Dom Howson is starting to say it how it really is

Owls campaign is on a knife-edge

I don't think it is. I think we've blown it for this year. Technically we can still get in the play offs but I see little to persuade me that we can break out of the current mind set. It seems ingrained.

When a team gets in a rut you can drop half the players to get fresh ideas on the pitch, you can sell players and bring new ones in or you can change the manager and get someone in who can shake the players out of their lethargy. In my opinion we need to change the manager, I'm sorry to have to say that because Carlos was great that first season but he and the team seem to have run out of ideas. Maybe a new manager won't get us promoted this season, who knows, but I've lost faith in Carlos being able to do so. The draw with Hull was the last straw for me.

8 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

I think Carlos has had more than a fair crack of the whip. He couldn't get us over the line in the first year when we were firing why one earth would he be able to do it now. He's bottled nearly every important game we have been in

I don't disagree with you.

I am pretty convinced that Carlos has done all he can and isn't capable of turning this around. I'm just not happy shouting for another person to lose their job, never have been.

I also don't think it makes a blind bit of difference either way. The Chairman will make his decision regardless of what the fans think, we have learnt that in his time here.

Article is spot on, "consistently inconsistent" is the perfect way to describe our season so far. I would like to see a change to a more attacking 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 formation, we certainly have the players and quality. We need to be bold and go for it now.

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

some local no mark journo who's done nothing in the game telling us nothing we don't know .as if he's some sort of expert .

Why the roger does a journo have to have done "anything in the game" to be able to comment on football?

In fact I trust less what some ex-footy player says in his heavily sponsored column (ghostwritten every last one of them) because he is a former player who alot of the time will look after and do favours for his mates on whom he is asked to pass comment on.

Don’t have any issue with his conclusions, accept perhaps for the fact, that he thought this squad would fare any better

Personally, I was never seduced by the, supposed big name players we had recruited In reality, most of those players might have done well at this level a few years ago, but this league has changed massively in the last couple of years

Where we are in the league is, I reckon, an accurate barometer of the squad’s ability

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t have any issue with his conclusions, accept perhaps for the fact, that he thought this squad would fare any better

Personally, I was never seduced by the, supposed big name players we had recruited In reality, most of those players might have done well at this level a few years ago, but this league has changed massively in the last couple of years

Where we are in the league is, I reckon, an accurate barometer of the squad’s ability

Can’t agree with that

When we are on it, and the players are playing to their strengths then we take some stopping 

8 hours ago, torryowl said:

maybe but i'm in a bolshie mood coz  my egg yolk broke while I was poaching it ......

White wine vinegar, is a solution, to your other problem of cult following, sorry.

56 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Can’t agree with that

When we are on it, and the players are playing to their strengths then we take some stopping 

Well it’s just my opinion Every team has a good day once in a while, and when things fall into place, we have enough good players to turn sides over My view is, the squad lacks certain attributes that are fundamental to be successful in the modern game

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

yeah fans being the operative word .....how can you possibly say that the majority of supporters think that way . has there been mass booing , as there been carlos out chants , sure we need to do better and turn the draws into some wins everyone knows that but some " respected " local journo giving is opinion doesn't mean the majority nod sagely an agree with him .

I'd say in my opinion the majority share Dom Howson's opinions. However been the chants or boos you refer to as I think most like myself realise that won't change Chansiri's opinion. Then the booing and chanting would only go to produce an even more negative environment than the one we already have. 

20 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hmmm. Local journalists often only turn against managers when they know his time is coming to an end. 

Have to agree with this, local journalists are usually very pro club as they want exclusives and interviews and to keep on side. This is across the country. i noticed a couple of weeks ago Radio Sheffield  interviewer style had become a lot more challenging and now Dom is no longer sitting on the fence. i suspect they can smell blood.

6 minutes ago, Quist said:

Have to agree with this, local journalists are usually very pro club as they want exclusives and interviews and to keep on side. This is across the country. i noticed a couple of weeks ago Radio Sheffield  interviewer style had become a lot more challenging and now Dom is no longer sitting on the fence. i suspect they can smell blood.

I don't think Carlos will survive another defeat, and I think the press know that.