BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

1 minute ago, steveger said:

Welcome to modern football, blame SKY and the greedy top clubs, they have made it this way

To a large extent, yes. Fans are an unwelcome inconvenience in some clubs.

Good Chairman however respect the fans, regardless of the difference they make to the balance sheet.

Is it so wrong that people would like to still feel part of a club, a community, retain a sense of ownership for something we have never actually owned.

Its not one or the other. You can be (relatively) successful and inclusive. Look at Huddersfield.

25 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Just seems to me like bully boy silencing tactics and considering his recent appointment as CEO, like a big two fingers up to anyone that dares to disagree.

The sooner fans realise DC is in this for one thing and one thing only the better.

it's a business & he's in it for the 'big bucks' upon promotion. (should it ever happen). It doesn't take Einstein to see this purely from the changes around the ground,advertising,loss of commercial partners & extortionate ticket/corporate prices.

its amazing how many naive & gullible fans we have.

Edited by richowl

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm just saying I'm really happy that you're enjoying it so far mate

Long may it continue for you :)

And clearly by your responses to me thoroughly enjoying the season, you clearly don’t share the same opinion. 

What’s bothering you this season? 

I find it staggering that after the week we've had that fans are delighted at this new conflict

This week literally could not have gone any worse than it has

Now is not the time to be having snide digs at other Wednesday fans

Now is precisely and exactly the time to be sticking together

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If every club offered money back because the season wasn't panning out as expected there wouldn't be too many football clubs left before long.

He knows business apparently, but not the football business. It’s why he’s trying to surround himself with the right people (something else the fans asked him to do). Not that I’m saying that lady would’ve been my first choice and not that I knew much about her before yesterday.

Just now, richowl said:

The sooner fans realise DC is in this for one thing and one thing only the better.

it's a business & he's in it for the 'big bucks' upon promotion. (should it ever happen). It doesn't take Einstein to see this purely from the changes around the ground,advertising,loss of commercial partners & extortionate ticket/cooperate prices.

its amazing how many naive & gullible fans we have.

Nowt wrong with that

1 minute ago, Bukta said:

The football club absolutely needs to be run like a business otherwise it won't survive.

Then he needs to start showing some very basic business acumen.

Because take away the same blind loyalty of football fans that his new CEO disregards with such ease, and in any other walk of life this "business" would be considered an abject failure and the gates would be shut permanently. This is NOT being run like a successful business. 

5 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

It's difficult to find the right words for those who agree with the veiled threats and passive aggressive tone of this "offer", demanding that anyone choosing to do it be banned from the club or the like. "F*cking pr*cks" comes close though.

I’ve just looked on the OS and have read the offer, where is there a veiled threat ? Where is there a “passive aggresive” tone (whatever that is), where is there any mention of anyone being banned from the club ?

Before you post please actually look at the official site for what has been said rather than posting FAKE NEWS..

Your analogy comes no where near IMHO..

I find it staggering that after the week we've had that fans are delighted at this new conflict

Yes but that’s not going to happen is it? Imagine the first person to tell everyone what the conditions are? They will have obviously applied for the refund - what dogs abuse they will get. 

Edited by Spencerowl

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Fans have been getting more and more divided on virtually every issue for the last few years

Urging them to stick together just won't work

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Absolutely, and its even possible if we have different views currently. We’re All Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

I’ve just looked on the OS and have read the offer, where is there a veiled threat ? Where is there a “passive aggresive” tone (whatever that is), where is there any mention of anyone being banned from the club ?

Before you post please actually look at the official site for what has been said rather than posting FAKE NEWS..

Your analogy comes no where near IMHO..

You clearly mustn’t be reading between the made-up lines. 

He’s OBVIOUSLY being passive aggressive because people on social media say he is. 

Duh.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m fed up of being the reasonable one. Someone else can have a go, this is complete madness.

The bloke is responding to requests to supply refunds by offering refunds. He’s trying to keep people happy and on board.

Why does there need to be a battle? Where does that get us? We’ve seen with the Carlos situation that our Chairman will eventually lsten, but picking a fight with him on every subject can only be counter-productive.

Act reasonably, then expect a reasonable response. Simple really.

At last a bit of common sense. 

I genuinely don't think anyone's delighted at any of this crap mate, i should think that the majority of us were quite hopeful when CC went

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

Fans have been getting more and more divided on virtually every issue for the last few years

Urging them to stick together just won't work

No I know that

I just feel I have to appeal for sanity when I'm seeing Wednesday fans urging the chairman to ban fellow Wednesday fans for being unhappy at heading towards the relegation zone with the entire first team unavailable, and all the off the pitch stuff going on

Owlstalk Shop