BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I find it staggering that after the week we've had that fans are delighted at this new conflict

This week literally could not have gone any worse than it has

Now is not the time to be having snide digs at other Wednesday fans

Now is precisely and exactly the time to be sticking together

Hence why some folk are astounded that other want refunds.

You want us to stick together but the anti club stance coming from this forum seems to be growing and allowed to bloom

3 minutes ago, richowl said:

Of course not.

gullible fans love to hear the 'I love  the club' 'it's in my blood' etc

Like Milan used to spout ? Yeah i know he was clear it was business as well, but he really was a spin doctor on that old underwater bubble phone telling the fans what they wanted to hear...  just as a comparison  

Edited by steveger

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Hence why some folk are astounded that other want refunds.

You want us to stick together but the anti club stance coming from this forum seems to be growing and allowed to bloom

Soooooo tiring hearing you post that repeatedly now.

I'm not quite sure what you want me to do?

Telll all those looking at the form table, the new CEO appointment, the late shirts, the anniversary watches being oversold, the corporate boxes being empty, the manager being sacked, the entire first team unavailable for duty, losing the last game 3:0 etc etc etc to just shut up because you can't handle their concerns being posted?

Get real mate

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, richowl said:

Of course not.

gullible fans love to hear the 'I love  the club' 'it's in my blood' etc

The new CEO thinks it's "weird" that football fans think this way. She wants you to treat coming to Sheffield Wednesday like going to a restaurant. 

There is no place anymore for "I love Sheffield Wednesday". This is a product and a business and you're either buying it or you arent. 

2 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Raising ticket prices in one of the most financially depressed areas in the country.

Getting rid of the stripes.

Disbanding the recruitment team and replacing with something far worse.

Replacing the badge with summat out of Hogwarts.

The 150th Anniversary damp squib.

Those watches.

The late/new kit.

The overspend on players wages and poor recruitment.

The appointment of the new CEO.

And now this refund offer.

... I could go on. Quite easily. All these things are ultimately his responsibility based on how he (in his own words) wants to run the club. He wants to be head of the family, then he takes responsibility.

Some of that is just down to opinions though. 

I quite like the kit, I like the badge. I know people who have bought and love the watch.

The kit is temporary, the stripes will be back one day. 

No one complained when he disbanded the “recruitment team” when it happened It’s only until recently that people have assumed this has caused an issue. 

The 150th, overall, has been poor IMO. I expected more, I expected us to be shouting it from the roof tops. 

The walk up ticket pricing is poor too.

But not of those items, IMO, warrent a season ticket refund. 

9 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Attendances have shot up in the last few seasons, what does that tell the chairman?

Really? My information for last five years is as follows:

2012–13               24,078
2013–14               21,278
2014–15               21,992
2015–16               22,641
2016–17               27,130

So, with the exception on last year that's not shot up in last few seasons. Still, how about not just picking one thing out but discussing the entirety of my post.

Edited by Owl Be Back

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Soooooo tiring hearing you post that repeatedly now.

I'm not quite sure what you want me to do?

Telll all those looking at the form table, the new CEO appointment, the late shirts, the anniversary watches being oversold, the corporate boxes being empty, the manager being sacked, the entire first team unavailable for duty, losing the last game 3:0 etc etc etc to just shut up because you can't handle their concerns being posted?

Get real mate

As a contrary to this in fairness mate, since we’ve started doing poor this season it’s been astounding how many of the same boring club-slagging threads are stuck on the first page. 

His last statement was picked apart and a new thread was posted on near enough every paragraph, the negativity has been bred on here and i’ve never seen anything like it. 

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

You clearly mustn’t be reading between the made-up lines. 

He’s OBVIOUSLY being passive aggressive because people on social media say he is. 

Duh.

Sorry mate, I struggle reading the proper lines much less making up what should go between them...

I wish others would do the same..

lol

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

The new CEO thinks it's "weird" that football fans think this way. She wants you to treat coming to Sheffield Wednesday like going to a restaurant. 

There is no place anymore for "I love Sheffield Wednesday". This is a product and a business and you're either buying it or you arent. 

I tried the Orient Express on Saturday. £4 for half a cup of watery curry and rice. That's one restaurant I won't be returning to.