Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread

17 minutes ago, Purley Arms Owl said:

Agreed. Will never understand how he arrived....and then left so quickly.

Heres a theory..... and Im only speculating based on things that have happened

The club wanted to sign a striker to give us the final push towards automatic/play offs. Rhodes was the main target and at one stage it didnt look like we were going to get him.

Now look how many times a striker has come off the bench, had a huge impact in changing the game, possibly even scoring only for the next game the same strikers being picked. For example, Joao/Winnall come off the bench for Rhodes, score a goal, put in a shift, have the fans chanting your name only for Rhodes to start the next game. While Rhodes, at that time, wasnt doing the business, didnt look sharp or even fit enough.

From Winnalls point of view, he was scoring for fun at Barnsley and had gotten a move to a much bigger club in a higher up in the league. He arrived with a bit of a fanfare and full of confidence and as I said before the fans were singing his name. How would you feel if you were being dropped after scoring?

I get the impression that many players had lost it with Carlos for the exact same reason. Players were signed (Winnall, Abdi, Boyd) and simply not played. This coincides with Carlos recent interview about not being able to motivate the fringe players.

Frankly, I believe that Winnall is possibly more outspoken and has probably said something. Maybe even this was possibly the cause of the training ground bust up with Forestieri? Maybe Winnall stood up for himself and didnt accept being frozen out like other players. And frankly could you blame him?

Edited by Miffed
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Purley Arms Owl said:

Yes! We have a strong enough squad to beat teams like these, it the players really want it. We needed pace from the off, and a real desire to win. I've always thought football is about 10% ability and 90& desire. Do we have the desire and the confidence to give it a go?

We could have beaten these.

Evem Reading winning now.

You ever played?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Anyone still want Bullen? This is worse than Carlos the clown.  We have been totally outplayed by flippingBrentford.  It could easily be 3 or 4 nil FFS!!

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Heres a theory..... and Im only speculating based on things that have happened

The club wanted to sign a striker to give us the final push towards automatic/play offs. Rhodes was the main target and at one stage it didnt look like we were going to get him.

Now look how many times a striker has come off the bench, had a huge impact in changing the game, possibly even scoring only for the next game the same strikers being picked. For example, Joao/Winnall come off the bench for Rhodes, score a goal, put in a shift, have the fans chanting your name only for Rhodes to start the next game. While Rhodes, at that time, wasnt doing the business, didnt look sharp or even fit enough.

From Winnalls point of view, he was scoring for fun at Barnsley and had gotten a move to a much bigger club in a higher up in the league. He arrived with a bit of a fanfare and full of confidence and as I said before the fans were singing his name. How would you feel if you were being dropped after scoring?

I get the impression that many players had lost it with Carlos for the exact same reason. Players were signed (Winnall, Abdi, Boyd) and simply not played. This coincides with Carlos recent interview about not being able to motivate the fringe players.

Frankly, I believe that Winnall is possibly more outspoken and has probably said something. Maybe even this was possibly the cause of the training ground bust up with Forestieri? Maybe Winnall stood up for himself and didnt accept being frozen out like other players. And frankly could you blame him?

Can imagine majority of the squad are baffled as to why Rhodes keeps getting chance after chance. Joao gets benched, Winnal gets sent to Derby.

Even after Forest game despite Joao performance and goal all the media hype was how Rhodes scored a pen and would do him the world of good - how about our young confidence drained striker who had just torn Forest about? Why not praise him: possibly as his dad isn't a coach:

Could have sworn this was a Wednesday matchday thread. Its full of Swansea and Winnall posts. That just goes to show how interested we are in our own club.