BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

What I will say to anyone thinking of doing it please don’t. I won’t call you a traitor or a plastic or coward but just say that personally I feel that with a season ticket you sign up regardless and no matter what you get that season you get. I’d much rather people stuck it out for the rest of the season then decided for next season if you are gonna bother or not but at the end of the day whatever you do is your choice so good luck to you.

UTO

Some unfortunately will do it just for being opportunists, it's the way a good percentage of people are in these modern days sadly

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It's getting more bizarre and messier by the day

The fact fans are choosing to have a dig at other fans instead of looking at the bigger picture isn't just disappointing but it's a sign of things to come IMO

Worrying times

Divide and conquer! 

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Stuck to his promise, who can argue with that?

His promise to who?

He didn't need to make it to me, questioning my loyalty.

Should have been done in private instead of making us a laughing stock.

A written statement can cause so much distress because no-one knows how it is delivered.

Depending on your own personal feeling towards DC and club at the moment is how you are going comprehend said statement.

If you are aggrieved, you could see it as confrontation.

If you are not as annoyed, you could take it as DC being upfront an honest.

However because of the issues it can cause, it has to be written a specific way. The short and sweet  blunt version was not the way to go, IMO.

1 minute ago, steveger said:

Some unfortunately will do it just for being opportunists, it's the way a good percentage of people are in these modern days sadly

Ironically by publicising it you create more oppotunists

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Has anyone seriously asked for refunds out of the 20k plus season tickets, I bet no more than 10 have been serious about refunds. People may tweet stuff after a defeat in frustration but it doesn't actually mean something. roger me, if every chairman in the country refunded supporters who have asked for a refund after a defeat in anger or frustration a lot of owners would be well out of pocket.

Or maybe he’s realised after 2 fantastic seasons, as soon as the performances on the pitch drop off our fans can turn very sour very quickly. 

IMO he has followed through with this because of the abuse directed at him, which is embarrassing from the fans to say the least. 

1 minute ago, steveger said:

You could be right mate, might be naive of me but personally I feel a small number will take this offer up. I don’t think that many genuinely wanted this in the first place and most others won’t bother because deep down they know it’s a bit odd but then again I don’t know. The chairman has offered though so if people choose to take it up that’s their choice.

20 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m fed up of being the reasonable one. Someone else can have a go, this is complete madness.

The bloke is responding to requests to supply refunds by offering refunds. He’s trying to keep people happy and on board.

Why does there need to be a battle? Where does that get us? We’ve seen with the Carlos situation that our Chairman will eventually lsten, but picking a fight with him on every subject can only be counter-productive.

Act reasonably, then expect a reasonable response. Simple really.

This x 100% X 10000000000000 billion

Best post in this thread and very well said

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

It’s brilliant that it’s taken less than 24 hours to forget all about Miss Meire though. 

Yup, wonder who it will be tomorrow ?...

Can just see it now, "divot spotted at Hillsborough fans on social media hound head groundsman to resignation...." lol

There is plenty wrong at Wednesday at the minute. But I can’t believe him offering unhappy fans a refund is getting quite such a bad reaction. Don’t get it. Hope we can get a few back fit and win some games to lighten up the mood a tad. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

His promise to who?

He didn't need to make it to me, questioning my loyalty.

Should have been done in private instead of making us a laughing stock.

That's what most of the people having a pop at the Chairman are worried about...well fuckthe blades and the horse they rode in on...who gives a flying what the scrubbers think. In the end he offered the chance for people who were unhappy with the club to get a refund on their season tickets for the rest of the season...if people hadn't have asked it he wouldn't have offered.

22 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m fed up of being the reasonable one. Someone else can have a go, this is complete madness.

The bloke is responding to requests to supply refunds by offering refunds. He’s trying to keep people happy and on board.

Why does there need to be a battle? Where does that get us? We’ve seen with the Carlos situation that our Chairman will eventually lsten, but picking a fight with him on every subject can only be counter-productive.

Act reasonably, then expect a reasonable response. Simple really.

There should be no pops from either side

The reaction to this official website publication tonight on here and social media should tell you everything you need to know

Owlstalk Shop

On this bullying thing that’s now been put forward....

This is what happens. People say feck you, and stop going.

Mr C then has an empty, unfulfilling, continually loss making business, that he can’t get rid of, and that costs him a fortune.

He doesn’t strike me as being that thick. 

3 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Or maybe he’s realised after 2 fantastic seasons, as soon as the performances on the pitch drop off our fans can turn very sour very quickly. 

IMO he has followed through with this because of the abuse directed at him, which is embarrassing from the fans to say the least. 

What abuse?