BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

I’m as angry with the way Chansiri is running the club as anyone else, but you pay money and you take your chances. I wouldn’t expect to be asked to stump up a bit more if we were running away with the league, so I don’t expect to get my money back.

What I think would be a better idea would be a decent discount on renewals next season as I feel I need some sort of incentive to purchase again! 

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Great 

As predicted the world press has picked up on it and published the story

Just what we need when we have the worst form in the championship, just got battered at home, an upcoming derby game against United, have the entire first team unavailable for whatever reason, and have no manager

But apart from that what’s gone wrong? :stuwinky:

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Great 

As predicted the world press has picked up on it and published the story

Just what we need when we have the worst form in the championship, just got battered at home, an upcoming derby game against United, have the entire first team unavailable for whatever reason, and have no manager

Whatever his legacy, the chairman has successfully put a JCB right through the middle of the fan base.  I want this to end well, but anyone with an ounce of sense knows it isn't going to.

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

Plenty of fans work at the club, some in fairly senior positions. Some good people.

They are either being shut out, not contributing and advising properly or getting shouted down/ignored when they do.

Therein being a huge promble because if he ain't for listening (which many believe he ain't) then there would appear to be little chance of things improving anytime soon, particularly his bank balance.

Never too late to start listening

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

Plenty of fans work at the club, some in fairly senior positions. Some good people.

They are either being shut out, not contributing and advising properly or getting shouted down/ignored when they do.

Well if that's true then this CEO business could be blessing or a hinderence.

She might come in and be receptive to ideas and be able to go to Chansiri and put them in a way which looks more appealing.

(Do they call that "Guided discovery"? When you go to someone with an idea, and somehow convinve them it was theirs?!)

Alternativly they might find that she becomes an extra layer of bufferring to stop the messages getting through.

Interesting times ahead.

Track record doesn't fill me with confidence. But...

People do learn, we have to hope that she's learnt from her experiences and is  a different animal at Hillsborough and will be a positive appointment....

1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

What is reality tho?..

In my reality I'm easy to please. Don't mess with traditions, respect the fans, don't charge outrageous prices and put out a team commensurate with our spending that is reasonably entertaining and tries. No tantrums, no boos if things go boobies up - just the chance to enjoy the football and bask in the warmth of our history, traditions and passion.

Success on the pitch is the hardest thing to get right and being a Wednesday fan I have learned to be patient. The rest is a doddle and no need to rock the boat. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Tell me something wrong with any of that.

Wasting you're time mate. People actually believe what they want rather than the facts. 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am very curious what the conditions are on the refund and how the refund would be 'facilitated'.

Not that I am actually want a refund just curious but don't want to end up on some sort of black list if I enquire.

Swap deal with Chesterfield.

Take your boots and you might even get a game. 

13 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am very curious what the conditions are on the refund and how the refund would be 'facilitated'.

Not that I am actually want a refund just curious but don't want to end up on some sort of black list if I enquire.

They cant issue a refund unless you request one

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

If he hadn't spat his dummy out originally there would be nothing to renege on would there?

It was the fans demanding refunds that spat the dummy out, DC offered them what they asked for. 

In my opinion he should have just ignored the minority of attention seekers and concentrated on the appointment of a new manager to get us out of current slump. 

Either way the guy is been cast as the devil for having the minerals to have a pop back at fans who continue to show him the lack of respect he deserves. 

20 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well if that's true then this CEO business could be blessing or a hinderence.

She might come in and be receptive to ideas and be able to go to Chansiri and put them in a way which looks more appealing.

(Do they call that "Guided discovery"? When you go to someone with an idea, and somehow convinve them it was theirs?!)

Alternativly they might find that she becomes an extra layer of bufferring to stop the messages getting through.

Interesting times ahead.

Track record doesn't fill me with confidence. But...

People do learn, we have to hope that she's learnt from her experiences and is  a different animal at Hillsborough and will be a positive appointment....

I have a couple of Charlton fans who said that she stepped in determined to make an impression and follow the owners wishes...after putting her foot where her mouth was she realised what the job was about and for the last few months has kept her thoughts to herself. I'd give her a chance before we get the pitchforks out. You never know she might be just the person to let DC stop trying to be a hands on everything chairman into a figure head who lets the club run on it's own feet. After all if everyone on here can see what's wrong then the CEO could see exactly the same

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

I have a couple of Charlton fans who said that she stepped in determined to make an impression and follow the owners wishes...after putting her foot where her mouth was she realised what the job was about and for the last few months has kept her thoughts to herself. I'd give her a chance before we get the pitchforks out. You never know she might be just the person to let DC stop trying to be a hands on everything chairman into a figure head who lets the club run on it's own feet. After all if everyone on here can see what's wrong then the CEO could see exactly the same

Let's hope so mate

It's a very significant appointment that's for sure

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

I quite agree.