked, and he is only offering a refund of the remaining 10 home games, not what has already been used.

We all need to chill out and hope the managers position is filled quickly so the squad can be freshened up.

1 minute ago, jerseyowl said:

Although I don't like the idea of any supporters taking up this offer from the chairman I think it is getting blown out of proportion.

DC has done what some supporters have asked, and he is only offering a refund of the remaining 10 home games, not what has already been used.

We all need to chill out and hope the managers position is filled quickly so the squad can be freshened up.

Exactly this...

8 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

The one positive to being a football chairman is that you get your own set of stormtroopers that will back you to the hilt no matter what you do and you don’t even have to pay them a penny.

Plenty of "stormtroopers" who just love giving the club a good kicking too though mate

24 minutes ago, modboy said:

It's why they need a fan to work on the business side of the club. Someone who understands the club and more importantly Sheffield people. 

I feel a fresh CEO was required who would take tough decisions, perhaps without an emotional attachment, but that needs counterbalancing with fans thoughts too 

I initially thought these steering group things were going to be like this.

Ideas get passed back and forth, then the club get on with what the majority of the fan base feel happy with.

In practice the steering group things were pointless 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

My guess is all those who’ve negged you will be getting their refund call themselves supporters cmon. What can chansiri do right he’s trying to rectify wrongs and you watch these idiots will take it basically putting middle finger up to him for all his efforts

Comments have certainly been received with some mixed emotions  lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jerseyowl said:

Stop talking sense FFS!

This is OT...

2 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Is this a refund for the whole season ticket? Surely not a refund for games gone is it?

I could understand offering for the next 10/11 home games that people have paid for but not games that have happened.

Anyone ITK?

Just the remaining games.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/11194187/sheffield-wednesday-offer-to-refund-season-ticket-holders

"The offer comes from chairman Dejphon Chansiri after a meeting with fans - and provides a refund on Wednesday's remaining 10 homes games this season."

All this s**t is taking all the focus off what really is the biggest problem.... Finding a top class manager and getting the players fit and wanting to win games again . IMO I don't think DC has been handling things at all well for a while from the corporate boxes etc all the way to now getting embroiled in this rubbish. I know the new CEO comes with " baggage" but until decisions are made we can't really judge her can we ?

We've got the biggest game of the season coming up ( unless we really get dragged into a relegation scrap) and we all need to focus on this. 

Deal with all this season ticket crap at the end of the season 

UTO.  FTB !!!!

Great 

As predicted the world press has picked up on it and published the story

Just what we need when we have the worst form in the championship, just got battered at home, an upcoming derby game against United, have the entire first team unavailable for whatever reason, and have no manager

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, steveger said:

Plenty of "stormtroopers" who just love giving the club a good kicking too though mate

These "stormtroopers" have probably spent thousands following Wednesday over the years and care as much about the club as you do.  They are supporters of Sheffield Wednesday not the owner. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Great 

Just what we need when we have the worst form in the championship, just got battered at home, an upcoming derby game against United, have the entire first team unavailable for whatever reason, and have no manager

So apart from all the above how do you feel this season's going?:tango:

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Great 

See where you're coming from OT but I think we've just got to think pet shop the world press and all the doubters !!!

we're Wednesday !!!!.... pet shop em all !!!

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

That isn't abuse. It's sharp I don't doubt that - but abuse?

So saying he has lost the plot and spat the dummy out is constructive criticism. 

Not in my line of business