BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

Just like to make an observation from my point of view.

Just got to the bottom of page 27, in the last few pages i have seen posts complaining about nevthelodgemoorowl.

I haven't seen the offensive posts that he has posted.

But it doesn't seem like his usual type of postings, yes he has upset a few people in the past, but not with so much venom (as far as i have seen before).

Has somebody else posted on his account, or has he posted it but is unwell, or has he actually been posting like this all the time and i haven't noticed?

Nev?

Or anybody else noticed this, it might just be me being :wacko:.

Edited by MAL

They say there is no such thing as bad publicity, however when trying to recruit a manager, and possibly players, this doesn’t show the club in a good light.

Really should all have been done on the quiet by contacting people directly if they were looking for refunds, as is the current policy for people requiring a refund for ill health etc.

What this shows is that we are unlikely to get a manager until after all of this has blown over and is out of mind.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The fact we're on national/international news about this is not good

Especially when trying to attract top class managers

Imagine being Paul Lambert and seeing the news coming out of the club in the last 24 hours

You'd be like "No ta"

Sounds like good news then.

• Haha 1

No one ever wanted or wants a refund, we’re just all frustrated and embarrassed with what’s happening to our club.

If DC honestly believes we all do he seriously needs to get some proper football people involved in the club and advising him that fans will say a lot of things and can turn nasty but in reality all want the same things for the first team to be doing well. 

If can get someone in to turn this around all these issues will go away and we all know it

47 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Totally unfounded and irrelevant comment at this point in time.

No correlation at all  Dave Allen went as supremo and owner  he could replicate his toxic way of club running as he wished.

Our new CEO performed according to her instructions from the Charlton owner she will now perform as Chansiri instruct and NOBODY yet knows how that will be...as others have said wait and see you may turn out to be right but equally wrong.

She didn't act on instructions from above when threatening fans with legal action.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

She didn't act on instructions from above when threatening fans with legal action.

And you know that how?

Guest Willow Owl
11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It's difficult not to post ifs and buts when I am not in control of the club. I have explained what I would do if I was in charge and what I wouldn't have done. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it any less valid. If I upset you ignore me. I'll reply if I want - that's what forums are for.

I enjoyed the football of 2 years ago. It was thrilling and entertaining. Last season I was bored shitless, this season I am watching an unravelling team in my own quiet, subdued, horrified way. I didn't even boo after the Burton game - I was a bit shellshocked. 

Given I hate the prices and the kit, have been wary about spunking money we haven't got from the start and the team is in freefall, what do you think I should be lauding? The shop? The corporate side? The pies are OK. The pub idea seems quite good. I like the pitch. I could do without the big telly. I would quite like a manager and my parameters on what I would not find risible are incredibly wide. Whoever we get should be given time - Gray looked on paper a poor appointment but he did well. Likewise, I'm wary of the new CEO but hope she will do a good job and we have to give her time.

As regards the ST offer I as yet have no view on it. If DC uses it to penalise people I will think it reprehensible. If, as I think it will be, it's a straightforward "here's a bit of cash" then I'm not  bothered either way.

I hope this was slightly more acceptable to you. It's the best I can do.   

Again all opinion and supposition,  I gave you some facts in a previous post to all of this, and pointed out that DC had answered nearly all you're concerns. Yet you still keep posting the same old Rhetoric with no alternatives given. Constant criticism with no obvious view of how to change things.  

Guest Copthorneowl
Just now, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Its all there if you can be bothered to read whats gone off at Charlton.

Thanks your answer illustrates its your speculation/opinion thanks for it but that's all it is.  I've read the lot so your comment about me not being bothered to read is also off the mark, Theres  no link to show or prove she acted without any lead from her owner and that's the only fact we know. 

9 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Again all opinion and supposition,  I gave you some facts in a previous post to all of this, and pointed out that DC had answered nearly all you're concerns. Yet you still keep posting the same old Rhetoric with no alternatives given. Constant criticism with no obvious view of how to change things.  

You gave me your opinions and told me what Chansiri had done. 

I would:-

• Reduce ticket prices so we aren't the most expensive in the division - like other clubs have done.
  • Switch back to the stripes that should never have been scrapped.
  • Undo the spunking of money will be tricky - I'll grant you that.
  • Appoint a person who knows how to run a shop.
  • Appoint a person who can build relations with local companies back up.
  • Restore the iconic badge.
  • Pick a competent company to help design and manufacture the new strip and not charge more than any other club in the division.

Are you asking me to submit a detailed prospectus with cashflow forecasts, design ideas, retail management CVs?

lol

Edited by rickygoo
  • Haha 1

Speaking as a Wednesday season ticket holder of many years standing, I find the offer a bit insulting to be honest.

Mr Chansiri either knows very little of Owls fans...or maybe a bit more than we give him credit for.

I for one will not be taking up the offer, you by your ticket to support the Club, and you also buy it cos you enjoy going.

Its a bad season, we have had them before, many ,many times.

Now a proper offer would be....Next seasons tickets at a decent price to recompense for thgis seasons disappointment...isn't it?

You don't insult anyone, you get the fans on board...Its reight face saver...You know the only problem with it?

You are going to have to stand to it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

If those wanting refunds hadn’t spat the dummy then he wouldn’t have had to offer it.

If he refused em a refund = he gets slagged off.

if he gives em a refund = he gets slagged off.

Who would have slagged him off if he refused refunds?  When has it ever been an issue? It's not something that ever occurred to me short of a bereavement.

41 minutes ago, ANDY said:

OMG

We’re even on the SSN programme too 

37221160-2853-4904-B78F-5FB2601CDF41.jpeg

63143F95-10D0-46B7-B8D9-A982BA515B0B.jpeg

So it's not a serious offer. Nobody can take up an offer on Friday if they aren't going to know the terms until the following week.

That shows bad faith and I say that as someone who is generally a supporter of DC.

The club should have made the terms available immediately.

(Assuming SSN is right.) 

FAO Owlsman82 who wanted a summary:

It is on the website: 

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/season-ticket-request-process/

To summarise the thread:

Some people asked for for a refund on STs cos they weren’t happy. 

Mr Chansiri said OK here’s how. 

Some people then said they didn’t really want a refund. 

Some people are still not happy.

Football fans eh?

:ghoulguy:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Or he could have ignored the one thing that goes off at every football ground in the football leagues in ever country

(fans getting upset and emotional ) 

and then got on with things In a  professional manor and concentrated on the much bigger issues....... btw you are sending people round in circles again, we will never agree

How would that appease those that wanted a refund?

The man is stuck whichever way he turns with some people.