BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

To me its not the offer itself just that I don't think its been done very diplomatically.

Got a feel of 'Here's your money and don't come f****** back'  rather then as an attempt at an olive branch to disgruntled supporters.

Agreed, it was like a petulant child who can't get their way.

Very poorly done

4 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

KM has been appointed as part of the restructuring. How has that been accepted? 

It's been accepted with a cynicism due to her awful reputation from her time at Charlton. That's why i posted he should employ competent people not potentially decisive people as that's the last thing the club needs right now is more infighting after such a shambolic season both on and off the pitch.

5 minutes ago, modboy said:

Press conference should say....

apologise for this season, 

it's a learning curve but we're trying our best, 

season tickets are frozen and free commemorative 150 anniversary scalf/hat/pin badge for all season ticket holders on the last game of the season

= boom 

I bet that took seconds to come up with and it's by far superior to anything we've done in the last how ever many years.

DC has taken it to a new level of ineptitude but we have been awful for as long as i have known and ive been going 30 years.

3 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Is that just not how you see it though rather than how it really is in reality?

It's an offer for fans to get out if they no longer want to go, it's not much of a bigger deal than that.

Yes I agree think it may be the way I interpret it. Think I have my interpretation may have been coloured by the bizarre 2am Xmas message to supporters. I think its the part where the conditions of the refund are not fully published that makes it slightly sinister.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Said about what soecifcially?

Let me be clear – we all want the same thing. When I arrived at Sheffield Wednesday, I said I would like our 150th year to coincide with a return to the Premier League. I said I would try my very best, we would all try our very best to make this happen. I did not say that I guaranteed we would be in the Premier League by then. I can never guarantee anything or look too long to the future – I said I will try my best to fulfil the fans’ dream. I have tried to make the dream come true while fixing the problems of the past and building foundations for the future. I never said I am rich, I never said I was a good man or anything but one thing is certain, I am a human being like everybody else.

In the short time I have been here, not for even for one second have I thought anything bad to our club. I have been part of the Sheffield Wednesday family for less than three years and my own family are now 100% Wednesday. I remember some fans say owners come and go, this is not my club, it is your club, but fans are the real owners and have the real loyalty. But I can say I never damage our club, so what are some people doing now? When we have serious issues we can talk like a family and as human beings and work out the best way forward. It is easy to work like pure business but I work like a human being and a chairman.

I have to be honest and say since I have been here I have found it difficult at times. When someone does something good in football, this makes everyone satisfied, they are the best, but when they do something wrong some people - and I must stress it is only some - scold with no respect at all. To these people, I say, have you never done something wrong? If anyone has never done anything wrong, they have never done anything at all. As I say, I have no problem with criticism, opinion or suggestion but this should be constructive and not damaging. If your family or your boss said you are bad all the time, do you start to believe you are bad all the time? Families are supposed to stay together, in good times and bad. I have to ask, is my worth just to invest money for our fans? Is it for the fans’ benefit and advantage only? I have never thought like this before but now maybe I start to think the same, like business.

Tell me something wrong with any of that.

If Chansiri is offering refunds based on a very very small percentage of people suggesting it, some of whom most likely said it in an emotional rant or simply a sarcastic sense, then I’m afraid he’s never going to be the right person to take the club forward.

For as poor as performances on the pitch are I don’t think any serious football fan would expect to be given a refund. There’s no certainties when it comes to matchday and if there was we’d have been getting no one through the gates during the best part of the 2000’s.

I honestly cannot see what Chansiri is standing to gain from even offering people this.

It might only be a small hit in a monetary sense right now, but what happens if, next season things once again don’t go to plan, numerous players publicly start making it known they want out and the club falls foul of FFP, Katrien Meire lives up to her form at Charlton and we sink into the relegation zone.

For what may be very small minority now will grow into a louder voice. Does Chansiri have to offer more and more people their money back? You know the call will be made by supporters as it was an option previously given.

It seems to me that we’ve got a very wealthy owner who fancies a game of Russian Roulette with something far more greater than cold hard cash at stake, namely 150 years of history.

I mentioned elsewhere on social media that the first 6 months of 2018 and the decisions the club makes will define where we are at for at least the next 6 years. It took not even a full day to cause controversy and speculation with the appointment of Katrien Meire.

Its hardly inspiring is it. 

5 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Me either mate

Reads as a very heartfelt message

The problem is that there's an evident lack of football culture or the culture of our country which could be leading to a few unnecessary issues.

Everyone wants to crack on together and with a new manager, a fit squad and upturn in results this will happen, but the fans can't affect any of that

That's for the chairman to do

I'd be wanting him to do that instead of ranting on the official website about offering refunds to two or three people that didnt' really mean it anyway as they were just rambling out of pure frustration that we need a new manager, a fit squad and an upturn in results

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I know its changing the subject slightly but the line from those quotes that stands out to me is:

I never said I am rich, I never said I was a good man or anything but one thing is certain, I am a human being like everybody else.

Where is the money coming from he is investing? Is that just a typing error?

Edited by matthefish2002

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Me either mate

Reads as a very heartfelt message

The problem is that there's an evident lack of football culture or the culture of our country which could be leading to a few unnecessary issues.

Everyone wants to crack on together and with a new manager, a fit squad and upturn in results this will happen, but the fans can't affect any of that

That's for the chairman to do

I'd be wanting him to do that instead of ranting on the official website about offering refunds to two or three people that didnt' really mean it anyway as they were just rambling out of pure frustration that we need a new manager, a fit squad and an upturn in results

Fair enough

Some people will agree with what he said, some will disagree. That's what opinions are for 

My biggest gripe is the way people responded to that. As far as I've seen the chairman has been nothing but honest, and he showed that with the answering of various questions throughout December. I think he deserves a bit more respect from a small handful of childish fans.

Like her or not also, the new CEO has come in and regardless of her previous roles, she deserves a fair chance and people should see what actually comes of it rather than jumping the gun. Good luck to her.

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Fair enough

Some people will agree with what he said, some will disagree. That's what opinions are for 

My biggest gripe is the way people responded to that. As far as I've seen the chairman has been nothing but honest, and he showed that with the answering of various questions throughout December. I think he deserves a bit more respect from a small handful of childish fans.

Like her or not also, the new CEO has come in and regardless of her previous roles, she deserves a fair chance and people should see what actually comes of it rather than jumping the gun. Good luck to her.

Agree with all of that

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Easiest calculation would be to deduct the cost of the half season ticket from the full season

Sort of agree, cost paid divided by 23 x 10 = refund and then there should also be an admin fee too