Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Even after Forest game despite Joao performance and goal all the media hype was how Rhodes scored a pen and would do him the world of good - how about our young confidence drained striker who had just torn Forest about? Why not praise him: possibly as his dad isn't a coach:

He did to be fair

* sorry, Thought you meant bullen

Edited by bigsheff

So which nazi general do you think should be the manager to lead us out of all this?

I was thinking Erwin Rommel (I saw a film about him yesterday and he looks just like a young James Mason) but I think that Heinz Guderian is probably the best choice. He certainly gave us and the Froggies a damned good spanking in the early summer of 1940 and I reckon he could do a good job for us and he certainly knows a lot about power play. I'd put Keitl in as second in command.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

You’ve got to laugh at Chris Kamara saying all that’s going on is slow passing between both penalty areas with no chances. 

Carlos has obviously got his methods across to his players already!

What the f*** are you on about? Matthew Upson says we played silky smooth fast paced attacking football under Carlos and were desperately unlucky to not progress from the play-offs.

You obviously never went to any of our games son :carlos:

Edited by Rebowl Yell

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

To be fair 11 teams haven't beaten them in a row at their place. I don't think a patched up, out of form side of ours could manage it. Sadly. 

That patched up side still cost a lot more than the entire Preston side that are challenging fotr the play-offs. In fact Abdi alone cost more than them!

Just shows how DC's money has been squandered and how easily we are letting off the players chosen to play today.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

2 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Could have sworn this was a Wednesday matchday thread. Its full of Swansea and Winnall posts. That just goes to show how interested we are in our own club. 

The last time I checked, Winnall was still a Wednesday player, albeit on loan to another club.

Edited by Miffed

One good thing today, modern technology.

It is amazing how they can do this on a live show.

They can make one team look like they can control a ball, pass a ball, run into space, quickly make a decision with the ball at their feet, have cohesion going forward, be fit, be quick and look like they know what they are doing.

The other team not so much.

I love technology.

2 minutes ago, Purley Arms Owl said:

Yes. For about 25 years. Including Sheffield boys U16 and U18. Trained at Hillsborough as a teenager.

Only my humble opinion after a few games at all levels.

Might Know you I played for Sheffield boys, Watched by Wednesday Didn't make the grade, late 60's early 70's.